PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange: Round 9 - Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

TimVermont
01-10-2007, 08:04 PM
On Tuesday morning received cards from:

Tim Trapp (complete with label over part of image)

Brian Jeffry (I wonder what she is thinking about?)

Chris Pandino (Good use of selective focus)

Hi Tom

Does this means one of my labels from the back somehow migrated to the front via the magic of mail? Or is it something the post office stuck on?

Tom Kershaw
01-11-2007, 05:51 AM
The latter, a white strip with printed orange barcode.

ingobohn
01-11-2007, 06:48 AM
During a coffee break "rst" showed me two other cards (forgive me, but I do not remember the names). One with a fencepole and one with a floating brook (selenium toned).
I am very keen on all the other cards that may come. I enjoy very much this postcard round. :)

Pete H
01-11-2007, 07:23 AM
I received a very nice card from Brian (Jeffeb) yesterday. A thought provoking contrast in scale between the small human and the massive machinery.
I also didn't know that the cards are available in pearl - I much prefer it to the glossy finish I used.

Tom Kershaw
01-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Pete H,

Got your card this morning. Good use of shadows, some of the trees look almost lit up. What month was this taken in?

Pete H
01-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Pete H,

Got your card this morning. Good use of shadows, some of the trees look almost lit up. What month was this taken in?

Thanks Tom. It was shot in November, around 2 o'clock in the afternoon if I remember correctly. These northern latitudes are great for low light :)

BWKate
01-11-2007, 12:10 PM
That's weird, I thought I had the complete list of all postcard exchangers and Chris Pandino is not on my list? Our master list must have gone over 31? No worries, just wondered.

kraker
01-11-2007, 02:27 PM
They just keep coming... :) Received a card from Tom Kershaw today. Nice, close to the subject, a bit of a mystery what you're looking at until you read the story on the back. A bit grey in the highlights, though, to be honest. Thanks!

reellis67
01-11-2007, 06:32 PM
That's weird, I thought I had the complete list of all postcard exchangers and Chris Pandino is not on my list? Our master list must have gone over 31? No worries, just wondered.

Kate,

There is no Chris Pandino in this Round, although he may have been in Round 8...

- Randy

PepMiro
01-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Today, I've received 2 more cards!

Tim:
A simple subject and a powerful image. I like the sharpness and the contrast. Its a pity that the post office put a label on the image and scratched the photo.

Brian:
Really a nice photo! Great detail and great tonalities. The little girl on the right is the detail needed to for contrasting the composition.

ingobohn
01-12-2007, 01:21 AM
@ PepMiro:
Strange... My postcard should have reached you already. Hm...

PepMiro
01-12-2007, 02:12 AM
@ PepMiro:
Strange... My postcard should have reached you already. Hm...

It has! Your card was the first one I received. I put an entry in the forum las day 9th.

Nice arquitectural photo and original contrast between sun and shadow.

I sent your card 3 days ago. I hope it will arrive soon.

rst
01-12-2007, 03:53 AM
I received two more cards yesterday, one from Tom Kershaw with a boat detail and my own card :rolleyes:

Hey Tom, it does not look like an exposure done by accident while sheltering the camera ;)

Regards
-- Ruediger

rst
01-12-2007, 03:57 AM
... There is no Chris Pandino in this Round, No Chris Pandino in this round? Hehe, in the end I get in this round more cards of last round than I actually got in the last round. :)

ciao
-- Ruediger

Tom Kershaw
01-12-2007, 04:52 AM
I received two more cards yesterday, one from Tom Kershaw with a boat detail and my own card :rolleyes:

Hey Tom, it does not look like an exposure done by accident while sheltering the camera ;)

Regards
-- Ruediger

Thanks. Did you send yourself a card?

rst
01-12-2007, 05:10 AM
... Did you send yourself a card?Yes, I thouhgt it will be funny for my wife to find my card in the mailbox - since she is also so curious about the postcard exchange ...

And then I collect all the cards I get including mine to have the complete set and it just is more authentic if I get my own card with a stamp and a bit worn-out into the mailbox ;) Well others might think of it as a mad idea.

Hope my card will hit your mailbox soon, UK should take no longer than two or three days.

ciao
-- Rüdiger

Pete H
01-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Two cards today :) I love the way a good B&W image brings out textures.
Tom's has a spiral in the texture of the paintwork which leads the eye to the cleat, and in Ruediger's the stonework is quite palpable.

Thanks both!

ingobohn
01-12-2007, 08:49 AM
It has! Your card was the first one I received. I put an entry in the forum las day 9th.

Oh - I am sutpid. I forgot the post already... :(

BWKate
01-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Stayed up really late writing out all my postcards (31) in all. They will be in the post today, Yippee!
Rudiger: That's a great idea to send yourself a postcard! LOL

eric
01-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Just got 3 in the past week! You guys are fast. Anyway, I have mine (1/2 of them) printed but I couldn't get to the post office so I just ordered postal stamps on-line. So hopefully, I can start mailing mine by early next week.