View Full Version : Calling all Greater Vancouver Area Appuggers...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Eric Rose
02-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Poor John. The saga continues .....

jd callow
02-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Poor John. The saga continues .....

Sorry. My post wasn't meant to be a woe is me thing. I am pleased as hell to be living downtown and I'm sure the apartment will be fine and dandy.

Eric Rose
02-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Sorry. My post wasn't meant to be a woe is me thing. I am pleased as hell to be living downtown and I'm sure the apartment will be fine and dandy.

Just joking old boy. Maybe I'll come out for a visit in the spring. Or you could come to Cowtown. Would be nice to see you again, and meet your lovely sweetie.

02-28-2007, 04:25 PM

That's great that you'll be moving closer to downtown. Broadway and Granville is a great area. It's close to alot of great places like Granville Island and Cornwall St.

See ya Friday and hope the snow doesn't come. Today while I was at the swimming pool and looked outside it was white out conditions and then 20 minutes later it was bright and sunny! It can't decide what to do here on the island.

jd callow
02-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Just joking old boy. Maybe I'll come out for a visit in the spring. Or you could come to Cowtown. Would be nice to see you again, and meet your lovely sweetie.

NP. Your always welcome and I'll be trying to head your way at some point. Need to get settled first. I've been here 6 months and haven't done anything. Helen calls me Johnny no mates.

02-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Hmm, just heard that the highway to Winnipeg is closed due to snow:( . We'll see what the morning brings. Flight to Van doesn't leave until noon, so, maybe....

02-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Hi everyone. I'm feeling rather glum, because I won't be able to make the Friday meeting/shoot/stroll. Employment takes precedence! Hopefully the next gathering will be sooner than later, and regardless of the date/time, I'll be there.

FYI - Friday's looking to be damp again, but much much better tempered @ 9-10 C.

Have fun meeting each other, and be sure to post some pics. ;););)

All the best, Paddy

03-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Made it

Confusion Circle
03-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Broadway & Granville??? I live at 13th & Oak, like 5 blocks away!

03-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Have fun tomorrow. Sadly, the realities of work make it impossible for me to join you.

jd callow
03-03-2007, 06:17 PM
finally back on line. Kate, the banana and i had a good time. It was wet and cold, b ut kate seemed to know at least a bit about all things vancouver and the cloud cover made crossprocessing very easy. as always it was nice toput a face to a name.

03-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I hope you and Helen are getting settled in your new place.
Thanks for taking the time to meet. I had a very enjoyable day trading stories and walking around some familiar stomping grounds. I do appreciate it and you're right putting a face to the name is nice. When I finish my rolls I'll post some pics of you and" the banana" (John from Manitoba).

The Banana : It was a pleasure to finally meet this time around. Can't wait to see your Holga results. Please post when you have something.

Thanks again guys for a enjoyable day!

Confusion Circle
07-12-2007, 04:18 AM
So, err....shall we have another meet?

07-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I'll be in Vancouver August 1, that work?

jd callow
07-12-2007, 06:04 PM
It works for me. Sorry I haven't return your PM or answered this post sooner.

07-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Aug 1 should work for me

07-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey folks! I'm definitely up for a get together. It'll be nice to finally meet some fellow agehuggers.

Confusion Circle
07-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Aug 1st is OK with me as long as it's during the day.

per volquartz
07-13-2007, 12:14 AM
- from August 14 to 19?

Come for all days or just for a couple...

A good crowd is coming from the Vancouver B.C. area - meeting with a good West Coast US crowd!

It will be fun!

Here is some info below.
There is still room so send me an email if you are interested!
Per Volquartz - volquartz@volquartz.com

The Puget Sound Gettogether / Workshop will be here soon!

It will take place in Sequim (just east of Port Angeles in the state of Washington - west of Seattle) from Tuesday August 14 through Saturday August 18.
We will meet in Sequim on Tuesday 9AM for orientation (location, details will be available next week).
Later that day and the following days will be spent shooting, analyzing subject matter for effective image creation, looking at your prints or transparencies, trying equipment (from 35mm range finders to 8x10 view cameras), working with individuals (in group settings) on how to approach a subject matter - landscape, portrait, still life), looking at light as it relates to photography, introduction to platinum printing and other alternate
and historical processes printing from both film and digital negs.
However, the primary goal of this Gettogether / workshop is for everyone to improve their personal vision.
Its all about making photographs the way YOU see and feel the subject matter - not just for you to shoot like someone else who's work you admire!

The workshop is FREE. However, a suggested donation to cover our expenses is $95.00 per person. Students $35.00.

If you want to participate it is important that you email me right away.
Also it will be appreciated if you mail a check for $25.00 to hold your place in this Gettogether / Workshop. This amount will be considered part of your donation to the event and will make it easier for us to plan it.

Please email Per Volquarts ASAP.

Write Puget Sound in the header!

If you have a unique background in something that relates to photography, wilderness survival, knowledge of plant and animal life in the area, please let me know if you would like to make a short presentation about what you know.

Finally we will have two local people helping us with this Gettogether / Workshop. One will function as a guide the other as a coordinator making everything easier!

07-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Good lord! You can't imagine how much I'd love to join in with this workshop. It sounds really interesting, and it's such a beautiful area too. The only problem is that I have a sister who has just arranged to come visit me during this week. It will be her first time to the West Coast. (and I've been here for 20 years!)

If this is an annual event, then it's going into my day timer for next year, without a doubt.