PDA

View Full Version : World Pinhole Photo Day Print Exchange - FAQs and Sign Up Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

gr82bart
05-25-2007, 07:43 PM
So, as I mentioned in the Postcard exchange update, I came home to some goodies. I feel like a kid returning from Halooween going through my loot for the evening. :D

First off - George's HUGE print. Holy cow. Very ethereal image of a palatial building and fountain.
Then, there's Kobin's print made on his homemade 8x10 of Hernando, MS. If that car wasn't in the picture, I'd have guessed the image was over 100 years old. Just a nice image with a great write up too.
Finally, thanks so much to Gary Doyle Thomas who sent me a print and isn't in my group - just because! It's a nicely framed image of pink flowers up close. I was always wondering how close one can get with a pinhole camera. This image is going to inspire to give it a try this weekend.Only a couple more prints to get and I am looking forward to them. Thank you George, Kobin and Doyle!

Regards, Art.

George Papantoniou
05-29-2007, 04:27 AM
Thank you Ralph and Art for your kind words.

Ralph, I was not speaking about my Photographer's skills, only my Pinholer's ones. I hadn't made a pinhole picture since 1989 or something... This picture needed a lot of dodging and buring in in order to get it to this (relatively) OK state you can see, for the neg was really bad. I actually had to split-grade print it !!!!

You can see the ones made by my students on the WPPD site (and one more of mine), just choose "Greece" as the country of choice. We're the only ones who took part from around here... My students used paper negs (that we scanned and inverted on Photoshop, in order to work easier and quicker) and I used film.

Almost every single pinhole we manufactured and used was leaking light :rolleyes:

keeds
06-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Group4 you're prints are done. Just finished toning them, will dry and flatten them over the next couple of days and get them posted out by the end of the week. Sorry it has taken so long, another dog in the house really does eat into your time let alone slippers and everything else!!!

Art, already said, love the colour polaroid, great subject and beautiful colours.

George, my what a big print and brilliantly chosen subject, encompasses all pinhole strong points: dof, motion, being in the scene. Great.

Kobin, great picture of your hometown. If the car wasn't there it could have been a century ago.

One question, how much cropping did anyone do? I have a lot of light fall off with my 50mm 5x4 f140 pinhole as you will see when my prints finally get to you. Mind you my sheets were dreadfully underexposed and over developed. Interesting printing...

Details:
50mm f140 5x4 Pinhole
Ilford fp4+
Semi-stand: 1hr - Rodinal 1:100

Ilford MGIV FB Matt, Agfa Neutol
Split toned in Sepia and Selenium

Comments please. Thanks, Andrew

Rlibersky
06-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Sent mine out today. Recieved a number of nice color prints from Stever.

bsignorelli
06-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I recieved a nice print from Bastiaan yesterday.

George Papantoniou
06-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Hi Andrew, thanks for the nice words... mine was not cropped at all, apart for the cropping done by the neg carrier of the beseler... I had to dodge and burn in a lot, though... one side of the neg was slightly fogged. Art coudn't have cropped a Polaroid, could he ?

Kobin
06-06-2007, 05:23 PM
No cropping except for the fixed border on the print easel. I use the easel because it's easier for me to register and secure negative and paper than trying to place them under a sheet of glass. I don't have a print frame.

There are ghost images of two other cars in the print, on the right and left sides. This is a town a few miles down the road. My town can't afford a square. :)

K.

gr82bart
06-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Art coudn't have cropped a Polaroid, could he ?Technically, I could have, but honestly I would have butchered it. :o

Regards, Art.

George Papantoniou
06-08-2007, 04:37 AM
Technically, I could have, but honestly I would have butchered it. :o

Regards, Art.

Indeed, technically you could have used a pair of scissors to crop it ... :confused:

George Papantoniou
06-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Just got a great print on Ilford paper split toned with selenium and sepia by Andrew. Thank you Andrew, it seems that you have a nice time in your darkroom...

I still got no PM from the last member of the group, seems that he/she has given up the idea of participating...

gr82bart
06-14-2007, 03:31 PM
26 people and not a lot of posts about sending or receiving prints. Have people been exchanging/getting prints or not?

Regards, Art.

Vaughn
06-14-2007, 04:16 PM
My attempt failed. How does one screw up a pinhole? Let me count the ways....

I will be sending a substitute image to my group.

Sorry...

Vaughn

Sirius Glass
06-14-2007, 04:16 PM
I have received prints from two of the four others in my group. I am waiting until all come in before I post comments.

Excepting this one, of course.;)

Steve

DWThomas
06-14-2007, 04:42 PM
I have received one of the expected three (and a fine one it was), and sent two of the three from me, the third being handicapped by lack of an address. But as I recall, the target completion date was 30 June, so I tell myself to be patient. :)

DaveT

Doyle Thomas
06-14-2007, 10:44 PM
I have received one of the expected three (and a fine one it was), and sent two of the three from me, the third being handicapped by lack of an address. But as I recall, the target completion date was 30 June, so I tell myself to be patient.

Doyle

George Papantoniou
06-15-2007, 04:32 AM
Mr Thomas would it be possible that you suffer of a multi-personality mental disease ?

And you, mr Thomas, would it be possible that you suffer of a multi-personality mental disease, too ?

DWThomas
06-15-2007, 10:35 AM
As I've often said to myself ....

uh -- nevermind .... :D

DaveT

Doyle Thomas
06-15-2007, 10:42 AM
:) :p

Rlibersky
06-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Stever thanks for th eseries of prints. Wasn't expecting color. Tony was the print made from a paper negative? Or did you find so me film that size. I like the feel of it.

Thanks
Randy

Rich Ullsmith
06-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Does this mean I'm getting prints today? Yee-haa! Got Stever's, thanks for the color. Everybody should have theirs from me except maybe Tony, I don't know how long it takes to get to Wales.