PDA

View Full Version : cant seem to post pictures in gallery

w rollinson
02-22-2007, 01:13 PM
hi i have been posting pictures last week in the gallery and i have come in tonight to post some more and keep getting an error message saying, bad request cant find website i havnt done anything different at all. i have just deleted all my cookies to try and resolve this could you please help ,wayne

John Bragg
02-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Hi Wayne,
I have the same error message everytime I try to post pictures. I have tried a number of things to rectify the problem but to no avail. The error message I get is ERROR 502 BAD GATEWAY. Does this sound familiar ? I would also like to solve the problem. Help anyone please ??

Regards John

w rollinson
02-22-2007, 03:55 PM
thats exactly the same message i have got rid of all temporary files and cookies and its still the same ,at least i know now i havnt done anything at my end thanks for the reply,wayne

John Bragg
02-22-2007, 04:00 PM
I have had this problem since the gallery was upgraded in January. I exchanged email with Sean, and he did try to help but I am still unable to post my pictures. Do you by any chance use AOL ? I do .......

Regards, John.

w rollinson
02-22-2007, 04:22 PM
hi yes i do but its been fine all last week and today i havnt been able to upload i spoke to aol tonight and they told me to email the site , i went through a list of things to try and rectify but it hasnt helped ,i also tried going through internet explorer to cut out aol but thats not working either

Bob F.
02-22-2007, 04:28 PM
If the Gallery is hosted on a different physical computer to the rest of the site, the problem might be there but I don't think it is. Other than that, it sounds like it might be due to a misbehaving transparent proxy. You could try setting an explicit proxy server in your Internet Connection settings and see if that works (your ISP probably has one or more you can use, or you can try a public one but they tend to be very slow). Make sure you do not have the "Auto-detect proxy" or similar option ticked unless you are sure you need it.

Another possible culprit is a firewall (hardware or software) blocking the port the server wants to use to transfer the file. Also, some higher-end firewalls will detect the type of file transfer as a .JPG and block it as a part of company policy.

Good luck, Bob.

jonw
02-26-2007, 10:52 PM
I too have not been able to post pictures in the gallery since last summer. I have tried to it from 3 different computers. Each have Norton protective program or Bulldog. Frustrating....:( Jon

Sean
02-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Hi, could those who were having trouble try again please. I have cleared some data within your gallery temp folders that may get things rolling again. If any of you are using TV web browsers or proprietary AOL browser you will likely have trouble..

John Bragg
02-27-2007, 04:36 AM
Hi Sean, Tried again and first time I thought it was working, except a message came up telling me that the file was too large. Tried again with a smaller file only to be met with the same old ERROR 502...... ???? Do you think installing fire fox would work ?

Regards, John.

Sean
02-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi Sean, Tried again and first time I thought it was working, except a message came up telling me that the file was too large. Tried again with a smaller file only to be met with the same old ERROR 502...... ???? Do you think installing fire fox would work ?

Regards, John.

It sounds like you guys are uploading large files and it's bombing out when trying to resize them. This then leaves a corrupt attempted upload in your gallery folder and everything after that fails. Try keeping your file aroun 600 pixels, 72dpi. I cleared your upload folder again. Also, try using a short filename like photo1.jpg with no underscores etc. See if it works and let me know. Thanks