PDA

View Full Version : Alt Exchange Round 4 - March 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

liza
03-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi!
I havenīt been around much last year due to bad access to a computer. But, how, when if possible can I join this Alt print exchange. Have som really nice Mordancages to share with interested alt printers.
All the best
Eva

CarlRadford
03-21-2007, 04:32 PM
I am sure one or two will come forward to offer a print for exchange. Next exchange will be posted soon so keep an eye out.

All the best, Carl

Hi!
I havenīt been around much last year due to bad access to a computer. But, how, when if possible can I join this Alt print exchange. Have som really nice Mordancages to share with interested alt printers.
All the best
Eva

reellis67
03-22-2007, 08:42 AM
My prints went out this morning (finally).

- Randy

gwatson
03-24-2007, 08:14 AM
Received a very nice pt/pd print from Donald this morning. Very nice. Many thanks.

Mine went out today.

Cheers

Geoff

philldresser
03-24-2007, 08:14 PM
I finally managed to print my submissions this evening:rolleyes: . And will finish the presentation and posting during the week.

Cheers

Phill

rorye
03-27-2007, 10:43 PM
I received a stunning cyanotype from Anke today,
a cathedral in Germany. It's just lovely!

philldresser
03-28-2007, 06:22 AM
I got mine from Anke yesterday. It is lovely

Phill

colrehogan
03-30-2007, 06:29 AM
I received a lovely print from gwatson yesterday.

David A. Goldfarb
03-30-2007, 07:37 AM
I received gwatson's pt/pd yesterday as well--very nice print.

philldresser
03-30-2007, 09:57 AM
I have received a wonderful platinum portrait print from rorye. Superb quality.

Thanks Rory!

For all those in my group, my submission went in the post today

Cheers

Phill

Gay Larson
04-01-2007, 05:14 PM
I received a lovely cyanotype on Friday from Randy (reellis67) and I thank you very much.

Anke Drewitz
04-02-2007, 08:13 AM

Thank you and Phill for your nice words, I received your print last week and its a really nice print of a very special scene. But please can you give me some words about the print technique?

Anke

gr82bart
04-02-2007, 01:35 PM
I too received a nice cyanotype from Randy this weekend. Thanks Randy! I have just 'cracked' open my cyanotype kit and will be making mine this weekend. I will be late this round since I have many, many prints to make.

Oh curses and the postcard exchange with a bajillion particpants just closed too. My backlog is getting bigger and bigger. Err ...

Regards, Art.

colrehogan
04-02-2007, 07:03 PM
I received a lovely palladium print from Donald Stewart today.

rorye
04-03-2007, 12:04 AM
I received Phill's lovely cyanotype floral today, and I'm so happy with it! It's going to look great next to Anke's cyanotype on my kitchen wall.
Anke, apparantly in my rush to send out the prints I forgot to include the data sheet. The print is a gum over platinum/paladium on Fabriano Uno. The neg is on Polaroid Type 55. The pigment is Burnt Sienna. Developer is Potassium Oxolate, cleared in Citric Acid.
Best,
Rory

Anke Drewitz
04-03-2007, 02:50 AM
The print is a gum over platinum/paladium on Fabriano Uno.
Best,
Rory

Hi Rory,
thanks for the data, I was a little bit confused about the two colours at the print, but now it is clear. Hope to meet you again in one of the next exchanges ;)

All the best,
Anke

philldresser
04-03-2007, 05:42 AM
I received Phill's lovely cyanotype floral today, and I'm so happy with it! It's going to look great next to Anke's cyanotype on my kitchen wall.
Rory

Rory

That was quick! I only posted on Friday. The carrier pigeons must have had tail winds :)

I am glad you like it. However please feel free to critique via pm if you have any comments. I am still fairly inexperienced in Alt Printing and always willing to learn more.

Cheers

Phill

toddstew
04-03-2007, 11:01 PM
I have received two beautiful prints in the mail so far. One stunning cyanotype from Anke, and an amazing urinal scene from Rory. Mine are going out tomorrow. Thanks for the wonderful additions to my prints from previous exchanges!
Todd

reellis67
04-04-2007, 08:09 AM
I too received a nice cyanotype from Randy this weekend. Thanks Randy! I have just 'cracked' open my cyanotype kit and will be making mine this weekend. I will be late this round since I have many, many prints to make.

Oh curses and the postcard exchange with a bajillion particpants just closed too. My backlog is getting bigger and bigger. Err ...

Regards, Art.

Art,

Thanks for the kind words! That negative is my favorite so far in cyanotype. I would like to work with some other processes, as well as build an 8x10 printing frame, but like you said, the Postcard Exchange is huge this time, and I've got a butt-load of other printing obligations still... I'm not at all concerned about when your print arrives - they are always well worth the wait.

- Randy

rorye
04-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Todd's beautiful pd. print arrived yesterday. It's really subtle in it's tones and I like it a lot. Thanks Todd :)