PDA

View Full Version : Frida by Lucienne Bloch

Bill Mitchell
01-04-2007, 05:16 PM
http://www.luciennebloch.com/portfolio1/frida_at_the_barbizon.htm

Curt
01-04-2007, 10:31 PM
I would buy them all if I had the money. I had an industrial accident and can identify with Frida. Having a broken body is a curse, being artistic is a burden.
Thanks for pointing out the site.

MattKing
01-04-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm trying to recall another photograph, where the subject pictured is accompanied by a photograph or painting of themselves. Nothing comes to mind.

The contrast between the two is intriguing.

I also like the fact that the picture on the wall is slightly askew. I wonder if that was intentional.

I wish it was a little bigger on my monitor.

I wish even more that I could have met the subject of the photograph.

Matt

catem
01-05-2007, 05:27 AM
I spent quite a while exploring the site yesterday - thanks for posting it.

It's very interesting to see the painting and the photographic image side by side, Frida looks a little frailer (and younger) in 'real' life. Though still with a very powerful and expressive core.

I like being able to see all the different pictures of her. Probably we would all choose a different one as our favourite. Seeing them all gives a real sense of the person.

Gay Larson
01-07-2007, 07:53 PM
I really enjoyed the site also. I love this portrait, but the crooked picture bothers me, probably because any crooked picture bothers me. I love that she looks so proud and confident. However, I prefer the one with Frida by the window with the plant. In any case thanks for posting.