PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange : Round 8 Sign Up

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

rst
10-22-2006, 05:20 AM
... Very nice lens Rudiger. Thank you very much. It reminds me of time I spent in Berlin in late sixties and begining of seventies.
Thanks Greg,

unfortunately it is not my own lens. So now I know that my cards might have gone by airmail, I forgot to tell this to the lady at the post office and without airmail they may take four weeks to go over the ocean.

So you were in Berlin some time, so then I understand where you got all the pieces of the still you sent along to me ;)

Hey, I got 8 cards so far and I like them all without wanting to judge which I like best. Maybe the most interesting is the one sent by Art (gr82bart) because it is so different from all the other cards and done using a process which I never heard about.

So maybe Art, please correct me if I am wrong, with your slide printer you copied a Kodachrome 64 35mm slide to a Polaroid and then transferred this to the paper? Can you do this with all polaroid films?

Anyway, this is so much fun, Nige, count me in for the next round.

-- Ruediger

gr82bart
10-22-2006, 08:08 AM
Maybe the most interesting is the one sent by Art (gr82bart) because it is so different from all the other cards and done using a process which I never heard about.Hi Ruediger,

Thank you for the kind words. I try to be different. Although I thought Polaroid Transfer is quite a common and well known process. Check out these websites for more information on the process:
http://www.polaroid.com/global/movie.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441759899&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574488338441&bmUID=1161522365497
http://www.alternativephotography.com/process_imagetransfers.html

So maybe Art, please correct me if I am wrong, with your slide printer you copied a Kodachrome 64 35mm slide to a Polaroid and then transferred this to the paper?Yes, that is what I did.

Can you do this with all polaroid films?I have used this process using only 669 and 59 films. According to someone, who's name I can't remember right now, any of the films ending in "9" can be used.

Regards, Art.

simulatordan
10-23-2006, 12:19 AM
Hello All,

A number of very nice 'cards have just arrived.

i. A nice still life from hal9000, simple everyday objects seen as a special thing

ii. Great abstract from Art, tremendous skill and a fantastic result thanks.

iii. Thanks Donald for the architectural subject. I've had a go at sepia but yours is much more subdued, really nice

iv. Very emotive still life from Buster 6x6, Captured the officer class perfectly.

v. Your busker is nice too, thanks Mick

vi. Mark's Kodobromide conjures up old gangster films, I enjoyed this one. Thank you.

vii And last but not least the big tower another interesting piece of architecture. Thanks whoever you are.

Regards Daniel

Brian Jeffery
10-23-2006, 04:46 AM
that's it I've finally got all my cards posted. Postcards to UK addresses were sent on Saturday, whilst cards to the rest of the world were sent today when the Post Office was open.

thanks to everyone for the cracking cards received so far,

Brian

blackmelas
10-23-2006, 05:55 AM
Mine just went off in the post now. I've received several great cards from rst, Art, Ray Heath, and Mark to name a few.
Many thanks,
James

Buster6X6
10-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks Donald for St.Mark's Cathedral , Randy very nice image of Edward Bok tower( what film and developer did you use?) And unique Polaroid transfer from Art. Thank you all.

Cheers Greg

reellis67
10-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Daniel: The tower was mine - forgot to sign some of them :P

Greg: Thanks for the kind words. I used FP4+ and Rodinal 1:100. The light was kind of flat so I used the time listed on the Dev Chart rather than altering it for contrast. This was printed with a #3 filter so I should have boosted the contrast a bit in development...

- Randy

Buster6X6
10-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Thanks Randy, This exchange looks like it will be even better that first one I joined.

Greg

Buster6X6
10-24-2006, 06:35 PM
I received a very nice portrait from down under today. Thanks Mick.

Keep them coming.

Cheers Greg

Jim Bradley
10-25-2006, 12:31 AM
I've gotten all postcards printed, labelled and heading for the post office tomorrow am.
I printed 3 different images. After awhile I post them on the gallery, but I don't want to "spoil" the surprises yet :)
I've received 6 great images so far can't wait for the rest.
Regards,
Jim Bradley

Brian Jeffery
10-25-2006, 04:41 PM
I've received a great postcard from Mark Fisher of a violinist in Florence, which is really great. The only thing is Mark isn't on my Buddy list. Is this a mistake? Anyway, no worries, I printed an extra card or two so I sent one back :-)

Brian

Anupam Basu
10-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Finally sent mine out. I was waiting around for a nice clear day of sunlight for cyanotypes but boy, has it been gloomy lately. I did not want to be late beyond the end of the month deadline so I printed a few silver gelatins to make up the numbers.

So far I have received 7 beautiful prints. All of them have been excellent, but I really enjoyed Hal's multi-storied ruin (that the pillars are a wee bit tilted has been really bugging me, though ;)). Also loved the irony of Greg's fake Leica marked with a genuine swastika!

Thanks everyone,
-Anupam

Nige
10-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Mark might have got his "Brian's" mixed up.

Kevin Caulfield
10-25-2006, 09:02 PM
I printed all mine last week and they will be on their way within the next few days at the latest.

Mark Fisher
10-25-2006, 10:06 PM
I just printed out the list that Nigel sent me. I signed up for up to 50 and ended up with something less than that (39???? can 't remember!). Could it be that someone who signed up for 20 might end up getting more than 20?

Mark

Nige
10-26-2006, 05:10 AM
Mark, you should have received a file of 28 names, and addresses for everyone. You had the other 'Brian' in your list so I'm guessing you sent the card to Brian J accidently instead of Brian M.

I was hoping to send everyone a personalised Address list but had technical difficulties with MS-Access emailing the lists. Might have that sorted next round.

Derek Lofgreen
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Mine are printed and halfway addressed. I should get these off by the weekend. Great postcards so far from my list. I love getting the mail.

D.

Buster6X6
10-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Two more arrived today. Very nice print of violinist in Italy from Mark Fisher Thanks Mark. And another unique reflection of a foot bridge from Brian McCarthy Thanks Brian.

This is fun

Cheers Greg

Buster6X6
10-27-2006, 06:55 PM
This is like Christmas. Two more today a beautiful carbon fibre loaded racing car from jeffeb Thank you very much. Also "Tombs of the kings" by simulatordanVery nice combination film and developer , Me like.

Greg

BWKate
10-28-2006, 01:04 AM
Don't forget to post your postcards in the Postcard Exchange Gallery so the people that didn't sign up for this round can see what you sent.