PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange : Round 8 Sign Up

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Kevin Caulfield
11-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Finally an interesting one from Kevin Caulfield. I like the detail in the stump, the narrow Depth of Field really sets it off. Thanks

Thanks, Daniel. Initially I had a lower, more distant viewpoint, and then realised that I should go in close and open the aperture, and then use the river to frame the post. That meant I had to stand on top of a nest of angry bullants, so I'm glad it worked. ;)

blackmelas
11-13-2006, 01:42 AM
I put mine up too, or rather moved it over from another gallery.
James

Nige
11-13-2006, 05:27 AM
Got MikeG's today.. which was pretty speedy by the Post Office! Enjoyed the pic as it reminded me of the pics I might have been able to take whilst living in the UK IF I had of taken my camera...

Derek Lofgreen
11-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Jim,
No biggie. I just sent the cards out to the folks on my list. You were on it, so I sent one. You can send me one if you want, I don't keep track of who sends me one back.

D.

Bastiaan
11-13-2006, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=blackmelas;385735]Well I won't be buying stock in Uhu anytime soon:mad: and I promise not to use it again in future exchanges! I mailed replacements to you and Bastiaan today. As I said, please let me know if you get a card from me where the photo separates from the backing.

James,

Your card arrived in good condition this time. I'm glad you had some extra. I like it a lot!

Thanks

Bastiaan

Buster6X6
11-15-2006, 07:27 PM
I got two more post cards today.Thanks Mikeg for good looking vista. Very sharp corner post image taken with my favorite camera Thanks Kevin Caulfield wonderful job guy's.

Greg

tommy5c
11-29-2006, 11:40 PM
First of all I need to apologize. I have not sent my postcards and I am truly sorry. :( However I WILL send them, come hell or high water. (that's not such a good expression after katrina is it... ) anyway my reasons span from work all the way to my new son, but none are good enough I will be sending them within the week and I'm sorry to have been so late.

Tom Kershaw
11-30-2006, 03:43 AM
James in Greece,

Thanks for the great card that arrived a few days ago. Replicating that printing sequence over however many cards must have taken some time.

Tom.

BWKate
12-01-2006, 07:07 PM
According to the Postcard Gallery only 7 postcards from Round#8 have been posted? There must be more.

Buster6X6
12-04-2006, 10:15 AM
After a long wait One post card came along. I think the credit has to go to a person who made it . It is always good to include APUG name on the post card. So I think it is Janet from New Zealand? It is a great looking pin hole image of a creek in California.I am sorry if I made a mistake.

Thanks Greg

Buster6X6
12-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Another card trickled in from gordrob of a very nice image of a creek in BC. Thank you very much. Maybe I will get the other ones? Will see.

Cheers Greg

MenacingTourist
12-11-2006, 10:09 PM
According to the Postcard Gallery only 7 postcards from Round#8 have been posted? There must be more.

I guess I could print one more but I didn't print enough to keep any for myself.

Buster6X6
12-12-2006, 02:56 PM
According to the Postcard Gallery only 7 postcards from Round#8 have been posted? There must be more.It was 8. Mine was deleted.

Greg

BWKate
12-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Greg,

Did you delete the postcard image you had posted or did a moderator?
I missed this exchange because I was moving and that's why I'm all keen for everyone to post their postcard images so I can see them!!!

BWKate
12-31-2006, 10:52 AM
Where are all the postcards from Round#8? Whomever hasn't posted their postcard image in the postcard gallery could they do so soon so I can see the rest of them!!!!

That would be nice thank you!

gr82bart
12-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Did you delete the postcard image you had posted or did a moderator?You missed out on all the brouhaha. It was deleted by the mods because the image was deemed offensive to some - it was an image of Nazi memorabilia. There was a whole thread about what should and should not be posted in the gallery.

I have to say this round was a lackluster round in terms of participation. There are ups and downs in these exchanges. I have an optimistic feeling next year will be a blockbuster (crossed fingers) year for exchanges!

Regards, Art.

Buster6X6
12-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Hi Kate
Sorry I did not see your post. Sean felt it was necessary to remove it because of hand full of people complaining it was Nazi propaganda:rolleyes: I like German WWII aircraft and to be able to paint them and pilots I have to have lot of books and memorabilia for my research on the subject.
If you want to see it I posted it on http://www.flickr.com/photos/18219136@N00/281887104/ I am looking forward the new postcard exchange.

Cheers Greg

Mick Fagan
12-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Kate, if you go to my gallery and look up "Rim Lighting" that is the one I used for this round.

I am pleased to say that I have postcard of Greg's memorabilia, sitting in my postcard album.

Mick.

BWKate
12-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Wow!

I didn't know that image casued such a problem. Oh, well, there unfortunately is something that will offend anyone. You can't offend no one, right. I mean it doesn't matter what you say or do even with the best of intentions, someone won't like it. I don't see the swastika as a Nazi symbol, I see it as a much older one that was used by the Nazis.

Thanks for the links guys, I will check it out.

Art,
As for the next round I will do my best to be very vocal about participation, posting images, and receiving images!!!!

I have a selection of three to choose from, one from China, one from Vegas, and one of my favourite animal images. So, get ready to be mailed a postcard full of my blabbly writing!!

David A. Goldfarb
12-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Sorry I still haven't sent mine yet. The new baby has added a new kink into the dark/bathroom logistics, but things seems to be settling down and falling into place, and I hope to be printing soon.