PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange: Round 9 - Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17

reellis67
02-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Kate,

Yep, I got it just fine, and in good shape too - thanks! I thought the subject was fantastic - you must have been looking in my gallery at some point ;) I would have responded earlier but I'm working two jobs and going to graduate school so I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger right now. It was a great surprise and I appreciate the effort you went through to make a special card for me.

- Randy

reellis67
02-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Mick,

I only found out about the postcard paper right about the time it was re-introduced, so I appreciate you posting the history. It's very rewarding to know that there are still companies out there that actually listen to their customers - I was beginning to think it was a thing of the past.

- Randy

BWKate
02-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Randy,

Thanks for telling me you got your postcard! I just wanted to make sure. I can appreciate how busy you are and even finding time for the exchange! Wow, thanks for your efforts!

Brian Jeffery
02-28-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm up for sending a card to both Sean and Simon, although the latter could probably be delivered by hand as Mobberley is only 12 miles away :)

Brian

Buster6X6
02-28-2007, 12:22 PM
I could not believe when I checked my mail today. I got another card!
Thanks to Anupam Basu I got another card which is more then ever before. What a exchange , I hope the #10 is going to be as much fun as this one was for me. Other then post office sticking a strip of paper on the front blocking half of the picture and the postal rollers gouging the head of the bagging lady, this image it is wonderful. Thanks again Anupam well done.

Cheers Greg

PepMiro
02-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Another postcard today from Anupam. What a sad history and what a great photo! Congratulations

reellis67
02-28-2007, 02:44 PM
FYI, I'll be posting a new thread for the Round 10 Sign-up tomorrow, so keep an eye on the Postcard Exchange forum if you're interested - just be sure to post your request to participate in that thread rather than this one so that I can keep up with the names.

Thanks!

- Randy

Anupam Basu
02-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the kind words from the folks who have received my card. I hope all twenty reach soon. Looks like I was the last one across the line. Sorry about that.

As I said in an earlier post - I didn't have an enlarger for a while and hence the delay.

-Anupam

Black Dog
02-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm up for sending a card to both Sean and Simon, although the latter could probably be delivered by hand as Mobberley is only 12 miles away :)

Brian

No problemo for me too-I've just printed a big pile so plenty extra in case they're needed.

BWKate
03-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Everybody,

Don't forget to post your postcard images in the postcard gallery!

Bob F.
03-01-2007, 04:25 AM
Everybody,

Don't forget to post your postcard images in the postcard gallery!Thanks for the reminder. I had to reinstall my scanner's drivers again (they disappear every couple of months) but I've uploaded my Round 9 card. As before, I have a few spares so if anyone didn't get theirs and wants a replacement, PM me.

Cheers, Bob.

ingobohn
03-01-2007, 05:28 AM
Everybody,

Don't forget to post your postcard images in the postcard gallery!

Uhhh... where do I find this gallery? Forgive me ... my first time. :D

reellis67
03-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Ingo, you can find it here...

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=512

- Randy

Don Grindstaff
03-01-2007, 04:10 PM
When I returned from out of town my wife informed me numerous cards where returned to us stuck together an torn. I resent today the names she wrote down from the outside ones. If you have not recieved a zebra postcard by next friday, PM me and I will make sure you get one. I am sorry for the inconvience. Thank you all for the wonderfull prints.

ingobohn
03-02-2007, 10:58 AM
"You do not have permission to view the images in this category."

:(

reellis67
03-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Ingo,

I think that Sean has gallery viewing shutdown for non-subscribers right now, but if you hang on a bit it looks like he might be opening it up for viewing for anyone unless something has changed since I last read that thread. I'll have to go back and read the latest and get back to you to certain...

- Randy

gr82bart
03-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Since my last post in this thread I have received 3 more postcards:

A very cool blue toned image of neolithic burial chambers from Bob
The Pretenders are captured jamming by Kevin
And finally, Anupam has made a very powerful image of the Kolkata beggar, Fatima.

I think this makes 28 the number of postcards I have received. Another very nice round and I am looking for the next round to start. Next weekend, a bunch of us New Englanders will be making out way to the Cape, so maybe I'll get new 'material' for the postcard exchanges.

Regards, Art.

ingobohn
03-05-2007, 01:39 AM
I received Anupam's card today. Although the card was damaged I was able to read most of the story. Very touchingly.

BWKate
03-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Received Anupam's moving postcard today. Thank you for the story behind the image. Powerful stuff.

I'm sorry I forgot about the gallery being only visible by subscribers.

Buster6X6
03-07-2007, 07:26 PM
I taught we were done but to my surprise one more came in. Thanks toDon Grindstaff I received to nice zebras as maybe final card in this round. Very nice me happy :D

Cheers Greg