PDA

View Full Version : McKeown's catalog available at McGill library

Michel Hardy-Vallée
12-10-2006, 11:57 PM
I thought I'd pass the word around: if you're in Montreal and want to have a look at some stuff in the McKeown, you'll be glad to know that McGill's Humanities and Social Sciences library has a 2001 edition, ref number is TR6.5 P74 2001, and is on the 6th floor of the library. It's a bit dated but there's so much valuable information in it that there's much to learn anway.

Krockmitaine
12-11-2006, 05:39 PM
I thought I'd pass the word around: if you're in Montreal and want to have a look at some stuff in the McKeown, you'll be glad to know that McGill's Humanities and Social Sciences library has a 2001 edition, ref number is TR6.5 P74 2001, and is on the 6th floor of the library. It's a bit dated but there's so much valuable information in it that there's much to learn anway.

The McClelland Library ?
That library is a treasure trove of knowledge waiting to be discovered

Michel Hardy-Vallée
12-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Yep, but it's McLennan, for Hugh McLennan, the author of Two Solitudes. Not to be confounded with McClelland and Stewart, the Toronto publishing house.

The Blackader-Lauterman library of fine arts is another trove because they have all sorts of old folios (Weston, Stieglitz, etc), technical books (Tissandier's, Berenice Abbott's Guide to better photo, AA's first book on making photos pre-Zone system, etc), and critical stuff of course.

I have yet to pore over Concordia's and UQAM's photo sections but it might be tasty as well.

Krockmitaine
12-11-2006, 08:37 PM
The secret is out : I'm a bookworm
:D
Don't forget my Alma Mater, the UdeMtl and the Humanities Library (Pavillon Samuel Bronfman). Concordia and UQAM are good prospects.

Bonne chance dans ta chasse.