PDA

View Full Version : Only in Canada you say.... Pity

Pages : 1 [2]

Nick Zentena
03-05-2007, 01:16 PM
C'mon guys, admit it. We all watched the French CBC for one reason and one reason alone. If you tuned in long enough and stayed up late enough, you'd have a good chance at seeing a nipple. Those 70's Quebec movies were gold!!

If you stayed up long enough the baby blue movies came on City. :p

Taurus 8
03-05-2007, 07:28 PM

:o:DBig Smile....remembers the old days...

Andrew O'Neill
03-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Those 70's Quebec movies were gold!!

Right!!! I forgot all about those!!

Earl Dunbar
03-10-2007, 11:25 AM
You lot better keep out of the sportsbar in Barbados- it's owned by the Senators. Good Dacquiris though.

Mark
Sounds like a good challenge to me ... go down during the playoffs, watch at the bar while the Leafs eliminate the Sens once again, and have a good time. I'm sure Dave Cale would enjoy with me! :D

Earl Dunbar
03-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I never understood the blind devotion of Leafs fans, I figure they all drank the kool aid
Ah. Well then, you deserve to be a Habs fan. :p

Rob Skeoch
03-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Back to the theme of this thread for a moment..... I've just received the pricing on the new 18mm Zeiss lens at $1324 and the new 21mm F4.5 will be $1161.
You can email me if you would like a quote on a camera and lens combo... and I'll up-size it with a large coke also.

copake_ham
03-23-2007, 11:42 PM
I checked the local supermarket here in Copake, NY area last Saturday and can confirm that Red Rose remains available "south of the border".

Alas, even in this small town market it has now been relegated to "bottom shelf"; far beneath the Twinings and Constant Comment varietals and herbals!

Eric Rose
03-24-2007, 12:30 AM
In Calgary they cheer ABT whenever a Leafs game is on. ABT stands for Anyone But Toronto LOL. Actually we have a lot of Habs fans here in Calgary as well. I cheer for both the Flames and the Habs. Like someone said, at least I have seen BOTH of my teams win the big one in my life time!

Rob Skeoch
03-24-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm working the Leaf game tonight... they're sitting in 11th place and heading the wrong way.... I'm not sure this is the year.
Anyways I'll be watching the Flames from now on and chearing ABC.
Anybody but Calgary.

jd callow
03-24-2007, 01:35 PM

If I remeber correctly it was channel 32 in Detroit. If you had a good reception.

MattKing
03-24-2007, 04:06 PM
I've probably told this story elsewhere here, but...

I was born in Toronto, and my family moved here when I was five. My parents lived all their life in Toronto, except for my father who spent the 2nd World War in British Columbia.

When my father's father retired he, like a lot of veterans from the 1st World War, got a part time job with Maple Leaf Gardens.

He had a number of duties there, but the best one for us was that, at the end of the Leaf games, he was often the one who had the task of holding the penalty box door for the "Three Stars". This meant that once a week, on Saturdays, during the Hockey Season, there was a good chance that we would be eating dinner at the TV tables in the living room, and we might just catch a glimpse of Grandpa on TV, from 3000 miles away.

I am not sure whether most of those who weren't living in Canada during those years can understand what Hockey Night in Canada means to many of us.

My perspective may even be strange for those who live in the east - the Saturday games come on in the evening there.

If nothing else, I hope this might explain why that, except for when the Vancouver Canucks are playing, I tend to be a Leaf fan.

Guess some just like to suffer :).

Matt

Earl Dunbar
03-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Matt: No suffering last night ... great game. Before the game started, I told my wife that Tucker and Sundin needed to step up. Tucker really came through. No points for Sundin, but he played a strong game.

Rob: Good game for you to work!

Rob Skeoch
03-26-2007, 07:09 PM
My son in London said I was on TV. I was standing behind Ron leaning on the boards when CBC did the pregame show. Red coat with a white 300 F2.8