PDA

View Full Version : UK Print Exchange Round Four

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Brook Hill
02-19-2007, 03:48 AM
I have got two for the price of one! Thanks Carl for the two prints, one pinhole and the tractor deal. You struck a chord here, me being a farmer's son and my brother who collects old tractors like fanatics collect cameras. Both pictures are a fine piece of photography. What is the make of the van? The fate of your farm is shared by our local farm buildings, all being converted to offices and houses.

Many thanks.
Tony

FrankB
02-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Print sent this lunchtime. It should be with my vict... er, recipient by the middle of the week.

vincedixon
02-21-2007, 01:36 AM
Frank

Had just given up hope of recieving a print and yours lands on my doorstep yesterday. I like it, tricky exposure i'm sure.
Glad to see another C330 user, am trying to get used to my recently aquired 'F' model.

Regards
Vince.

FrankB
02-21-2007, 02:20 AM
Hi Vince,

Sincere apologies for the delay. As you may have seen earlier in the thread, I had one or two minor problems!

The exposure was a bit tricky, especially as it was my first outing with a Pentax Spotmeter V (analogue)! The print was worse requiring flashing, split grading, a quarter-stop burn in the top-right corner and a 3 minute keyhole burn on the central hotspot! :rolleyes: Got there in the end though!

All the best with the C330. On good days mine's called "The Brick". On less good days it's called "The Millstone"...! Makes good pictures though!

Best regards,

Frank

Leon
02-21-2007, 06:16 AM
I have organised the last 2 of the APUG UK print exchanges, and strangely enough have received no print from either. For this reason, and after some considerable thought, I'm throwing in the towel. It is a bit of a kick in the teeth when you take the time and effort to put something like this together and also spend time and money participating in exchanging prints. So I'm out of it :)

Who wants to take up the challenge of Round 5?

Dave Miller
02-21-2007, 12:36 PM
I have organised the last 2 of the APUG UK print exchanges, and strangely enough have received no print from either. For this reason, and after some considerable thought, I'm throwing in the towel. It is a bit of a kick in the teeth when you take the time and effort to put something like this together and also spend time and money participating in exchanging prints. So I'm out of it :)

That's sad.:(

FrankB
02-21-2007, 02:03 PM

:( :mad:

This is a piss poor state of affairs.

If you've PM'd the people in question and they're either unresponsive or uncooperative I'd suggest naming and shaming, or at least making them known to other exchange coordinators so that others don't get stung.

I may have been regularly late for various exchanges but I've never not contributed. I hereby cheerfully volunteer to make good your losses to the tune of two prints. (Not the point, I know, but hopefully it'll help.)

Bob F.
02-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Like Frank, I'm not always the most punctual (mine went out last eve...) but I am amazed that you have not received either print from the last two rounds. FWIW, I'll copy Frank's offer to the tune of the one print that I have ready to go.

Nil carborundum.

Cheers, Bob.

simulatordan
02-21-2007, 05:41 PM

Hello Leon.

I would like to echo BobF and Frank and offer a print. PM me your address ( if your interested ).
I'm away now until Tuesday but it can be in the post next week.

Regards Daniel

Leon
02-22-2007, 01:59 AM
thanks daniel, frank and Bob - that is very kind of all of you. Please dont think I am pbeing ungrateful, but dont worry about sending me your prints, save them for future exchanges. It's not for you to make the situation good. I have now had contact from both the people concerned so have hopefully resolved the situation, one of whom can only offer me a digital print now, so that has been written off. (and I was always told tantrums get you nowhere ;) ).

that still leaves 5 prints outstanding although 3 of these have confirmed as being sent, we have no confirmation of receipt.

FrankB
02-22-2007, 02:14 AM
A well-judged tantrum at the right place and time can be quite constructive... ...however to call the above a 'tantrum' is, I feel, giving yourself airs. A calm statement of the facts followed by politely declining from organising further events lacks the energy, passion and drama required for even a mild paddy.

Frankly, Leon, I'm disappointed.

3/10, must try harder.

;)

Dave Miller
02-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Sorry, but I'm confused again; is that prints, or pints we're talking here?:confused:

FrankB
02-23-2007, 02:21 AM
It'd better be prints!

I (blurrily) recall my first drinking session with Leon. Somewhere near Keswick, it was. The next morning even the tripods couldn't stand up...!

;)

Leon
02-23-2007, 07:55 AM
ahh - but frank, I was fresh faced and bushy tailed, fully enjoying the gentle breeze around Castlerigg. I reckon you must have had a bad pint (or maybe 6 bad pints).

FrankB
02-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Cobblers! You spent most of the morning hanging on for dear life to the standing stones!

You may claim it's some druidic ecomentalist tradition but I reckon it was the ale!

:D

Leon
02-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Ecomentalist that is an excellent word - I'm going to get that on a t-shirt to wear with pride.

now back to business .... today, a gorgeous pt/pd print of an Orchid arrived on my doorstep from my sender. I've pm'd him but publically, thanks kindly.

Brian Jeffery
02-23-2007, 09:37 AM
I've just received a delightful print from Bob. Fabulous tones, great composition and all this on a paper completely new to me; Foma Fomatone Matt. Great Stuff!

Brian

FrankB
02-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Ecomentalist that is an excellent word - I'm going to get that on a t-shirt to wear with pride.

Be sure to put "(c) Jeremy Clarkson"! :D

I've pm'd him but piblically. thanks kindly.

Shouldn't that be "publicly"... as in "in a pub"...?! ;)

Oh all right, it's my first shout in Ross, then!

Leon
02-23-2007, 03:19 PM
That's a Clarkson-ism? well, there is no way I'm going to put a clarksonism on my back. Cant stand him.

You're Buying? - good!

Dave Miller
02-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Can we have that in writing Frank?