PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange : Round 8 Sign Up

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

rst
10-15-2006, 09:00 AM
... Hey Nige: How many cards are we suppose to get? I assume that everyone will receive a different quantity, right?
I would assume that you will get as many cards as are on your match list. So everyone who will receive a card from you will also send a card to you. At least that is my understanding of Nigels matching algorithm.

I printed my cards yesterday and labeled them today. Tomorrow one of those cards will be on its way to your mailbox. :) Let's see how long a card needs from Germany to the US.

Regards
-- Ruediger

Nige
10-15-2006, 04:56 PM
yep, all things being equal*, you should get a card from everyone on your list.

* factors include :
matching was accurate
postal system doesn't loose them
mailman doesn't take a fancy to one and souvenir
we have no deadbeats

Buster6X6
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
I just wanted to let everybody from my group know my cards are in the mail. Looking forward receiving mail again
Thanks Nige

Greg

reellis67
10-15-2006, 07:37 PM
I printed the last 11 of mine and they will go in the mail on my drive to work in the morning. Oh, yeah, wonder of wonders, I remembered to *sign* these!

- Randy

Mick Fagan
10-16-2006, 01:52 AM
The balance of mine went out today and I received my first one for this round, from Tom Kershaw, quite nice.

Although I'm having an interesting time, working out if there is a particular way it should be viewed!

Mick.

Tom Kershaw
10-16-2006, 03:55 AM
Card horizontal, with the "access structure" to the left.

Tom.

tommy5c
10-16-2006, 04:43 PM
ok so i know there has to be an easy way, but how do you subscribe to a thread? I'm either blind or something. am i missing something. Sorry to invade the sent and received conversations, but i want to subscribe to this thread, so this is where i'm posting this.

reellis67
10-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Tommy,

First, be sure that you are logged in. Go to the top of the thread and click on the 'Thread Tools' button (right side in the grey bar) and select 'Subscribe to this thread'.

- Randy

hal9000
10-17-2006, 12:36 AM
I got my first card today, a really nice print of Bok Tower. Based on the post office stamp I assume it is from Randall. Thanks very much, I really like it!
Which APUG User ID are you? Nige, could you maybe provide a list of the APUG names to match the list of human names you sent out?
Cheers,
Hal

rst
10-17-2006, 01:30 AM
... Which APUG User ID are you? Nige, could you maybe provide a list of the APUG names to match the list of human names you sent out?

Hi Hal,

the last column of the address list sent out by Nigel contains the APUG user name.

And BTW: Thanks for the 'Berlin look through'. I do not know if this was your intension, but if this is in Berlin, then it reminds me somehow to the German government. The different meanings of the German word 'Durchblick' came immediately into my mind. Unfortunately this word play does not translate well into English.

Regards
-- Rüdiger

Nige
10-17-2006, 02:39 AM
yes, the .txt file contains the APUG name, the labels however don't. Probably a good idea if people do write who's sending the card, cause at times I've only worked it out by elimination! Sometimes, though, despite good intentions, people leave them off.

Buster6X6
10-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Tom has send me a nice image of the Eden project roof detail.Thank you very much. Fun begins. I can't wait to get home and check my mail.

Greg :D

Mark Fisher
10-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Finished printing on Monday evening and labled, trimmed and stamped them last night. I really need to get a post card sized speed easel.....of course it seems like I usually want a less rectangular crop anyway! FYI - I looked and Adorama and Calumet sell postcard sized easels. I hope you like my contribution.......I really love this exchange!

Aggie
10-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Finished printing on Monday evening and labled, trimmed and stamped them last night. I really need to get a post card sized speed easel.....of course it seems like I usually want a less rectangular crop anyway! FYI - I looked and Adorama and Calumet sell postcard sized easels. I hope you like my contribution.......I really love this exchange!

Watch ebay for adjustable 2 blade 5x7 easels. They usually go for under $10 and mostly are brand new never used. I've picked up four and given 3 away.

MenacingTourist
10-19-2006, 12:40 AM
Watch ebay for adjustable 2 blade 5x7 easels. They usually go for under $10 and mostly are brand new never used. I've picked up four and given 3 away.
Yeah, thanks for that easle. I doubt it was ever used until I got it.
Does this make you my sugar mama?

Tom Kershaw
10-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Received an interesting postcard from Rudiger Stobbe a couple of days of ago, featuring three circular windows.

reellis67
10-19-2006, 07:54 AM
I got my first card today, a really nice print of Bok Tower. Based on the post office stamp I assume it is from Randall. Thanks very much, I really like it!
Which APUG User ID are you?
Cheers,
Hal

Hal,

I'm Reellis67 here on APUG - I'd change it to my real name, but I don't think that users can do that themselves. I forgot to sign the first batch, which was about 22 cards, so many people will probably wonder who sent that one. I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for the kind words.

- Randy

MenacingTourist
10-19-2006, 01:13 PM
For some reason it took me almost a week between printing and mailing. I work from home on Thursdays and Fridays so now I'm done. I love that almost half my cards mailed to international members.

I've also recieved four cards from my postcard peeps. I even got a polaroid transfer from gr82bart. The member who shot St. Marks had the name covered by the barcode so I don't know who you are, but thanks :)

bmccarthy007
10-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Posted 30 cards this morning. I have received six thus far, all great and a source of enjoyment for the whole family. I haven't been so eager to check the mail box since I was a kid and was waiting for the secret decoder ring to arive! So much more enjoyable than the usual fare of bills and credit card solicitations! Also fun to send. First exchange for me, I just started processing & printing about a year ago and APUGers have been an unbelievable source of information and inspiration. Thanks to Nige for keeping this event going!

Brian McCarthy

Buster6X6
10-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Very nice print from Rudiger with dormer windows came along today. Very nice lens Rudiger. Thank you very much. It reminds me of time I spent in Berlin in late sixties and begining of seventies.

Herzliche Grusse Greg :)