PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange: Round 9 - Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

BWKate
02-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Kraker,

Let me know if and when you get the postcard I sent you. I will send another one if it doesn't arrive.

MattKing
02-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I am now up to 23 cards. I've already commented on cards from 21 people. Here are my comments on the two most recently received cards:

Kevin Caulfield: a great shot of the Pretenders in concert - the only scary thing is that Chrissie Hynde looks to be unchanged since I saw them 20+ years ago, whereas I know that I certainly don't look unchanged since 20+ years ago....

Bob: a great, blue toned image - almost looks like it was photographed using moonlight (by the way, I assume that "Bob" is "Bob F.")

Thanks, they are very special.

Matt

Bob F.
02-16-2007, 03:33 AM
Bob: a great, blue toned image - almost looks like it was photographed using moonlight (by the way, I assume that "Bob" is "Bob F.")

MattYes, sorry - I keep meaning to put my APUG nick on the labels, and forget every time :( ...

Ah well, as they have reached Canada, I guess I'll put up a scan in a couple of days.

Cheers, Bob.

kraker
02-16-2007, 04:43 AM
Kraker,

Let me know if and when you get the postcard I sent you. I will send another one if it doesn't arrive.

Kate, it still hasn't arrived. I did get a very nice blue-toned picture from Bob (thanks, Bob), but no card from you.

bmccarthy007
02-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Two more yesterday. Bob's wonderful blue-toned image and Donald's very well-executed shot of the zebras. Excellent!

Brian

BWKate
02-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Kraker,

Another one is on the way!

Buster6X6
02-16-2007, 07:44 PM
I taught I have received all the card's coming to me. And then one more came along. What a trill :D .Bob F's wonderfuly blue toned print. First one for me. Very moody image, well composed.

Thank you Bob

BWKate
02-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks BobF: for your wonderfully toned moody image of the neolithic burial chamber on the Wiltshire Downs. Very lovely!

kraker
02-17-2007, 03:09 AM
Kraker,

Thanks, BWKate!

And I can say:

timeUnit,

Tom Kershaw
02-17-2007, 05:48 AM
Bob,

Thanks for the great card, never seen a blue toned print before. Ironically, your card was about the most damaged I received, even though it probably came the shortest distance...

btw) Is it ok for me to type your surname on APUG when referring to you?

Tom.

PepMiro
02-17-2007, 09:01 AM
I've received Bob's postcard today. Very nice stones. Nice composition. I like blue toner very much.

Justin Low
02-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Also received Justin Low's: very dark image of a cathedral at night. Very interesting. Where was that taken?

Hi Kate, thanks for the compliments. It's actually a restored shophouse that was first built early in the last century. It's located in Tanjong Pagar, the area between the Business District and Chinatown in Singapore.

Bob F.
02-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Bob,

Thanks for the great card, never seen a blue toned print before. Ironically, your card was about the most damaged I received, even though it probably came the shortest distance...

btw) Is it ok for me to type your surname on APUG when referring to you?

Tom.That's the Post Office for you: they must have been trying especially hard as the combination of the paper and the full width labels makes for quite a durable combination... Yours needless to say, came though completely unscathed, as indeed did Art's delicate Polaroid transfer (blimey Art, these must take forever to do!).

I wonder if the state that mine arrived in compared to yours and Art's is some kind of organized artistic criticism by postal workers worldwide...

Obviously anyone who has sent a postcard or print has my surname and an address, but like many, I prefer it to not be search-able on the interweb. Just plain paranoia on my part I know, but hey, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean .... <insert theme tune from "The Twightlight Zone" here> ... ;)

Cheers, Bob.

Kevin Caulfield
02-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Kevin Caulfield: a great shot of the Pretenders in concert - the only scary thing is that Chrissie Hynde looks to be unchanged since I saw them 20+ years ago, whereas I know that I certainly don't look unchanged since 20+ years ago....

Matt

Thanks Matt. She sure does, even up close. Same for me. When I first saw them in 1982 I was only 17, and I look a lot older now.

Kevin Caulfield
02-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Because I didn't check my PO box for about two weeks, I received a mother lode the other day, 19 cards. Before those I think I had received about 6. I will try to write some comments on them.

Anupam Basu
02-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all the postcards I have received so far - a few were stunningly beautiful prints. As I had mentioned on another thread, I was without an enlarger for quite a while and finally got a new one recently. It was a diffusion one though, so I had to spend some time coming to grips with it - the whole contrast thing. Things seems to be under control now, so my postcards finally went out today. Apologies for the delay.

-Anupam

gr82bart
02-17-2007, 08:00 PM
blimey Art, these must take forever to do!LOL It's actually quite quick. Since no darkroom is required to make these, watching TV while making these kills a lot of time.

I made about 150 (actually 230 if I included the defects - for another thread - long story) in one week end.

Thanks, Art.

HowardDvorin
02-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Two beautiful newcomers popped up today.
The blue toned scenic by Bob and the grazing zebras from Donald. Thanks guys.

HowardDvorin

Black Dog
02-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Just recieved Bob's atmospheric shot of the West Kennet long barrow-used to live just down the road so this was particularly appreciated.Now onto the next lot!

timeUnit
02-20-2007, 04:03 PM
I've received two more cards from,

kraker (thanks for sending a new one!)
Bob F

Thanks again, to all who have contributed!