PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange: Round 9 - Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17

simulatordan
02-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Hello All,

Two more cards arrived over the weekend:

gr82bart : another fine Polaroid transfer. This must be time consumming to do so many. Thanks much appreciated.

Henning/timeunit : Bit different this one, lots of interest and patterns. A fasinating 'found' subject. I like it.

Regards Daniel

Buster6X6
02-05-2007, 12:33 PM
The cards are slowing down but so far best exchange ever.
Today I received card from Art(gr82art) of a fresco from Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris. Wonderful image. Great feel of the watercolor paper and image tells you it is Art(or is it art?);)

Cheers Greg

CPorter
02-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I apologize for not keeping the this forum up to date on the cards I have received---I did at first, then slacked off. I feel somewhat guilty because I am receiving more cards than I agreed to send out, so I thank you all for sending them. They are:

Art's polaroid transfer
Simulatordan's "Along side"
Bastiaan's "Hello my name is"
Brian McCarty's gate detail
Black Dog's "In A Silent Way, Creagan Gorm 1"
Kevin Caulfield's Pretenders concert
Hennings "Saluhallen (2005)"
Howard Dvorin's "Old Barn Door"

Thanks to all--my wife and I are really enjoying these photograhs.

Chuck

gr82bart
02-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Got 4 more postcards this week:

A nice scenic of a market in Goteborg, Sweden by Henning
Howard's old barn door
Justin sent an architectural corner of the Stamford House in Singapore
And you gotta love Kate's hand written postcards of her trip to China
Thanks folks and keep'em coming! Just a few left.

Regards, Art.

gr82bart
02-05-2007, 07:20 PM
gr82bart : another fine Polaroid transfer. This must be time consumming to do so many. Thanks much appreciated.Thanks for the kind words. It's not all that bad actually. Last year I made all my postcards during Superbowl Sunday. My friends thought I was a bit crazy, but I did it through snacks of nachos, wings and beer! It was an interesting diversion for them (an me) in between plays and commercials.

Regards, Art.

BWKate
02-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Received 2 more cards today!!!

timeunit: Beautifully printed study of textures and patterns. Love it!Can't wait to see some images of your freshly snow covered Goteburg! Hope you were able to get out and maybe snap a few photos.

Art- gr82bart: Love your polaroid transfer! Well done and it came perfectly intact. Thanks for your kind comment.

BWKate
02-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Received HowardDvorin: postcard today. Old Barn Door. Nice detail and fine grain texture. Which way is up? I'm afraid it looks better upside down to me? I'll find out when you post the image in the postcard exchange gallery.

MattKing
02-06-2007, 07:52 PM
So far I have received 21 cards - 1 each from the following people:

Ingo, Tim Trapp, Brian (Jeffb), Tom Kershaw, Greg - Buster 6x6, Mark Fisher, Pete H., BWKate, Mick Fagan, Rudiger Stobbe (rst), Daniel (Simulatordan), blackmelas (James), Bastiaan, Mark_S, PepMiro (Josep), BlackDog (Jake), reellis67 (Randy), bmccarthy007 (Brian), timeunit (Henning), HowardDvorin, gr82bart (Art).

I've already commented on the cards from the first 11 people. Here are my comments on the most recently received 10 cards:

blackmelas (James): a wonderfully mysterious photograph of trees in Macedonia

Bastiaan: “Hello my name is...” - more mystery and intrigue, and hand coloured as well

Mark_S: there is nothing like a good shot of some ruins to make one appreciate black and white

PepMiro (Josep): this is great - I didn't know that Andorra had totem poles!:D

BlackDog (Jake): "In a Silent Way, Callanish 1" - a great image of a dark and foreboding site

reellis67 (Randy): "Washington Oaks State Gardens" - a wonderful textured image of an older tree - it feels very warm and humid to me

bmccarthy007 (Brian): ironwork detail with a very interesting shadow

timeunit (Henning): "Super Heavy" - intriguing industrial scene, with wonderful tone in the shadowed background

HowardDvorin: "Old Barn Door" - I like the textures here

gr82bart (Art): A Polaroid transfer - I've never had a Polaroid transfer before - its great

Thanks everyone, they are all very special.

