PDA

View Full Version : Houston Area Alt-process (and stuff) Gathering October 28

Pages : 1 [2]

Michael Mutmansky
10-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Clay,

Which are you using these days, hydroxide or carbonate?

---Michael

photomc
10-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Returned home late last night from the gathering at Clay's. This was a really good event, and well attended. There must have been at least 25+ in attendance. Clay and his wife (and the rest of the family) were very kind to open their home up to such a large group of stangers who share a common interest.

Thank You Clay, I know those of us with the TCP really enjoyed it and we appreicated all the input.

photomc
10-29-2006, 08:58 AM
Should also mention what YOU MISSED -

Zebra was there with a 20x24 ambrotype (yeah that is 20 INCHES by 24 INCHES) - talk about breath taking - he also had several other wet plates as well as some very nice gum overs.

If you have never seen one of Kerik's wet plates you REALLY have not seen one....these are just amazing. Sorry can not find the words to describe them...just Happy I had the chance to see them. Thanks Kerik.

The quality of the work shown was just amazing..there was so much talent in one room it was .... well a bit intimidating. Best of all these talented people were more than willing to share their knowledge as well as their thoughts on your on work.

Clay finished the afternoon by showing us some of his work, and as you might guess it was very, very good.

So, for those that missed it...you really missed a Great afternoon of photography, and some of the best work being produced today - IMO.

Thanks

lee
10-29-2006, 11:15 AM
I want to second Mikes description and thanks to Clay and his family for the great time. Some of us (at the risk of being Boo'ed) actually showed some silver work also. It was great to meet everyone and finally be able to put a face with the name.

lee\c

Valerie
10-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Another big "thank you" to the Clay and his family.....it was wonderful to meet more apugers in person and to see so much awesome work. I went home on a photographic high and in visual overload. I've never done anything in alt process, but now I'm a-thinkin'...............(danger! danger!)...

BTW, how many dogs were you left with at the end of the day? lol !

Jeremy
10-29-2006, 03:51 PM
BTW, how many dogs were you left with at the end of the day? lol !

Val,

I was thinking that maybe if I barked a lot I could just stay in Clay's darkroom and he'd think I was another dog :)

WOW!!! Yeah, that's about all I can say and that doesn't begin to scratch the surface.

After speaking with Kerik and zebrahead (both are super nice guys!) I've decided to pursue wet plate and hopefully (if I eat enough ramen) I can take a one-on-one workshop with Kerik next year.

I've got some digi-snaps of people looking through work and I'll post them up here once I get the card downloaded.

Clay, thanks again! (and again and again and again).

Also, thank you to everyone who shared work and commented on the TCP project.

clay
10-29-2006, 10:27 PM
It was really great having everyone show up and display such good work. It is quite an interesting problem that it took almost 5 hours to get through all the work - and people were generally only showing a half dozen prints or so. It was a beautiful day: the weather really cooperated. Thanks again for coming, and I hope everyone left revved up to create a lot of new work.

BTW, the dog's owner called this morning and retreived his yellow lab. I think my daughter Annie was a little bummed out that she couldn't add a third dog to our 'stable'.

Val,

I was thinking that maybe if I barked a lot I could just stay in Clay's darkroom and he'd think I was another dog :)

WOW!!! Yeah, that's about all I can say and that doesn't begin to scratch the surface.

After speaking with Kerik and zebrahead (both are super nice guys!) I've decided to pursue wet plate and hopefully (if I eat enough ramen) I can take a one-on-one workshop with Kerik next year.

I've got some digi-snaps of people looking through work and I'll post them up here once I get the card downloaded.

Clay, thanks again! (and again and again and again).

Also, thank you to everyone who shared work and commented on the TCP project.

David Brown
10-29-2006, 10:39 PM
BTW, the dog's owner called this morning and retreived his yellow lab. I think my daughter Annie was a little bummed out that she couldn't add a third dog to our 'stable'.

Good. My wife half-seriously wanted to know why I didn't bring that dog home. Our present two both came from a kennel in Humble, so it seemed "right" to her. Glad he made it home! :)

Thanks so much for having all of us. What a crowd! :D Inspiring day. Humbling day. Encouraging day. Great!

Cheers to all!

Kerik
10-31-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks to Clay for the kind hospitality. It was great to finally meet so many APUGers in person. Also fun to see such a diverse collection of really fine work!