PDA

View Full Version : SE WI Get Together?

Pages : 1 [2]

Peter De Smidt
10-01-2006, 07:23 PM
If we're going to set up an impromptu studio, I can provide a Sinar P 8x10 (and 4x5) for people to use. We can all be Avedon for a day. I also have two Photogenic monolights, but I haven't been able to find my mid-sized soft box lately. If someone has one, please bring it along.

BWGirl
10-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Well, there's plenty of space here... I can contribute the solatubes in the kitchen or living room! ;)

Since I am going out of town in the morning... the 'grand southwest tour' as it were... I'm going to pm Peter my address, and I'll let him pm it to everyone who's coming. I should be able to get online during our travels, so I'll keep checking this thread and my pms.

jamie young
10-02-2006, 06:28 PM
I would also be willing to host at my studio if it helps at all.
Lot's of speedos and lighting, 2000 square feet, on the isthmus in Madison. I still have to see if I'm free on the 29th though.
Jamie

jamie young
10-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Peter just reminded me it's official at Jeanette's. Sounds great! Thanks for hosting it. Maybe next time in Madison, if people are interested.
Jamie

Peter De Smidt
10-09-2006, 07:29 AM
If anyone needs Jeanette's address, please let me know.

On a related note, I went photographing at Holy Hill yesterday. The trees are very close to full color. If you want to catch these, don't wait too long, as a number of trees are already losing their leaves.

yzhu
10-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Peter: Good morning!
I will try to go to Jeanette house and would like to meet the photographer friends in wisconsin. Please let me know her address.
Thanks!
Yong-ran Zhu

Peter De Smidt
10-12-2006, 05:34 PM
This is just a reminder about the up-coming get together.

yzhu
10-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Peter: Hi!
Jeanette has given me her address.
Thanks!
Yong-ran

Peter De Smidt
10-19-2006, 09:55 AM
This is just a reminder about the upcomming get together.

Will S
10-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Alec Soth will be in Madison speaking at the Chazen Art Museum at 7pm on 10/30.

Complete calendar at http://www.photomidwest.org/materials/PMW%20Calendar%20Poster_FINAL.pdf

Best,

Will

BWGirl
10-19-2006, 07:40 PM
This is just a reminder about the upcomming get together.

My house around 1-ish, on the 29th, Right? I'll have goodies to eat. :D Let me know how many to expect!

Looking forward to it!

eclarke
10-24-2006, 02:01 PM
I need to apologize, but I won't be able to make it after all. A small group is hanging a show in December and we are having a strategy meeting..Evan Clarke

yzhu
10-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Jeanette: Good Morning!
I am so sorry that I can not come to your house for I have a meeting this afternoon. Maybe I will see you at your camera club in the near future.
Have a good time,
Yong-ran

Peter De Smidt
10-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Jeanette,

Thanks for hosting our little shindig. It was a lot of fun.!

BWGirl
10-30-2006, 07:56 AM
We had a great time yesterday! Will brought his Kodak 2D, we ate, talked, shared prints, info and had a great time!

I loved playing "hostess",( :D ) and it was great to finally meet Peter! (I'd already met Claire and Will).

Sorry those of you who could not attend had to miss it, but there will be more opportunities! I would be happy as a clam to host again, too!

Claire Senft
10-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Indeed it was very nice f b&wgal to hold the nice get together. So, Jeanette wants to clam up on us..well we know ways to make her talk.

Will S
10-30-2006, 11:05 AM
After eating all of that wonderful food including a delicious pumpkin pie from Peter I rushed home to find my wife had prepared a huge dinner....

It was wonderful meeting all of you. Hopefully we can do another get-together sometime. And thanks for all of the info on the 2-D! And to everyone for sharing prints as well! I'll bring some next time, but I just didn't have enough time on Saturday due to the annual Halloween bash to get anything together.

Thanks again,

Will