By the way, Randy:

1) thanks for all your work, and your print as well; and
2) I printed and sent 24 cards. Am I correct in assuming that 24 people have my name on their list to send cards to? (Just want to know when to stop checking the mail with great anticipation and excitement)

Matt

TimVermont
02-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Four more great cards arrived:
Bastiaan, BlackDog (Jake), Howard Dvorin, gr82bart(Art).

If anyone has not received a card from me, please let me know and I will post a replacement.

Tim

eric
02-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Got a nice one the other day from Henning? Titled "Saluhallen" from Sweden. Really nice print. Kinda like my style too, smaller than paper, filed out neg holder, my favorite focal length (21mm on a Rangefinder). Very nice print. Thanks!

bmccarthy007
02-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Since my last post, I have received great cards from Bastiaan (was surprised to learn that it wasn't staged!), Art (very nice - this transfer made it through the mail in much better shape than the last one, which got a little wet), Kevin (Rock on Chrissy! I've been meaning to try some Delta 3200 - this cinches it!), Howard (great texture), Justin (very nice composition), Jake (nice image of a very rugged place), & Henning (great scene - so many stories there).

I appreciate the feedback on my cards.

Brian

PepMiro
02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
New great postcards have arrived to my box:

Art (frescos at Notre Dame): It's the first transfer I see with so good quality. I like also the texture of Arches paper.

Henning (Super Heavy): Nice and original photo. This Foma paper is very adequate to the image.

Howard (Old barn door): I'm impressed for the fine datail and the tonallity. Very nice.

Kevin (Pretenders): Very good and interesting shot. The combination of Delta 3200 and FX-39 has worked really very very well.

Mark Fisher
02-07-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm not one to comment on each postcard I get, but I do have to say that this group is by far the best exchange I've been in. Thanks to all and looking forward to doing it next time.

Mark "Busy Bee" Fisher

BWKate
02-08-2007, 12:23 AM
I want to post my images but not until everyone has got their postcards. I had 31 people on my list. I'm pretty sure that was the full list, maybe?
Did anyone not get their postcard from me?

Pete H
02-08-2007, 03:04 AM
I received Howard's Barn Door yesterday. Lovely textures brought out by the side lighting. Thanks!

kraker
02-08-2007, 05:03 AM
I want to post my images but not until everyone has got their postcards. I had 31 people on my list. I'm pretty sure that was the full list, maybe?
Did anyone not get their postcard from me?

I'm certainly not complaining, as I have received more cards than I sent out, but if you believe you had the full list: I didn't get a card from you (yet). No worries, no worries, just mentioning it since you asked. I'd be more than happy to see the image here.

BWKate
02-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Kraker,

You were on my list and I did send you one. Must not have reached you yet.
I'll give it a bit more time before I send you another one, okay!

gr82bart
02-08-2007, 02:28 PM
I had 31 people on my list. I'm pretty sure that was the full list, maybe?Kate,

You might know this, but those of us that sent the full compliment will not be getting 31 postcards in return. We'll get about 28. Randy will correct me, if I am wrong. Just wanted to ensure that expectations are set accordingly.

Regrds, Art.

kraker
02-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Kraker,

You were on my list and I did send you one. Must not have reached you yet.
I'll give it a bit more time before I send you another one, okay!

Kate,

no problem at all. As I said, I already received more than I expected, so... really, no problem. I'm pretty sure it'll show up soon. :)

BWKate
02-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Art,

I'm not expecting 31 postcards. I already knew that not everyone was sending out the full list so now worries! What I get is what I get and I'm happy with that. Even before I joined the postcard exchange I would print postcards so it's something I love to do. Just knowing there's a little piece of me somewhere in the big wide world makes me feel good. These exchanges are lots of fun, interesting, and something I look forward to and share with my friends and family.