PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Shooting Assignment Jan 2007

Pages : 1 [2]

Stew Squires
01-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Just posted the one that I wanted to submit right off. Not an outside pic, but fits all other criteria nicely. I couldn't find where to label camera and film, etc. Mamiya 7II, 50mm lens, Astia 100, negative scan. Shot this at 6:00AM so avoided anyone in the shot. Did have to answer some questions from a security guard as to what the heck I was doing with a camera in there.

Stew

John Bartley
01-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Ok folks,

We've got a few great submissions for the MSA and there's still a month left, so get out there and take some photos and post them with everyone elses eh :) ?

Once you get them, post them here : http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=508

Even if you're not playing along, stop by and have a look. Leave some comments and remember ... it's all for fun :).

And ..... the poor unlucky slob that "wins" (yeah right :)) gets to choose and pick the "winner" for the next round (March and April)

cheers

kraker
02-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Down to the last two weeks... The weekend before last, I took some shots that (hopefully) fit the assignment. Now I have to find time to develop the rolls. I hope I can at least get a negative scan in before the deadline... :rolleyes:

John Bartley
02-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Ok folks, we have a bit les than a week left, so if anyone is holding out, now is the time to liberate that inner photo contest entry geek, join the ranks of those extroverts and/or exhibitionists who like to be exposed in a public place .... or at least who like to exhibit their photo work :)

Bottom line? ...... don't be shy .... post a photo in the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery NOW !!

Sanjay Sen
02-23-2007, 09:26 AM
I finally got myself to shoot one for this MSA, but now my scanner is acting up. :mad:

I'll try scanning again tonight...

Ljusdahl
02-24-2007, 07:49 AM
I'd participate the best I could, though I'm not a subscriber thus cannot access the galleries. Seems like a nice concept though!

John Bartley
02-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I'd participate the best I could, though I'm not a subscriber thus cannot access the galleries. Seems like a nice concept though!

Wellll ..... seeing as I'm such a pushover ..... if you'd like to post your entry in this thread, I'll be happy to consider it a participating entry. Does that help at all?

The more the merrier :)

cheers eh?

John Bartley
03-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Ok folks, the Jan / Feb 2007 MSA has come to an end and we had some great photos from the following :

rcoda
Stew Squires
copake ham
barbara ann
ivansbacon
digiconvert
spark
sensanjay
kraker

While all the photos were well done and met the requirements of the assignment, I have decided that the winner is ....

(insert drum roll here)

..... first of all I have to say that Barbara Ann's rail stop was excellent and gave the winner a real run for the money ... and ...ivansbacon's landscape with train tracks had lovely colours ... but copake ham took the prize with a landscape photo that had lots of parallels, a long view and not one, but two forms of transportation.

Congratulations George!! Please contact me by PM or email to arrange your punishment :)

cheers

Sanjay Sen
03-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Congratulations to George! And lots of thanks to John for egging us on and doing such a wonderful job of managing the MSA!

I am waiting for the next MSA. Hurry up George!:D

kraker
03-01-2007, 02:39 PM
copake ham took the prize with a landscape photo that had lots of parallels, a long view and not one, but two forms of transportation.
Congratulations George!!

Congratulations indeed, George. I must say that this was the one photo I kept coming back to whenever I looked at the monthly shooting gallery. Very nice indeed. :)

copake_ham
03-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Thank you, John, and also to all the other participants. Seeing some of the other entries - I hardly expected mine to be chosen.

I've PM'd John for instructions. I only hope I can do at least half as well as he has - his supportive encouragment to participants made this a fun excercise.

Stew Squires
03-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Congrats as well George. I really do like the textural differences between the two sets of telephone polls. As well, nicely done in B&W.

Stew