PDA

View Full Version : oh no , the horror

Deniz
09-28-2006, 08:46 PM
I found this as i was walking in the back alley's of Vancouver downtown. its a 20x24 process camera.. thrown away. There was nothing to salvage on it.

blaze-on
09-28-2006, 09:35 PM
I'd of grabbed it anyway...
What's wrong with you!!!
:)

BradS
09-28-2006, 10:19 PM
what dark and pestilent time are these...

Dave Parker
09-28-2006, 11:07 PM
So did the rubbish man get it or are you sleeping on the couch tonight!?

LOL

:D

User Removed
09-28-2006, 11:47 PM
You could have grabbed it and called it a sculpture! Looks somewhat artsy! haha!

bill schwab
09-28-2006, 11:56 PM
I was just at a print shop yesterday picking up a free to good home revolving darkroom door. They showed me all the equipment they could not use nor give away. They also showed me rows of empty workspaces where many color strippers, etc used to work. Anyway. They had a gorgeous one of these complete and in perfect shape. They are going to cut it up for scrap. Ugh... at least I reserved the vacuum frame!

Bill

Donald Miller
09-29-2006, 12:12 AM
I was just at a print shop yesterday picking up a free to good home revolving darkroom door. They showed me all the equipment they could not use nor give away. They also showed me rows of empty workspaces where many color strippers, etc used to work. Anyway. They had a gorgeous one of these complete and in perfect shape. They are going to cut it up for scrap. Ugh... at least I reserved the vacuum frame!

Bill

I would think that these could be turned into a horizontal LF or ULF enlarger very easily. Would require a light source. That should not be too difficult to make.

epatsellis
09-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Bill, you are going to take the lens, right? if not, I will and will be happy to pay you for any costs/shipping.

erie

Dan Fromm
09-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Interesting discussion. I take it that some of you know how to transmute lead into gold.

epatsellis
09-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Gee Dan, having a bad day? You of all people would surely not want a single good piece (or even less than good) of glass getting trashed, would you?

erie

Dan Fromm
10-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Erie, I'm all for saving endangered lenses, but the image Deniz posted shows a lensless hulk.

Cheers,

Dan

epatsellis
10-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Granted, but Bill wrote:
I was just at a print shop yesterday picking up .................. Anyway. They had a gorgeous one of these complete and in perfect shape. They are going to cut it up for scrap. Ugh... at least I reserved the vacuum frame! Bill
and I told him to be sure to get the lens as well...

erie