PDA

View Full Version : Alt Exchange Round 4 - March 2007

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

CarlRadford
02-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Hey Carl,

Can you post the handles next to people's names? It would make it easier to find them for PMing purposes.

Thanks, Art.

Carl Radford - CarlRadford (I-ish)
Phill Dresser - philldresser (B/I)
Allen Friday - Allen Friday (B)
Rory Earnshaw - rorye (E-i) this guy is just too modest
Marc Leest - Marc Least (B)
Art Leim - gr82bart (I/B)
Anupam Basu - Anupam Basu (B)
Randy Ellis - reellis67 (I)
David Goldfarb - David A. Goldfarb (I)
John Brewer - John Brewer (I)
Monty ???? - Zebra (I)
Todd Stew - toddstew (I)
Anke Drewitz - Anke Drewitz (B)
Geoff Watson - gwatson (B)
Diane Colrehogan - colrehogan (I)
Robert Hall - Robert Hall (I)
Donald Stewart - (I) (personal communication)
Fred Wong - FredW - (E)
Steve Allen - magic823 - (I)
Gay Larson - Gay Larson - (?)

colrehogan
02-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Carl,
How do we contact Donald Stewart for this exchange? Saying personal communication above is kind of vague.

Diane

CarlRadford
02-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Carl,
How do we contact Donald Stewart for this exchange? Saying personal communication above is kind of vague.

Diane

Hi Diane

You've been pm'd - I'll contact the rest of the group when I have his permission to post details to you all.

Cheers, Carl

CarlRadford
02-28-2007, 03:53 AM
I have revieved a great print from Fred Wong. Palladium which has been subsequently toned in Gold Chloride which is a process I have not yet tried and one that I will need to look into. Thanks very much Fred. Mine will be printed tomorrow and hopefully in the post by the weekend.

All the very best, Carl

David A. Goldfarb
02-28-2007, 01:48 PM
We're fortunate to have some good sun today, so albumens are cooking--long overdue for round 3 and on the early side for round 4. These are the first prints I'm making other than Polaroids since Melchior was born about twelve weeks ago.

FredW
02-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Thank you for the kind words, Carl and Monty. The gold was actually added to the sensitizer, not toned afterward, an error on my part, if I did not make it clear on the description. I find gold warms the print colour, especially with this particular developer.

I also have learned something in the process, and I am actually reevaluating the development regimen. This particular negative was developed in Pyrocat HD for silver printing, but I was pleasantly surprised by the result, printing in palladium. I may not need to routinely develop to the higher contrast, with the 10x8, as I do normally now. Some testing is required, now.

CarlRadford
03-01-2007, 03:51 AM
As I look at the print the unexposed borders of the print would appear to be bronzed - they are not solid black or therabouts - yet there are real blacks in the print is this a result of the gold?

Cheers, Carl

Thank you for the kind words, Carl and Monty. The gold was actually added to the sensitizer, not toned afterward, an error on my part, if I did not make it clear on the description. I find gold warms the print colour, especially with this particular developer.

I also have learned something in the process, and I am actually reevaluating the development regimen. This particular negative was developed in Pyrocat HD for silver printing, but I was pleasantly surprised by the result, printing in palladium. I may not need to routinely develop to the higher contrast, with the 10x8, as I do normally now. Some testing is required, now.

FredW
03-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Carl, I do believe so, I have been told that its the result of the solariziation, i.e. gross overexposure.

CarlRadford
03-03-2007, 05:00 AM
My images are made and will be in the post on Monday!

magic823
03-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Received a beautiful Gum over Cyanotype of Victoria Plums from John Brewer today. Very nice. Makes me want to try that process.

Hopefully I'll be home enough soon to get my prints done.

Steve

colrehogan
03-09-2007, 08:26 AM
My images are made and I hope to get them in the post on Monday.

colrehogan
03-12-2007, 09:01 PM
My prints will go out to the two people whose addresses I have tomorrow.

reellis67
03-13-2007, 09:24 PM
I've got mine printed and they will go out in the mail before the end of the week. I've got a boat load of printing to do so I'm a little behind, and darkroom time is rare as hens teeth these days, but my group should see my prints before the deadline.

- Randy

colrehogan
03-14-2007, 09:47 PM
My last print will go out tomorrow.

Zebra
03-15-2007, 09:10 PM
My prints are going out tomorrow as well. I had hoped they would go out last week but alas there always seem to be complications in getting home to accomplish such things. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Monty

FredW
03-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Arrived home last night, and found a lovely palladium floral stilllife by Carl, in the mail. Its outstanding, I love the deep blacks, which I often have difficulty getting in my own printing without a little Na2, to the palladium sensitizer. Thanks Carl.

David A. Goldfarb
03-16-2007, 05:56 PM
I got a great Pd print today from Diane.

Mine are printed and dry. I should be able to mount and ship this weekend.

CarlRadford
03-19-2007, 04:59 AM
Glad you liked it!

Arrived home last night, and found a lovely palladium floral stilllife by Carl, in the mail. Its outstanding, I love the deep blacks, which I often have difficulty getting in my own printing without a little Na2, to the palladium sensitizer. Thanks Carl.

gwatson
03-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Got a wonderful palladium from Diane. Thank you very much.

Mine out on Wednesday.

Geoff

colrehogan
03-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Glad you guys liked it.