PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange: Round 9 - Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17

simulatordan
02-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Hello All

Four more 'cards arrived over the last week.

Kevin Caulfield the pretenders. nice candid shot

HowardDvorin Old Barn Door. This is a great shot with lots of detail and textures. Delta 100 is one of my favorite films.

Brian McCarthy Another great photograph, wrought iron and cut granite this time. Lovely work.

Bob F West Kennet Long Barrow. The blue tone certainly adds something to this shot of timeless grandure. I like it a lot.

All of the 'cards in this round have been winners. Thanks everyone.

Regards Daniel

PepMiro
02-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Today, I've received a great postcard: the zebras of Donald. It's superb in all aspects: good contrast, high sharpness and nice composition. I really like it!

Black Dog
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Likewise-it's got a fantastic graphic quality to it, almost in lith territory.

bmccarthy007
02-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Received Anupam's card yesterday. Quite a powerful image and story. Thank you!

Brian

Tom Kershaw
02-25-2007, 06:37 PM
When is round 9 closing; i.e. when I should stop expecting to see cards in the post?

Tom.

reellis67
02-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Most everyone, if not everyone, has sent their cards and it appears that not many have gotten lost in the mail, so I would assume that the cards for this round have either been received, or will arrive in short order. That's not to say that they won't trickle in if the sender was in another country, but I would assume for the most part that this round is just about complete.

I would like to thank everyone again - this round has been very rewarding and I greatly appreciate the amount of effort that you have all put into it. The sign-up for Round 10 will open on the 1st of March, but I will start a separate thread for it, so please don't post in this thread for that round.

I've updated the Postcard Exchange information link, and would greatly appreciate it if anyone has any further suggestions for the exchange (here's the link APUG Postcard Exchange (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/26912-apug-postcard-exchange-introduction-schedules.html)). I've added most, if not all, of the suggestions that I've received from this round and I hope that they will make the exchange even better. Again, thank you to everyone who participated in this round for your hard work and patience.

- Randy

gr82bart
02-26-2007, 10:29 AM
<snip> and would greatly appreciate it if anyone has any further suggestions for the exchange (here's the link APUG Postcard Exchange (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/26912-apug-postcard-exchange-introduction-schedules.html)). <snip>I've made a suggestion that for the next round everyone should send Sean a postcard in appreciation for all his work on APUG. This should be in addition to the allotment for each person (that is if a person signs up for 10, then 11 postcards are sent out - one to Sean).

Regards, Art.

kraker
02-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Kraker,

Another one is on the way!

It's been 10 days. I'll give it some more time, but it seems we've got an unreliable link between us... :(

rst
02-26-2007, 12:32 PM
... (that is if a person signs up for 10, then 11 postcards are sent out - one to Sean).
Hey, that is a good idea. I support it.

Regards
-- Ruediger

reellis67
02-26-2007, 01:34 PM
I've made a suggestion that for the next round everyone should send Sean a postcard in appreciation for all his work on APUG. This should be in addition to the allotment for each person (that is if a person signs up for 10, then 11 postcards are sent out - one to Sean).

Regards, Art.

It's a good idea. I just shot him a PM asking if he is OK with giving out his mailing address and if he is, I'll put it on the list of addresses for Round 10.

- Randy

gr82bart
02-26-2007, 02:53 PM
I just shot him a PM asking if he is OK with giving out his mailing address and if he is, I'll put it on the list of addresses for Round 10.His mailing address is already public - it's in the "Subscribe/Donate" tab.

Regards, Art.

reellis67
02-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks Art - I didn't think to check to see if it was already public or not. I'll put a note in the address list per your suggestion.

- Randy

Buster6X6
02-26-2007, 08:58 PM
I've made a suggestion that for the next round everyone should send Sean a postcard in appreciation for all his work on APUG. This should be in addition to the allotment for each person (that is if a person signs up for 10, then 11 postcards are sent out - one to Sean).

Regards, Art.

Very good idea Art. I am all for it.

Greg

Kevin Caulfield
02-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Another suggestion for round 10. Sorry if this has already been covered, but in previous rounds Nige used to email us a text file which automatically (somehow) merged into an Excel file so that address labels could be easily printed. If this could be done again it would be very helpful, thanks.

Mick Fagan
02-26-2007, 11:51 PM
This round was the best round I have been in, the standard of the prints matched the enthusiam of the participants, high.

I'm looking forward to the next round and will be printing part of my postcards next weekend.

Sending a card to Sean is also a good idea.

I would like to thank Randy for the organising of the whole shebang.

Mick.

Pete H
02-27-2007, 01:43 AM
Just when I had given up on any more cards, Anupam's arrived! The story is very well told, in the image and the text. Thanks!

Also many thanks to Randy for organising this. It's been a lot of fun and I'll be in for the next round. A card to Sean seems like a good idea too.

kraker
02-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Great! Today I received the "back-up" card from BWKate! Thanks for sending another one. Nice one, I was thinking: why does it look so "out-of-the-ordinary"? Then I read that it was IR film, and that explained everything :)

I suppose that marks the end of this round for me. So, let me join the people before me in thanking Randy for organising and all of you for participating. It's been a pleasure. Looking forward to the next round! :)

HowardDvorin
02-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I ,too, want to join in expressing my joy in this, my first postcard exchange.
Thanks to Randy for organizing the exchange. I am getting ready for the next one.
HowardDvorin

BWKate
02-27-2007, 03:32 PM
You are welcome Kraker!

Another thing we used to do for previous rounds was to send a postcard to Simon Galley of Ilford to thank him for making sure that the postcard paper was still in production when there was a time it was going to be no more. Apug postcard exchangers changed Ilford's mind! Or something like that.
Art or someone here probably knows the whole story.

Thanks Randy for your work on the exchange! Did you get the one of a kind postcard I sent you? You never mentioned it so I wasn't sure. If not I can send you another one.

Mick Fagan
02-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Ilford hadn't been manufacturing postcard stock for some time, this was noted by people here who were asking for it.

Along came Simon and joined APUG, pretty soon people were asking him for certain things, among them was postcard stock.

I decided to use one of my (then precious) postcard papers from about 10 years in my refrigerator, and sent it to Simon.

Simon noted to us that this was probably the first postcard stock to be returned to the factory, or words to that effect.

Others around the world started to send Simon a postcard or three. The rest is history and postcard stock is now once again being manufactured.

In a nutshell, that is how it came to be.

Mick.