PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange : Round 8 Sign Up

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Aggie
11-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Ah... The card I received from you several weeks ago was from the 7th exchange?

yes that was a belated 7th round exchange card.

tommy5c
11-01-2006, 04:37 PM
I squinted really hard at the description on the back. Sorry I think the glue stick came loose in transit.

S**t! This doesn’t bode well. I used that same glue in round 6 :confused: … Please, let me know if anyone else receives mine in this condition. I have a few left.
James

blackmelas
11-02-2006, 02:49 AM
I squinted really hard at the description on the back. Sorry I think the glue stick came loose in transit.

Well I won't be buying stock in Uhu anytime soon:mad: and I promise not to use it again in future exchanges! I mailed replacements to you and Bastiaan today. As I said, please let me know if you get a card from me where the photo separates from the backing.

In the meantime I've received some excellent cards from Brian, Lee, Anupam, Jim, and Nige. Many, many thanks.
James

simulatordan
11-02-2006, 07:18 AM
Hello All,

Three more postcard arrived yesterday.

The one from James (blackmelas) was complete with backing; it had stuck like the proverbial, so not problems. It is a fantastic image, full of atmosphere and some concern for the shipwright.

Jim Bradley's followed the nautical theme and is an image of a byegone age.

Finally, Bastiaan's shot is great fun. I can't see into the containers; I want to know what they are doing and why. It captures more than the moment for me.

Keep them coming. Regards Daniel

BirgerA
11-02-2006, 08:27 AM
I sent my cards out yesterday, being unemployed and looking for a new job takes much more time than one should imagine.

I received James card complete, thanks a lot for the print information.

Best to all of you, from snowy Norway

Birger A.

tommy5c
11-02-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't think you should feel bad, I haven't had a chance to get into the dark room yet. ( something i hope to do in the next week) I will get them out soon. I forgot how busy this time of year was.

Buster6X6
11-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks Nige for a nice image of a steamboat. It would be interesting to find out what camera did you use and film/ developer combination. I am still learning.

Cheers Greg

gr82bart
11-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Another awesome week of postcards have arrived! Let's see...

A really nice cyanotype fom Nige
Lovely landscape from Jim Bradley
Derek gave a macro shot of two lillies
Wonderful reflection of a Japanese Garden from Brian
A nice toned print of an old smelting plant from Bob
Bastiaan sent an interesting iamge of people looking a tubs of something
And Blackmelas sent a great image with lots of technical details

Thank you all. Still looking forward to much more.

Regards, Art.

simulatordan
11-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Hello All,

Thanks to Bob for the Lead Smelting Mills. This kind of Industrial ruin is similar to the Tin Mines here in Cornwall; emotional subject nicely handled, the toning is in keeping great.

Aggie's 'Gas' station is a lot of fun, Who's that peering over the fence at the right hand side of the pump? Is it a 'scarecrow' or an optical delusion ?

Finally an interesting one from Kevin Caulfield. I like the detail in the stump, the narrow Depth of Field really sets it off. Thanks

Every 'card received so far has been of high standard.

Regards Daniel

Buster6X6
11-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Today I received very nice print from Bob What a nice toning job I like it.

Keep the cards coming

Greg

Nige
11-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Greg, I used a Mamiya 645 and 150mm lens. Film was Delta 400 in XTOL 1:1 for 11mins @ 20C. Didn't record exposure... even though it was moving relatively slow, it was too fast for me to write the details down!

Art got a cyanotype cause I had one suitable for sending, just need to find some time to create enough of them to send everyone one!

Tom Kershaw
11-08-2006, 06:40 AM
Aggie,

Your card came yesterday. Did the gas station have something to do with the Robert Hall incident?

Tom.

Mick Fagan
11-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Nige, wouldn't that be about 10 knots, with 5 knots being effective speed, coz it's going upstream?

Mick.

Nige
11-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Mick, got the direction right, no idea of the speeds though, althought 5 sounds high for the river.

Aggie
11-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Aggie,

Your card came yesterday. Did the gas station have something to do with the Robert Hall incident?

Tom.

I thought I was the only one who would forever tease Robert about that. No robert would have had to make it from Salt Lake City area to Southern Utah via California. He was lost but not for long enough for him to make it near Sacramento. Right behind those tall weeds, is the Sacramento River right before it flows into the East Bay of San Francisco. Sadly not long after I got that shot, it was turned into a kioske to promote a nautral foods dehydrated store that is across the roadway from it. It wa painted bright floresent pink and purple, with wild lettering. The gas pump is gone as is the sign. It's an eye sore today, not even fit for color pictures.

mikeg
11-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Mine went in the post today -- sorry about the delay. October seemed to whiz by.

I've received 18 excellent cards so far -- another 10 to come. For some reason, the post offices of the world have handled my cards with kid gloves on. All of them have been received in near mint condition. James' card is perfect. Makes up for previous rounds!

Many thanks to everyone.

Cheers

Mike

Buster6X6
11-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Today is Friday and I got another three cards. Aggie Post office stuck paper code ribbon over your writing so card came with only Aggie on the back.What camera did you use it has very contrasty lens? I think next one is from Derek Lovely pair of flowers ,sorry I don't know what they are the name escapes me. Birger A Has send a nice card with very unique perspective/interesting view. I like them all Thanks guy's

Greg

gr82bart
11-12-2006, 08:36 AM
I thought I'd start the trend and I posted my Polaroid Transfer Postcard in the gallery.

Also this week, I received GAS from Aggie (:D ), I wish I were in Spain from the postcard from BirgerA, and Kevin sent a nice image of a fence post in Australia.

Thanks, Art.

Jim Bradley
11-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Following Art's lead I have posted the three images I sent.

I have recieved 16 great prints do far. SWMBO has also greatly enjoyed viewing these.

Small point for Derek. I got your wonderfully Lily (?) print but you are not on my list to send a card to. Wasn't it supposed to be set up as I send You send match up? If I'm in error please let me know and I'll send something off to Derek.

BWKate, I'm out of town this coming week but if you want to see this round in person PM me and we'll setup a meeting.

JGB

BWKate
11-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Hello Jim,

Just PM'd you before I saw this post. Sounds great! Would love to. Let me know when you're back and we'll set something up.