PDA

View Full Version : Dryplate ferrotypes



Pages : 1 [2]

AsaWhite
06-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Today I tried something a little bit different. To make a stock solution for 1 litre of dryplate ferrotype developer, I used 145g Dektol, 50g Sodium Sulfate Anhydrous, and 30g Ammonium Thiocyanate. Mixing a 1:1 working solution may have been a bit strong. It produced a somewhat overdeveloped image at 90 sec.. Tomorrow I'll try a solution of1 part stock to 2 parts water and see how it goes.

AsaWhite
07-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Way too much Sodium Sulfate in the brew- not sure if it helps out the Dektol w/ Ammonium Thiocyanate- Think I'll drop it altogether and try again. Seems to produce too much fog- even in areas totally unexposed.

jnanian
03-30-2013, 11:31 PM
dead thread but what the heck ///

i am also doing hte rockand tintypes
and the reversal developer has more than just ammonium thiocyanate spent fixer and dektol in it. it also has a buffer to
make the dektol more alkali ... i know of someone in england who just adds ammonium thiocyanate, but his water must be
alkaline ... when i run out of the rockland developer, i will be using a coffee based developer that is heavy on the washing soda ...

kevin klein
09-12-2013, 03:53 PM
I have given up on dry tin emulsions!!! The old Rockland stuff was good.