PDA

View Full Version : Figure Study and Other Activities

JamesG
11-06-2006, 08:40 PM
A planning meeting was held tonight (Robert Triffen met after dinner in my studio) and we have come up with a few activities for the NJ APUG group. Here they are...
27 January 2007 Figure Study Shoot, 9 - 4:30 with models in from 10 to 4:30. Cost - approximately $200-250.00 with a maximum of four APUG photographers and two models.
March (tba) - matting and framing workshop
May (???) month long APUG photo exhibit here in Frenchtown, NJ.

Let me know what your thoughts and interests are. I'll get going on the planning in a week or two.

James

Flauvius
11-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Hello Everyone:

In addition to Jim's proposals, I suggest that we deceide upon tentative dates for a weekend trip to Gettsburg. In addtion, a day trip to the boot junkyards in Greenwhich - a very small and quaint area - on the New Jersey side of the Delaware Bay. There is a Walker Even's type of grocery store in the area that is quite interesting.

Lastly, let's not forget the Delaware Valley Water Gap in the winter, Ruggels Glen's water falls, -possibly frozen over - or JOVO's Harrison, NY, old factory works suggestions.

Regards,

Robert J. Triffin

photobum
11-08-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm sorry that I had to miss the outtings this spring and summer. The Water Gap etc. do sound good. Please keep posting dates and ideas.

Jim Rhoades

TheFlyingCamera
11-08-2006, 10:22 AM
If you all decide on a Gettysburg trip, keep me posted- I can get the DC area LF crew to come join everyone, since it is a short jaunt for us.

JamesG
11-09-2006, 01:33 PM
If you all decide on a Gettysburg trip, keep me posted- I can get the DC area LF crew to come join everyone, since it is a short jaunt for us.

We can plan for a late February or early March date for Gettysburg. I know the area well and can set up a nice itinerary for a weekend and also set up lodging for those participating.

I will be down there next weekend and if I had an idea of who and how many are interested, I can get the ball rolling.

James

SteveH
11-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Please keep me informed on your Greenwich trip - I was there many years ago, and would like to head back at some point.

TheFlyingCamera
11-09-2006, 02:54 PM
We can plan for a late February or early March date for Gettysburg. I know the area well and can set up a nice itinerary for a weekend and also set up lodging for those participating.

I will be down there next weekend and if I had an idea of who and how many are interested, I can get the ball rolling.

James

I think it's a safe assumption that there will be three from DC, perhaps more. As we're close enough, I don't think we'll need lodging. Just give us a meeting point and time, and we'll come along.

photobum
11-09-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm very interested if it's a weekend gig. Or anytime February 17th to the 28th.
I really wanted to make the Prallsville mill trip but was in Colorado at the time.

Jim Rhoades

JamesG
11-16-2006, 12:17 AM
A planning meeting was held tonight (Robert Triffen met after dinner in my studio) and we have come up with a few activities for the NJ APUG group. Here they are...
27 January 2007 Figure Study Shoot, 9 - 4:30 with models in from 10 to 4:30. Cost - approximately $200-250.00 with a maximum of four APUG photographers and two models.

We have one model who has agreed to participate in our figure study. She normally gets $100.00 an hour, but we have agreed that she will work for $200.00 for the day. I hope there's enough interest in doing this.

Here is a link to her online portfolio:

www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm/ID/163988

Please check her out.

James

JamesG
01-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Any interest in anything??? Gettysburg can still be on if we have more than just two photographers going. I need to know.

TheFlyingCamera
01-06-2007, 11:01 PM
If y'all are bringing a contingent down from NY/NJ/Philly, there's at least three of us from DC who would come up and join you.

JamesG
01-18-2007, 10:29 PM
How does a Saturday afternoon/night to Monday morning with Sunday as a shooting day sound to everyone? The one motel I usually stay at will do 45 for a room then. Maybe the middle weekend - 17-18-19 (Feb.) might work out... Let me know.

James

JamesG
02-01-2007, 01:52 PM
The figure study was cancelled because of a lack of interest.

The Gettysburg trip is still on for Presidents' Day weekend. Two NJ APUGers going so far with a few Mid-Atlantic photographers also interested. Motel room is $45.00 + tax (Quality Inn - Larson's on Rt. 30)

Who wants to go photograph?

James

photobum
02-11-2007, 08:07 PM
James, Is this still on for the 17 to 19th? Should I mention APUG to book a room at $45.?

Jim

JamesG
02-14-2007, 06:28 PM
My thoughts were a Saturday afternoon arrival and photograph all day Sunday and Monday morning/early afternoon. It is suppose to be bitterly cold the weekend, so maybe more than one day will allow us to get a good number of photos. The forecast is for zero degrees or below sometime over the weekend.

Quality Inn - Larson's number is 717-334-3141. Call them directly for the special winter rate.

James

photobum
02-14-2007, 08:13 PM
I'll be there early Saturday afternoon. I have to bail out and head west on Monday morning.

Jim

TheFlyingCamera
02-14-2007, 09:54 PM
James - could you specify a meetup place/time so those of us coming up from DC know where and when to meet you? Perhaps in front of Rob Gibson's Wet-Plate studio, on Sunday, a time of your choosing? or do we aim for an afternoon, and meet for lunch first?

photobum
02-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Flying Camera, You better PM James G. As of Friday morning it looks like it's off due to snow and that the park may be closed.

Jim