PDA

View Full Version : World Pinhole Photo Day Print Exchange - FAQs and Sign Up Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

gr82bart
04-30-2007, 10:20 PM
OK, so it looks like option 2 it is. Not exactly majority, but good enough as a trend! Here are the groups:

Group 1
Anupam Basu
artdog
astrobeck
b1ltr1te

Group 2
Bastiaan
bdilgard
bshimmin
bsignorelli
crispinuk

Group 3
Doyle Thomas
DWThomas
dylder
Freneticist

Group 4
George Papantoniou
gr82bart
keeds
Kobin
magic823

Group 5
noblebeast
nsurit
Pete H
Ray Heath

Group 6
Rich Ullsmith
Rlibersky
Stever
Tony Egan
Vaughn

Make sure to send a Private Message (PM) to the rest of your group your real name and mailing address. Also, don't forget to post a message here when you have sent your print or when you received a print.

Deadline to get your print out is the end of June (60 days), so get printing!

Regards, Art.

DWThomas
05-01-2007, 11:29 AM
An odd question crossed what's left of my mind -- are we assuming the exchanged print will be the WPPD submission shot -- or could it be different?

I went on a silly trek through miles of northeastern Pennsylvania on Sunday and took a dozen or so shots with the pinhole (as well as others via more conventional gear). Most of the negatives should be easily printable. I haven't quite sorted out where I'm going with them, but based on scans, I see one that appeals to me more as a potential art object while I might prefer some dramatic piece of infrastructure/geographical subject as a WPPD submission to show to the world.

Geeze, maybe I should do some contact sheets or test prints before I strain my brain further.

Getting the first roll onto a stainless reel yesterday morning was the worst such experience I've ever had -- dunno, sometimes stuff happens! Thankfully it came out OK, and the rest went better.

DaveT (decisions, decisions ...) :D

gr82bart
05-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Dave,

I'm sure whatever you post in the gallery, people will like, and whatever you send as part of the exchange, the recipients will like. If they happen to be the same image, awesome.

Regards, Art.

crispinuk
05-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Well, I've squeezed in the time to print off the Minhole and Horsehole negs. I decided to use the Horsehole for the WPPD submission largely because I used the Minhole last year and I'm having dusty neg problems at the moment and the least dusty image was from the Horsehole.
It'll be here: http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery/2007/index.php?id=1014
I imposed a rule on myself that I'd use the WPPD image for the exchange.

This is the first time I've put much effort into using the pinhole panel on my Horseman 980 and I'm quite impressed with the result. I'm definitely going to be playing with it more in the future.

Crispin

gr82bart
05-04-2007, 04:10 AM
Well, I PMed my group yesterday. I too have pics ready to mail, so I'm just waiting for addresses. I'm really looking forward to the prints. So far the ones I have seen look great. I also posted my image, along with other APUGers, in the WPPD gallery at: http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery/2007/index.php?gc=y

Regards, Art.

Kobin
05-08-2007, 04:07 PM
I'd like to make one trip to the PO (it's a half-hour stand-in after work on a good day), and I'd like to beat the postage rate increase coming up on the 14th. I've got the prints, just need one more address.
K.

gr82bart
05-08-2007, 05:13 PM
I'll second K's post. Remember when you send a PM you can send it to up to 5 people at the same time too.

Regards, Art.

Kobin
05-10-2007, 06:33 AM
Got a nice color pinaroid from Art; mounted and matted! Thanks Art.

I'm sending out my prints Fri or Sat to those addresses I have.

I love thses exchanges.

K.

Doyle Thomas
05-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Prints are in route to:
gr82bart
Dwthomas
Freneticist

no word from Dylder

Doyle

DWThomas
05-11-2007, 03:58 PM
A beautiful color shot from Doyle showed up in today's mail. Thank you very much. I finally got my darkroom ventilator fixed last night, so I hope to get images on paper next week.

DaveT

Kobin
05-12-2007, 10:21 AM
I've mailed my prints to the three addresses I was given.

K.

keeds
05-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Received a great polaroid print from Art. Must try some colour polaroid, it looks great. Slight greeny colour cast from the long exposure I presume which just adds to the overall image. It's an intriguing image. Very pleasing. Thanks.

Sheets are dev'd but still not printed yet. New addition to the family taking up all my spare time at the mo.... He's called Buddy and he's an 8 week old mischievious Border Collie. Will get prints done soonest and sent out.

noblebeast
05-16-2007, 01:43 PM
My print should be getting mailed off tomorrow. Until then, here is the cyber version:
http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery/2007/index.php?id=2190

George Papantoniou
05-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Sent three of the prints yesterday to the guys who gave me their adress. I haven't heard from the fourth one...

George Papantoniou
05-21-2007, 05:27 PM
And this afternoon I got two fantastic prints in the mailbox, one from Art and one from Ralph. The first one is a Pola-pinhole (green and quite atmosheric, quite impressive indeed) and the second a print made out of a 8x10 neg (wow !!!) taken in a street that looks much like a prop for a Western starring John Wayne (to me, at least)...

Thank you guys, these are really great pinhole pictures, they make me think that I should get to work to improve my technique...

DWThomas
05-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Ya see -- miracles do happen! :D

Prints are on their way to Freneticist and Doyle Thomas (not a known relative :) ). Still waiting for the third address. I had to improvise a bit on packaging, maybe by next time I'll locate a source of "ideal" padded envelopes.

For previews, I added a scan of one of the prints to the APUG group on the WPPD gallery; it should be here (http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery/2007/index.php?f_action=refresh&id=2380&page=). Or it may be seen at slightly higher resolution through the next link...

Results of the whole WPPD trek, pinhole and otherwise, may be found at my PBase gallery (http://www.pbase.com/dw_thomas/wppd2007). Details of the Bronica SQ-Hole camera appear on this page (http://www.pbase.com/dw_thomas/sqhole).

It was fun -- I might even do it again!

DaveT

Kobin
05-24-2007, 04:33 PM
I have received a HUGE print from George Papantoniou. Classical pinhole, with a fountain and columns and exotic palm. Thanks, George!

K.

Freneticist
05-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Received picture from Doyle Thomas about two weeks ago, and (no excuses) failed to post that I had received. Pic is Pink Rodi Flowers. Doyle included a "section" of the original negative. Doyle provided information on camera, settings, print method. Matted/framed/signed. Fantastic job and pic. Thanks.

Received print from DWThomas today. As I like pics of bridges, and did my photo-essay for one of my photog classes, this was an ideal pic of an historical site. The Tunkhannock Viaduct. David was kind enough to also include information regarding the history detailing the building of the bridge. Too cool!
Oh, and he included info on the camera too....;)

Still have not received addresses from two others in the group.

Both images were mounted. Man, I love it!!
To echo George Papantoniou's words; Definitely need to work on my photog skills

Kobin
05-24-2007, 06:21 PM
To echo George Papantoniou's words; Definitely need to work on my photog skills

Don't be fooled by George's poor-mouthing himself. I've got a sample of what he can do. K.

Doyle Thomas
05-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Received print from DWThomas today(no known relation although my father was born in Lost Creek W VA and I have family in the east). Very nice B/W of a historical bridge fully documented. Thank you muchly.

Still no word from dlyder.

Doyle