PDA

View Full Version : Ilford Film Order, Who's in Charge Here?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Steve_7x
01-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Simon,

Earlier I had asked a question about what the minimum order qty would need to be to ensure that a particular size would be fulfilled. This was directed primarily at 7x11 which did not occur last go around.

I had also asked to see if 4x10 can be added as a sku so that this size could be order etc...

I don't believe, unless I missed it on the thread, that this was answered. I have placed an order for 7x11's... eager to do so for 4x10...

Thanks in advance...

Steve

Simon R Galley
01-10-2007, 03:00 AM
I need to wait until January 22nd before I can give all the required information

Regards

Simon.

Steve_7x
01-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Simon,

I would like to order FP4+ in 4x10... I was told there is no sku or item number in order for me to place an order. Can you help on this? Does my retailer just contact the distributor and make the request without a part number???

Thanks in advance!
Steve

ReallyBigCameras
01-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I need to wait until January 22nd before I can give all the required information

Regards

Simon.

Simon,

Any update? When is the deadline for placing orders? What sizes are available? What dealers are participating?

Kerry

ReallyBigCameras
01-24-2007, 08:29 PM
I hate to seem like a pest, but an update, any udate, on the status of current Ilford ULF special order program would be appreciated.

There was suppoed to be some announcement made on/after the 22nd, but the only thing I can find online is the following on The View Camera Store (http://www.viewcamerastore.com/)web site:

"Please read before ordering!
Ilford makes odd and larger film sizes available twice a year. Place your order with us by January 25, 2006 and we will have the film ready to ship about the end of April. There is no minimum order, but you do need make payment with the order and the order can not be cancelled unless Ilford does not get enough orders to make this size. Your credit card will be charged when we receive your order. Of course, if Ilford doesn't make a run in this size your deposit will be refunded."

Well, tomorrow is the 25th. Is that really the deadline? If so, this round of the Ilford ULF secial order program has been much less publicized than last years. If tomorrow really is the deadline, I think a lot of people are going to miss out this time around for lack of information/knowledge about the program.

BTW, I'm not trying to come across as anti-Ilford here. Quite the opposite. I want this program to succeed, but unless someone gets the word out about it, I'm afraid it won't be nearly as successful as last year's program.

Thanks,
Kerry

colrehogan
01-24-2007, 08:33 PM
I am also anxiously awaiting news so I can place an order.

wfwhitaker
01-24-2007, 08:44 PM
I'll say it again, a little communication goes a long way. And frankly communication has been about as hard to find this time as the Ilford film itself.

Simon, we thought you penciled us in for the 22nd. What's going on?

Oren Grad
01-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Eagerly/anxiously awaiting...

Rob Skeoch
01-25-2007, 05:48 AM
My Ilford rep called me yesterday (Jan. 24) and said basicly they're just getting together a list of participating dealers. They would be supplying the dealers with a price list and a list of size choices but were still working on it.
I think it's just taking longer than they thought.
-Rob

Simon R Galley
01-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Dear All,

Rob is correct, it has taken a little longer than expected, plus we are trying to see if we could expand the options on film sizes, our US people should get back to me today and I will post again this evening before I leave work

Regards

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Sal Santamaura
01-25-2007, 11:13 AM
...Place your order with us by January 25, 2006 and we will have the film ready to ship about the end of April....Well, tomorrow is the 25th. Is that really the deadline?Kerry, that information on The View Camera Store's Web site is from last year's special order period. Fred has posted that he'll soon be able to keep his site more up to date, but that page is 12 months or more old.

Sal Santamaura
01-25-2007, 11:20 AM
...we are trying to see if we could expand the options on film sizes...Simon, on page 3 of your November 2006 Worldwide Product Availability List

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/20061121152361530.pdf

one finds the following wholeplate entry for HP5 Plus

1142158 - HP5+ 6.5x8.5in 25 NONSTOCK WW

but no corresponding entry with item number for FP4 Plus. Since FP4 Plus was made availalble in that size during the last special order period, I hope omitting it from the list was merely an oversight.

Simon R Galley
01-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Dear Sal,

Yes wholeplate FP4+ will be made available, I have to leave the office now, but I should have all the info posted early tomorrow UK time.

Once again apologies for the delay

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

ReallyBigCameras
01-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Kerry, that information on The View Camera Store's Web site is from last year's special order period. Fred has posted that he'll soon be able to keep his site more up to date, but that page is 12 months or more old.

Oops, my mistake. I should have noticed the date was January 25th, 2006. D'oh!

Kerry

ReallyBigCameras
01-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Yes wholeplate FP4+ will be made available, I have to leave the office now, but I should have all the info posted early tomorrow UK time.

Simon,

Sorry to flog a deceased equine, but any chance 4x10 FP4+ will be added this time?

Thanks,
Kerry

juan
01-25-2007, 01:04 PM
And 2 1/4x3 1/4 FP4+?
juan

Steve_7x
01-25-2007, 04:29 PM
I see that Fred/View Camera Store has posted some information... I am, like Kerry, interested in 4x10 in FP4+ Any news?

I am also interested in min order size to ensure that it will be cut. I am running low on 7x11!

Steve