PDA

View Full Version : Alt Exchange Round 4 - March 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

CarlRadford
11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Well no time like the present to get people thinking about the next one. Same guidelines as those stated at the beginning of the Alt Exchange Round 3 thread. Sign up by 1 Feb 2007 and prints to arrive first week in March 2007!

For this round please specify if you class yourself - or others do for those that are shy - as: (B)eginner (I)ntermediate or (E)xpert which will help in putting the groups together to ensure an even spread - again every attempt will be made to put people into new groups!

As there is now a hybrid forum and bearing in mind that this is an analogue forum I need to ask that the entire process must be analogue. Whilst I have no beef with digital negs and am exploring this route myself we need to be true to this forum and ask if anyone has strong feelings on this then the best way forward would be to start a print exchange on the hybrid forum where in time I hope to join in!

Please also include your first name if not your full name as well as your apug moniker to make things easier to communicate.

Mark Fisher
11-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Sounds good......

Mark Fisher and, well, Mark Fisher

and definitely still a begineer....but getting better

CarlRadford
11-06-2006, 03:19 PM
So far:

Carl Radford - CarlRadford (I-ish)
Phill Dresser - philldresser (B/I)
Allen Friday - Allen Friday (B)
Rory Earnshaw - rorye (E-i) this guy is just too modest
Marc Leest - Marc Least (B)
Art Leim - gr82bart (I/B)
Anupam Basu - Anupam Basu (B)
Randy Ellis - reellis67 (I)
David Goldfarb - David A. Goldfarb (I)
John Brewer - John_Brewer (I)
Monty ???? - Zebra (I)
Todd Stew - toddstew (I)
Anke Drewitz - Anke Drewitz (B)
Geoff Watson - gwatson (B)
Diane Colrehogan - colrehogan (I)
Robert Hall - Robert Hall (I)
Donald Stewart - (I) (personal communication)
Fred Wong - FredW - (E)
Steve Allen - magic823 - (I)
Gay Larson - Gay Larson - (?)

philldresser
11-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Carl

Count me in again.(B+) Too good to miss

Phill

Allen Friday
11-07-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm in for another exchange. Count me as a beginner (B) for this exchange, as I think I am going to try wet plate (tin type) for it and the process is still pretty new to me.

Allen Friday--B

Travis Nunn
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I'll go for it again. Maybe one day I'll make the leap from beginner to intermediate.

Travis Nunn (B)

rorye
11-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Yes please! This is a fun exchange.
Rory (I)

CarlRadford
11-08-2006, 01:42 AM
has requested to be pulled out from this exchange - but we hope to see him in another exchange soon!

Sounds good......

Mark Fisher and, well, Mark Fisher

and definitely still a begineer....but getting better

jimcollum
11-08-2006, 02:24 AM
As there is now a hybrid forum and bearing in mind that this is an analogue forum I need to ask that the entire process must be analogue.

well.. i spoke too soon on the hybrid forum.. guess i'll be sitting this one out

is this something that will be forthcoming in the alt-process forum as well? (no digital negatives)?

Marc Leest
11-08-2006, 02:36 AM
Count me in:
Level: absolute beginner (B)

Marc

gr82bart
11-08-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm in.

PT/PD - beginner
Polaroid transfers - intermediate

Regards, Art.

Anupam Basu
11-08-2006, 11:15 AM
I'd like to join but the only way I can avoid a digital neg now is to send a 4x5 print. If that is okay I'd like to sign up as a beginner.

-Anupam

reellis67
11-08-2006, 11:20 AM
I'd like to be in again this round. And Anupam, I sent 4x5 negative for the first two rounds and no one complained about it - and I'd be happy to get a 4x5 print for that matter.

I would be intermediate (cyanotype)

- Randy

David A. Goldfarb
11-08-2006, 11:26 AM
4x5" prints are great. I sent one in alt-exchange 2, and the one I'm preparing for alt-exchange 3 is 6x17 cm (waiting for the next sunny day that I have some time to print).

I'm still finishing round 3, but that shouldn't be too much longer, and I'll be up for round 4.

CarlRadford
11-08-2006, 11:38 AM
this is not being devisive at all but just adhering to the forum policy. In future I hope to enter into a hybrid exchange but am a long way from that just yet! Not sure about the alt-process forum!

Take care, Carl

well.. i spoke too soon on the hybrid forum.. guess i'll be sitting this one out

is this something that will be forthcoming in the alt-process forum as well? (no digital negatives)?

jimcollum
11-08-2006, 11:58 AM
this is not being devisive at all but just adhering to the forum policy. In future I hope to enter into a hybrid exchange but am a long way from that just yet! Not sure about the alt-process forum!

Take care, Carl

i understand.. i wasn't expressing anger.. just disappointed.

Mark Fisher
11-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Actually, I sent a PM to Carl with the same comment....II spoke too soon and to remove me from the list so you aren't alone! I also understand the new APUG policy, but I was also disappointed. Anyway.......

I did post a question on the hybridphoto list to see whether some people were interested in an alt process/digital neg exchange. I suspect there may not be critical mass there yet, but I figured it was worth a shot!

Mark

philldresser
11-09-2006, 12:09 PM
I'd like to join but the only way I can avoid a digital neg now is to send a 4x5 print. If that is okay I'd like to sign up as a beginner.

-Anupam

I've done 2 exchanges now and they have been 5x4s. Its a lovely format for prints in the hand.

Cheers

Phill

reellis67
11-09-2006, 02:10 PM
I've done 2 exchanges now and they have been 5x4s. Its a lovely format for prints in the hand.

Cheers

Phill

Agreed! This size feels much more intimate and for me anyway, it really works well with handcoated processes, like Phil stated above.

- Randy

Zebra
11-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Carl,

Please count me in on this exchange. I have been looking forward to contributing to one and would like to participate. I guess I would say Intermediate but hope not to disappoint!

Look forward to the participation.

Monty
aka Zebra