PDA

View Full Version : silverprint emulsion SE1

vef3895
09-10-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm experamenting with exposing photographs over acrylic paintings. I've rectified the problem with accurate temporaters for developing but my emulsion is still peeling off of the surface. I have very little peeling occuring in the dektol, more in the stop bath, and in the fixer my picture is almost eliminated. Any suggestions? I've read up on maybe using a hardener in the developer and fixer; is this something anyone suggest?

htmlguru4242
09-10-2006, 10:28 PM
I've very little real experience here, but everything I've read seems to reccomend going right from dev. to fix, rather than using a stopbath. Also make sure that the temperature is not too high in any of the baths.

Photo Engineer
09-18-2006, 10:13 AM
I'm experamenting with exposing photographs over acrylic paintings. I've rectified the problem with accurate temporaters for developing but my emulsion is still peeling off of the surface. I have very little peeling occuring in the dektol, more in the stop bath, and in the fixer my picture is almost eliminated. Any suggestions? I've read up on maybe using a hardener in the developer and fixer; is this something anyone suggest?

How are you hardening your emulsion?

If you are hardening it, you should give it up to 24 hours to harden.

Some acrylics 'reject' overcoats due to their very nature.

PE