02-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi, if you wanna re-use some made up gelatin for coating, what temperature should I remelt? Could the gelatin get fogged after sensitisation by melting it in a high temperature? cheers
02-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Gelatin does not fog by heating to any reasonable temperature (30 - 90 degrees C have been used), but if held over 60 deg C for extended periods it loses some of its gelation properties.
Bacteria and mold can form in it if it is held at high temperatures for too long, and will grow in it even chilled to 4 deg C if it does not contain a bacteriostat.