PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange: Round 9 - Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]

gr82bart
03-08-2007, 09:28 AM
I taught we were done but to my surprise one more came in. Thanks toDon Grindstaff I received to nice zebras as maybe final card in this round. Very nice me happy :D Same here! Mine arrived yesterday. A really nice surprise.

Regards, Art.

MattKing
03-08-2007, 11:50 AM
I too received Don Grindstaff's zebras, and they are great.

I wonder if you can use them for George's (copake ham) Monthly Shooting assignment too:)

Matt

gr82bart
03-08-2007, 12:00 PM
I wonder if you can use them for George's (copake ham) Monthly Shooting assignment too:) Oh you mean with a camera? When I was in South Africa I had some marvelously spicy Zebra biltong.

Regards, Art (PETA - People for Eating Tasty Animals)

BWKate
03-10-2007, 02:52 AM
Received Kraker's lovely postcard from the Netherlands on Friday March 9th. It's the last one I think I'll be getting and it's a beauty!

kraker
03-10-2007, 02:56 AM
Received Kraker's lovely postcard from the Netherlands on Friday March 9th. It's the last one I think I'll be getting and it's a beauty!

Thanks, Kate. I'm glad you like it! :)

BirgerA
03-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Hello all

My arm has grown back together and I've been in the darkroom again. Postcards will be going out either tomorrow or Wednesday.

regards

Birger A.

kraker
03-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Hej Birger,

Hello all

My arm has grown back together and I've been in the darkroom again. Postcards will be going out either tomorrow or Wednesday.

regards

Birger A.

Yes, received yours yesterday. Wow, what a nice surprise. Nice postcard. Just curious about this 'gadget' you were playing around with, the 3-in-1 tent / background / diffusor; do you have some more information about it?

Thanks!

BirgerA
03-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Hej Birger,

Yes, received yours yesterday. Wow, what a nice surprise. Nice postcard. Just curious about this 'gadget' you were playing around with, the 3-in-1 tent / background / diffusor; do you have some more information about it?

Thanks!

Hello

Glad you liked it. The gadget is a Hama product, called a mini studio: http://www.hama.de/portal/articleId*125872/picType*abb/action*2599?picURL=%2Fbilder%2F00006%2Fabb%2F00006 087abb.jpg

I put in a white cardboard as background, and used a single flashgun outside the box to light it. I just got it, and will do more testing with different lights.

regards

Birger A.

Tom Kershaw
03-21-2007, 05:29 AM
Birger,

Received your card yesterday. It looks like you're getting some good results. Do you have the technical details for the shot?

Tom.

gr82bart
03-21-2007, 07:37 AM
It's like this round just keeps on going! Great.

Regards, Art.

BirgerA
03-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Birger,

Received your card yesterday. It looks like you're getting some good results. Do you have the technical details for the shot?

Tom.

Thanks Tom

The shot was done with a Canon EOS 3 with a 12 mm extension tube and a 28-105 mm Sigma Lens on 105 mm. I used APX 100 and developed in Rodinal 1+25 for 8 mins. The lighting was done with the above mentioned Ministudio from Hama and a Canon EZ-430 Speedlite mounted above and to the side. I believe I had an f-stop of 11 and 1/60 second, but I'm terrible at keeping notes.

Printed on Ilford MGIV RC portfolio glossy (postcard) and developed in Neutol NE 1+7 for 60 seconds.

Far to often I say that I'm not that interested in the technicalities, but then I keep making the same mistakes over and over because I'm sloppy on taking notes in controlled situations like this.

Regards
Birger A.

Buster6X6
03-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks Tom

The shot was done with a Canon EOS 3 with a 12 mm extension tube and a 28-105 mm Sigma Lens on 105 mm. I used APX 100 and developed in Rodinal 1+25 for 8 mins. The lighting was done with the above mentioned Ministudio from Hama and a Canon EZ-430 Speedlite mounted above and to the side. I believe I had an f-stop of 11 and 1/60 second, but I'm terrible at keeping notes.

Printed on Ilford MGIV RC portfolio glossy (postcard) and developed in Neutol NE 1+7 for 60 seconds.

Far to often I say that I'm not that interested in the technicalities, but then I keep making the same mistakes over and over because I'm sloppy on taking notes in controlled situations like this.

Regards
Birger A.
Thanks for your belated card. I hope you are feeling better? I really like the tent you were using to make this image. It gives non directional light which is very nice in certain situations. Very nice ,me like. See you in next round.

Greg :)

BWKate
03-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Received BirgerA: postcard today. It turned out rather nice. It sounds like a great device to work with for small still lifes.
Thanks for the card!

I received 28 postcards out of 31! That was more than I expected. A Big Thank you to everyone for their efforts. Fabulous round!

gr82bart
03-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Well this round just never ends! I just got a postcard from the one armed printer too. :D Thanks BirgerA!

Regards, Art.

PepMiro
03-24-2007, 03:47 PM
What a surprise! I've just received postcard from Birger.
I find it excellent in both aspects: technical and artistic. Congratullations for this great work!

HowardDvorin
03-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Two lovley tulips made their way to the USA. Thanks, BirgerA, for a nice postcard.

HowardDvorin

BWKate
03-25-2007, 02:35 AM
Big Surprise!
I received another postcard from someone in Santa Ana, California. At least it was sent from there judging from the postmark. There was no signature but I'm assumining it's from Eric Maquiling because of the website having the word maquiling in it? It's a beautiful image of school children going to school in the Philippines on the back of a motorcycle with a roof/cover over it. Well done and nicely printed too! Thank you very much.

Pete H
03-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks, Birger, for the tulip postcard, and I'm glad to see that your arm is better!. That lighting is really beautiful. :)

It has just arrived today - presumably it took longer to cross Oslo than it did to get to the US & Canada, judging from other posts. (Today I also received a priority letter posted 11 days ago in Oslo). I'm not impressed by the local post office's efficiency :confused: