PDA

View Full Version : Palladium Group Purchase: Winter '06-'07

Pages : 1 [2]

wilsonneal
12-30-2006, 06:55 AM
I am inclined to agree with bobherbst, but like Jeremy, don't want to screw up Tsuyoshi. I think we need to hear from Tsuyoshi as to whether he's gotten a firm price per gram, committed to an order or what. We should also hear what Tsuyoshi thinks about bobherbst's POV. If the difference is only a couple of bucks he may agree as well. I inquired earlier in the thread if this was a B+S purchase because I had been hoping it was, but decided to go along with the group.

Tsuyoshi, do you see the value to the community of bobherbst's idea? How far along are you with another supplier?

Thanks
Neal

buze
12-30-2006, 08:13 AM
As much as I like to support the old timers and old that, giving someone a monopoly is a problem in my book.

I'm fairly new to the scene, but I already noted that SOME paper is a lot more expensive than some other, equivalent paper not prised by photographers... and SOME transparent film too, and that applies to brushes etc as well.

What I'm saying is that diversity - and having several source for material - can never be bad. I do appreciate the fantastic support of the sponsors, but I don't think it's a good idea to stop looking in different places. It's healthier.

bill schwab
12-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Having not committed yet, I think I am going to pull out of this deal for now in that I need to keep the supply coming and it looks as though this is going to turn into another problem. I am hoping that at this early stage it will not screw you up Tsuyoshi.

Perhaps bobherbst should organize another buy for those that wish to remain loyal and need some free FO?

Bill

wilsonneal
01-04-2007, 10:18 AM
What's the latest with this? I am almost out of Pd and need to buy some very soon. Are we going forward? What's the price and estimated delivery?
Thanks
Neal

Shinnya
01-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you update. I am still waiting to hear from one more supplier. As soon as I hear from this place, we should be able to decide which one we should go to.

I also talked to B&S about the purchase. They say they would be willing to work with us. So, their price will be part of the comparison too.

This kind of purchase usually takes time, so if you are in rush you should take advantage of the offer from B&S.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact me. Thanks for your patience.

Warmly,
Tsuyoshi

Shinnya
01-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone,

I finally got the quote I was waiting for. I will collect people's email addresses and send a message to confirm everyone's order. Thank you for your patient.

Warmly,
Tsuyoshi

david b
01-10-2007, 09:50 PM
I too would like to take part in this purchase as I am just getting started. Please be sure to send me the info. thanks.

Brickbird
01-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I finally got the quote I was waiting for. I will collect people's email addresses and send a message to confirm everyone's order. Thank you for your patient.

Warmly,
Tsuyoshi

Tsuyoshi....I would like to participate in the purchase again. Please note that I would be in for 100 grams. Thanks again for your work on this purchase.

Tav Walraven

eggshell
01-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Tsuyoshi,

Just in case you didn't get my pm, I'd like 25g. Please forward info at your convenience. Thanks!

Shinnya
01-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi,

Anyone who wants to join other than who already expressed an interest here, please send me an email directly. PM is not quite convenient for me. Make sure to include how much you would want too.

I will send out the outline of how it works over this weekend. Thanks.

Warmly,
Tsuyoshi

Tri Tran
01-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi Tsuyoshi,
I'm in for 25 Gr. Thanks. TT

Shinnya
01-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone,

I am sending out the instruction via email today. If you do not get the message, that means that I do not have your email address. Or I did not find your message by mistake. Please let me know either way.

Again, please email me directly if you are interested in participating the purchase, so that I know your email addresses. It is much easier to communicate via emails. It is difficult enough for me to match user names and actual names here!

Warmly,
Tsuyoshi

Kevin Sullivan
01-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Hello Everyone,

Kevin Sullivan here from Bostick & Sullivan, just checking in to see what's going on with the group purchase. We hadn't heard from anyone so I figured I'd stop by to see what the current status is.

Anyhow, with the current metal prices, B&S will do $8.95 per gram with a minimum of 500g palladium chloride.

If anyone needs more details, just post your questions in this thread, or send me a PM, etc. Thanks.

Kevin Sullivan
01-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I've gotten several emails the past few days saying that Tsuyoshi's floating a group buy price of $9.10 per gram. If anyone has different information, please correct me. B&S made an offer of $8.95 per gram.

I also talked to B&S about the purchase. They say they would be willing to work with us. So, their price will be part of the comparison too.

What's up? What's the group buy price? Did B&S suddenly become disqualified? I'd appreciate any insights or explanations.

bobherbst
02-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Monday of this week I ordered 25 gms of PD with FeOx at the special APUG pricing offered by Bostick & Sullivan in this and other threads on this site. With the normal cost of the FeOx subtracted, I paid $8.07 per gram for the Pd. I needed both after making over 50 12x20 prints in January. I hope many of you did the same. I know for a fact that Englehard's pricing is higher than that and I feel good about supporting a sponsor of APUG. I put the order on my credit card and it will arrive ealy next week - no waiting, no money orders and the associated additional cost. Now I have material to make another 75 12x20 prints. Good printing everybody.

Bob Herbst

JLP
02-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Just got some of the Pd with the FeOx combo from B&S. Great service and a lot of knowledge from very friendly people.

jan

Tri Tran
02-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi Tsuyoshi
Can you update the shipment ? It almost 5 weeks now. Thanks. TT