PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange: Round 9 - Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Pete H
01-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Today's card was from Brian: The interlocked ironwork and its shadow has a Celtic feel. Thanks!

gr82bart
01-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Seven more cards this week.

A wonderfull coffee toned cyanotype from Timothy - truly dedicated to the cause!
Brian's ironwork shot in RI makes one wonder how many image opportunities we miss on a daily walk
The image of a massive oak from Randy actually reminds me of New Orleans
Monolithic stones from Jake is 'out of this world'
Dan's pic of a bow at harbour is nice
Someone sent a great street scene from Quezon City, Philippines
Finally a nice interpretation from Bastiaan in "Hello, my name is ..."
Simply a great round so far. Keep'em coming.

I just finished all my postcards today and had them mailed too. Hope you all like them. Sent one to Sean too - just because.

Regards, Art.

TimVermont
01-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Seven cards for me as well this week:

Chuck
BW Kate
Brian
James
Daniel
Randy
An anonymous street shot from the Philippines - Eric?

I am enjoying this round greatly.

Best,

Tim

eric
01-28-2007, 09:45 AM
An anonymous street shot from the Philippines - Eric?

As I was putting it in the mailbox, I looked and realized I didn't put my name on it. Doh!

BirgerA
01-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Hello all.

The good news first. I've received cards from a lot of you:
BWKate
Daniel (Simulatordan)
Bastiaan
Tom Kershaw
Brian Jeffery
Pete H
Ingo
Tim Trapp
Rüdiger Stobbe
Jacco de Kraker
PepMiro
Brian Mccarty
Eric Maquilling
Justin Low
Mark Fisher
Mick Fagan
Randy
Mark_S
Jake
Matt King
James Herbst

Thanks a lot again, I really appreciate taking part in the different exchanges.

Then the bad news.
I had originally planned to print today and post tomorrow, but an unfortunate encounter with a patch of ice has left me with my right arm in a sling. It's gonna stay there for at least a week, so no darkroom for a while. Apparently a piece of one of the bones in my elbow has broken off, in addition to some bruised ribs and the scare of falling whilst carrying my little daughter. She's fine, did not hit the ground at all.

So, I'm going to send off my cards, but later than originally planned.

Regards
Birger A.

BirgerA
01-28-2007, 11:39 AM
I forgot to mention Greg (Buster6x6) who created a big smile with his Customers needed.

Regards again
Birger A.

Pete H
01-28-2007, 01:10 PM
I had originally planned to print today and post tomorrow, but an unfortunate encounter with a patch of ice has left me with my right arm in a sling. It's gonna stay there for at least a week, so no darkroom for a while. Apparently a piece of one of the bones in my elbow has broken off, in addition to some bruised ribs and the scare of falling whilst carrying my little daughter. She's fine, did not hit the ground at all.

So, I'm going to send off my cards, but later than originally planned.

Regards
Birger A.

Hi Birger,

I hope you mend quickly! Take your time with the cards - there's no hurry.

Regards

Pete

Kevin Caulfield
01-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Just an update on my cards. I now definitely have several shots to choose from, and I have plenty of postcard paper. I still think I will get the cards printed within the next couple of days and still sent out by the end of the month, just....but, my wife is nine months pregnant and due in a couple of days. So there is a very real possibility that a birth could happen before I get the cards printed. If that happy event does happen, then my cards will still get printed soon, but could be a week or so late. If that does happen, I will keep you informed.

PepMiro
01-29-2007, 05:24 PM
One more card today!

Jake (in a silent way, Callanish 1): You captured a very precise moment with a light giving great details of the grass and stones. Nice composition also with the cloudly sky. What are these stones? are prehistorical dolmen or something like that?

Buster6X6
01-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Jake (in a silent way, Callanish 1): ... What are these stones? Are they prehistorical dolmen or something like that?

I received two more cards today: Jake( BlackDog)Very nice composition and exposure in low light conditions. What I like about it is how the shadow side of the stones is lit, like you used a reflector.:o

And Brian(bmccarhty007) of a lock and the gate nice steely look to the image. And Tri-X speaks for it self. Nicely done.

Thank you both Greg

HowardDvorin
01-30-2007, 03:21 PM
I have just finished my postcards. I will deliver them to the local post office tomorrow morning( Wednesday).

This has been a wonderful experience. I enjoyed the printing and receiving of the cards. It is sheer delight to receive such beautiful photos from photgraphers all over the world.

I hope you like my postcard and thank you for the cards you sent me.

Howard Dvorin

PS I am looking forward to another round

Black Dog
01-30-2007, 05:00 PM
More cards arriving day by day.....
Oak by Reellis 67-lovely subtle lighting and the branches lead the eye into the centre of the frame. Is this in the Everglades?

Pines by Timothy Gordish-nice sculptural quality to these snowy trees and beautifully printed cyanotype.

Ironwork by Brian McCarthy-the ironwork really does have an animate quality:well seen.

Filipino schoolchildren by Eric Maquiling-good use of blocks of darker tone at the top to frame the main subject and nice bit of panning too.

Ruined Mill by Mark_S-the light quality gives the machinery a slightly surreal quality, like some stranded monster.

Busy Bee Ride by Mark Fisher-the reflected landscape in the nose is what really makes this picture for me.

Hello my name is...by Bastiaan-great enigmatic quality .........what could be happening here?

Pep- the Callanish megaliths are about 3-4000 years old IIRC.

Buster 6x6- I didn't use a reflector, but the stones were probably reflecting light off each other as some are quite pale in colour. The staining dev and partial stand development I used probably helped as well.

Kevin Caulfield
01-31-2007, 03:04 AM
Testing, one two.........................

My cards will be printed within about two hours from now. They will be in the mail tomorrow unless anything goes wrong.

I apologise for mailing them one day late, but technically, they will be late only for those in Australia.

The baby is still on the way.

Kevin Caulfield
01-31-2007, 05:40 AM
Postcards are printed...baby is not born yet.
Testing one two..........................................

PepMiro
01-31-2007, 02:25 PM
Three more cards in my box:

Brian McCarthy (Lock and Gate on Cliff Walk): Pearl finish is perfect for this sharp and detailed image. Very good

Eric Maquilling (School children): Interesting street shot. I like the contrast between the sharp image on the subject agains the blurred background. Well done!

Randy (Massive live oak): Really an impressive and eye catching photo. I like it very much

Pete H
01-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Another card today: from Henning (Timeunit), "Super heavy". Fomatone MG in Neutol WA has a lovely warm tone without being overpowering. Very nice!

I must say that I appreciate the effort made by several people to find a change from the Ilford postcard stock. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but the variety is more interesting. Something else to try in the next round ...

HowardDvorin
01-31-2007, 05:14 PM
I received two cards today. One from Brian of a lock and gate and the other a poloroid transfer . That card arrrived in top condition. Unfortunately, the caption label was torn and I don't know who sent it.

My batch of cards were mailed today as promised.

Howard

Tom Kershaw
01-31-2007, 07:14 PM
Received a great card from Henning today. I will put up a more extensive post about the cards soon.

Tom.

Kevin Caulfield
01-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Mine are all in the mail. Again, my sincere apologies for being half a day late. Baby still not born yet.

Kevin Caulfield
01-31-2007, 10:45 PM
By the way, sorry for not writing on the cards this time, but that would have delayed things. I would welcome any discussion on the subject, though.