PDA

View Full Version : Score

tjaded
10-17-2006, 05:30 PM
I recently came across two things that made my day--both incredible scores that I thought I would share. They aren't collectibles or antiques per se, but it's all about the hunt, right?? Anyway, the first thing was an ad for someone with some expired 8x10 film--very few details in the ad. I contacted them and was happy to find they were giving it away! I ended up with about 125-150 sheets of 8x10 color print and reversal film for free! It was just the kick in the pants that I needed to finally make an 8x10 pinhole camera idea that I've been kicking around for a few years. I was super happy about that, when I came across another ad for some Polaroid film. I called and went to go get it, not entirely sure what I was buying...I knew that it was Polaroid 669 and it was cheap. What I ended up with was 48 1/2 boxes of Polaroid 669 (that's 970 beautiful pieces of pure Polaroid joy) and a Polaroid 203 camera, used about 5 times...all for $80! This made me see that there is something positive about the big digital switch-over, good deals galore on "crappy old film"!

Ole
10-17-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm happy too - just got a Voigtländer Heliar 240mm f:4.5 for 60 Euros. :)

photomc
10-17-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm happy too - just got a Voigtländer Heliar 240mm f:4.5 for 60 Euros. :)

Oh...Ole, that's just bragging :p .... Seriously, congratulations on a good find.