PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Shooting Assignment - September

Pages : 1 2 [3]

kraker
09-12-2006, 03:02 AM
The idea of a monthly assignment is nice, and maybe we're all delayed because of the summer holidays, but it would be good to decide on a subject soon. Or just skip September and have an early start with the October assignment. (Well, the month is just a name...)

Digidurst
09-12-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm kinda late to the game here so forgive my [dumb] question but who is supposed to decide and when will he or she pick something?

Maybe he or she is disheartened by the lack of participation. But the chair photos were very nice and I would love to start submitting something.

So, lets go :)

John Bartley
09-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Ok, Maybe I'll cross the line a bit here and suggest that for September AND October I'll usurp the moderators decision making power and make the decision for us? (only for this one as David must be busy)

I will say the subject will be "work" and while the subject must have to do with some sort of "effort" (work) that the photographer is doing or has done, attending, organising etc .. it doesn't necessarily have to be your place of emplyment. Working on your garden, your deck, your house, the results of personal physical effort of your own are all fair game as is your place of employment.

If anyone has an objection to me suggesting this, please say so and I will back out with apologies :).

Photos may be posted until the last day of October and ... this is NOT a contest, but more of a participaction event :)

cheers

picturetaker
09-12-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm in - darn, left my camera at work.

kraker
09-13-2006, 01:52 AM
Okay, great, let's get started. Time to get creative... :)

George Papantoniou
09-13-2006, 02:29 AM
I HATE WORK !!!

Why has it to be about a work that the photographer is doing ? When it's about other people working, it doesn't bother me that much. It's only when I am working that "work" gives me the creeps...

kraker
09-13-2006, 02:45 AM
I HATE WORK !!!

Why has it to be about a work that the photographer is doing ? When it's about other people working, it doesn't bother me that much. It's only when I am working that "work" gives me the creeps...

:)

And besides: my cable release is too short, I can't take a picture of myself at work. :(

Alex Bishop-Thorpe
09-13-2006, 02:50 AM
I'm in! I'll have a photo up whenever I develop next, sounds fun.

John Bartley
09-13-2006, 05:43 AM
I HATE WORK !!!

That's the spirit !!

Show us that emotion in the photographs that you post :).

cheers

Jim Noel
10-05-2006, 10:50 AM
So, is the October subject "work"?
How do I post my entries?

Jim:)

Christopher Walrath
10-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Is there going to be an October assignment?

John Bartley
10-10-2006, 04:49 PM
So, is the October subject "work"?
How do I post my entries?

Jim:)

Hi guys,

Sorry to be so long (away on holidays), but ... yes, it's "work" as posted above, and .. it runs until the end of October, and maybe then David will be back and will tell us what the November assignment is.

Submissions are uploaded to the "monthly shooting assignment" gallery. I have one coming this week.

cheers

John Bartley
10-30-2006, 05:56 AM
Only two days left to submit photos for the September/October "Monthly Shooting Assignment". It ends tomorrow night.

We should start discussing a new assignment on Wednesday and hopefully davidb will be back to lead us again (as it appears that my temporary leadership coup has resulted in a less than spectacular response :p )

cheers

Ole
10-30-2006, 06:02 AM
I've got my picture ready, but forgot the assignment...

And now I'm on my way out the door to go to work again, and won't get home again in a week or two. So: No scan from me this time.

Typical of me, when I finally brought a camera to work!

Digidurst
10-30-2006, 07:34 AM
Only two days left to submit photos for the September/October "Monthly Shooting Assignment". It ends tomorrow night.

We should start discussing a new assignment on Wednesday and hopefully davidb will be back to lead us again (as it appears that my temporary leadership coup has resulted in a less than spectacular response :p )

cheers

Oh dear... I got busy. Please don't take my lack of participation for anything having to do with your coup. ;)