PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Greater Vancouver Area Appuggers...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

jd callow
01-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Good Day All,
It has been 4 months since I've moved to the Vancouver area and I have hardly left the house. After 3 months of web work and month of hidding from the rain and snow I think its time to drag my fat derriere out doors and do some shooting or at a minimum meet some people.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Dave Swinnard
01-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi John

I too would not mind getting out of my cave and meeting some local folks with similar interests - and maybe even shooting something. I didn't move recently, but I've been buried in work (or at least the worries that go along with it) for what feels like too long and am feeling more hermit like than is probably good for a body.

There's always coffee (no shortage), or if you prefer a black liquid cold, Guinness...

picturetaker
01-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Okay - I'm in, if only for coffee at Starbucks.

Paddy
01-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Hello John, and welcome to the We(s)t Coast. I'd be happy to meet with you and/or anyone else for a cuppy-of-caf, some chit-chat, or shooting. I'm out of town until Feb. 3, but please feel free to contact me before then.

Paddy

MattKing
01-23-2007, 02:36 PM
I too am interested. I'm flexible as to location and agenda (although given recent weather, any photographic opportunities may require underwater equipment.
Matt

jd callow
01-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Sorry for the delay guys. I had some things crop up. Lets meet this weekend if possible. I have wheels and bus passes so I'm pretty open to anywhere.

I'm good for coffee or shooting. Maybe we could so something in the afternoon at a café with western exposure and impose our portrait shooting prowess upon each other.

Meanwhile, Matt and David expect to hear from me shortly via other methods as I catch-up on my back log.

Cheers all.

Dave Swinnard
01-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi All

This weekend is "supposed" to be sunniy!! Propose a time, and if I can sneak away from family commitments (which always seem to be unkown to me until the last minute - but that's another story.) I'll be there.

(I have a new toy...)

telkwa
01-26-2007, 11:46 PM
i don't live in vancouver any more, but if you like street photography and have some physical prowess, east hastings has some fabulous opportunities.

jd callow
01-27-2007, 12:38 AM
I have shot hastings at night. It was fun and interesting.

So where and when? Sat and Sunday are open...

MurrayMinchin
01-27-2007, 01:43 AM
i don't live in vancouver any more, but if you like street photography and have some physical prowess, east hastings has some fabulous opportunities.

telkwa!?!!!...as in Telkwa, BC?

You're only 3.5(ish) hours down the road from me in Kitimat, and my sister and brother-in-law live just outside Telkwa.

Welcome aboard APUG :)

Murray

BWKate
01-27-2007, 12:06 PM
John,

I can't make it this weekend because I usually work on the weekends but would a mid week get together be okay in the next month or so? I can take a ferry over for the day and park my car at the terminal on the Vancouver Island side.

Kate

jd callow
01-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Sounds great Kate.

Anyone want to set a time and place for today or tomorrow? My knowledge of the area is slim at best.

Dave Swinnard
01-28-2007, 05:19 PM
oops

Saturday and today have been somewhat hectic - no sneaking out for me. Wasn't even able to get online until almost 3:30... My life seems to work better with a bit more advance notice.

Dave Swinnard
01-28-2007, 05:21 PM
oops (redux)

As per Kate's suggestion... midweek (aka Wed.) would work for me as well - perhaps even better than a weekend (my wife's at work so she won't miss me if I sneak out for some shooting or coffee)

PhotoBob
01-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Hey... what about over here on the island?
Does any one get out here once in awhile?

Curt
01-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Is that Vancouver Washington?

Curt
01-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh, how about Victoria, I could drive to Port Angeles and take the Red Ball Ferry over to Victoria. How about camping or hotels? I have never been out of the city except to the gardens and up to the Fisgard Lighthouse which is fantastic. I took a picture of it on Kodachrome 25 decades ago and it was one of my first published photographs. For a real estate brochure for a California company. As if California doesn't have any light houses!

jd callow
01-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi Guys,
Wednesdays are particularly good for me.

Will tomorrow work and if so when and where? I am open to any suggestions. I think the island might better be left for a subsequent get together.

Cheers,
jdc

Eric Rose
01-30-2007, 03:49 PM
If you guys are lucky you will get a ride in John' truck! Wish I could meet up with you all. Alas tomorrow is my last day at work, so I guess I better show up for at least a bit of it.

jd callow
01-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Eric, have you downsized yourself?