PDA

View Full Version : Only in Canada you say.... Pity

Pages : [1] 2

Rob Skeoch
03-01-2007, 08:43 PM
If you don't remember that old Red Rose tea ad, then you probably never lived in Canada.

If you do live in Canada you might find this interesting.

I'm now able to sell the Zeiss Ikon Rangefinder system in Canada. I have the prices listed on my website.

I have some stock we can play with coming in by this weekend... send me an email if you have any interest.

-Rob

Michel Hardy-Vallée
03-01-2007, 10:01 PM
If you don't remember that old Red Rose tea ad, then you probably never lived in Canada.

... Or you only had French TV available! :p

Krockmitaine
03-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Guilty as charged :)

johnnywalker
03-02-2007, 12:28 AM
I thought it was Tetley Tea.

Rob Skeoch
03-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Actually I living in Sudbury for a few years as a kid.... we had two stations.... CBC French and CBC English... I'm not sure if the French station had the ads or not.... if you watched that station you became a Canadiens fan, while the rest of the world were ... dare I say it out-loud... Leaf fans.

copake_ham
03-02-2007, 11:03 AM
For years I was able to purchase Red Rose tea down here in NYC in just about any supermarket. Used to even have a collection of those little porcelin "charms" they put in the boxes.

Not sure if I can still get it - but only because I haven't looked. My wife has "improved" my tea tastes beyond the orange pekoe blends so nowadays I favor a nice smoky Lapsong Suchang from one of the "specialty" purveyors! ;)

Michel Hardy-Vallée
03-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Actually I living in Sudbury for a few years as a kid.... we had two stations.... CBC French and CBC English... I'm not sure if the French station had the ads or not.... if you watched that station you became a Canadiens fan, while the rest of the world were ... dare I say it out-loud... Leaf fans.

:o If there is one thing tearing this country apart, it must be that!

Taurus 8
03-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Used to even have a collection of those little porcelin "charms" they put in the boxes.

Still do! My dad said "they'll be worth something someday...and they actually are. Saw some in poorer shape than mine at an antique(!) store. I think they wanted $10 each.

Uncle Bill
03-02-2007, 03:46 PM
This is good news Rob and the pricing is competitive too. Cool.

MHV: you can tell the ex montrealers living here in Southern Ontario as they still root for the Habs and needle their Leafs fans buddies.

Bill

Rob Skeoch
03-03-2007, 01:06 PM
As the saying goes you can tell it's spring because the buds are out.

Uncle Bill
03-04-2007, 10:38 AM
That one hurts, I usally tease at least I saw my team (the Habs) win the stanley cup in my lifetime and in the 1970's beating the Soviets in person.

Bill

Nick Zentena
03-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Nah lots of 70s kids routed for the Habs. Some even for the Flyers :rolleyes:

The way to tell Montrealers is they think baseball is a sport. :p

CRhymer
03-04-2007, 11:27 AM

I don't recall whether Bonbino drank Red Rose.

Cheers,
Clarence

Earl Dunbar
03-04-2007, 02:56 PM
I thought it was Tetley Tea.
Nope, definitely Red Rose.

Earl Dunbar
03-04-2007, 02:58 PM
For years I was able to purchase Red Rose tea down here in NYC in just about any supermarket. Used to even have a collection of those little porcelin "charms" they put in the boxes.

Not sure if I can still get it - but only because I haven't looked. My wife has "improved" my tea tastes beyond the orange pekoe blends so nowadays I favor a nice smoky Lapsong Suchang from one of the "specialty" purveyors! ;)
George: The Red Rose blend was downgraded ("New and Improved!") some time ago, so even if you could still purchase it in NYC, it wouldn't be the same.

I'm with you, though on the favourite... Lapsong Suchang is my choice for black/fermented teas. I call it "peat moss tea"; a good Islay malt as a chaser seems appropriate.

Earl

johnnywalker
03-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Nope, definitely Red Rose.

You're right. Tetley was the one with "The Tea that dares to be known by good taste alone" ad, I think when they were introducing it to Canada.

I buy black Oolong tea from my favourite Chinese Store.

Andrew O'Neill
03-04-2007, 08:33 PM
I grew up in Saskatchewan (70's) and most of us cheered for the Habs. One guy down the street was a Leaf's fan. We snow-balled his house regularly. I live in BC now and "Leaf's" is a four-letter word here.
Anyways, what is a Zeiss Ikon Rangefinder system??

Mark Layne
03-05-2007, 06:29 AM
You lot better keep out of the sportsbar in Barbados- it's owned by the Senators. Good Dacquiris though.

Mark

CraigK
03-05-2007, 07:16 AM
we had two stations.... CBC French and CBC English.

C'mon guys, admit it. We all watched the French CBC for one reason and one reason alone. If you tuned in long enough and stayed up late enough, you'd have a good chance at seeing a nipple. Those 70's Quebec movies were gold!!

Uncle Bill
03-05-2007, 11:48 AM
I grew up in Saskatchewan (70's) and most of us cheered for the Habs. One guy down the street was a Leaf's fan. We snow-balled his house regularly. I live in BC now and "Leaf's" is a four-letter word here.
Anyways, what is a Zeiss Ikon Rangefinder system??

I never understood the blind devotion of Leafs fans, I figure they all drank the kool aid.

The Zeiss Ikon Rangefinder system is a 35mm rangefinder camera using the same lensmount as the Leica M mount Cameras (M7, M8, MP etc). It is made for Carl Zeiss by Cosina and the lens system has some really nice pieces of glass. The ZI system is priced between the Voightlander and Leica and to my knowledge Rob of Big Camera Workshops is the only dealer north of the imaginary line.

I know where I am getting my 50 f2 Planar when I am ready to buy.

PS I am partial to loose leaf earl gray from the House of Tea in Toronto.