PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Shooting Assignment March & April 2007

Pages : 1 [2]

John Bartley
04-09-2007, 08:14 AM
OK folks, there's only about three weeks left, so let's get those working horse photos taken and posted here eh? Spark needs at least a little bit of competition !!

cheers

wiggy
04-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Can I use this one? He was using a 3L pony alongside his 12L main tank :D

http://uk.geocities.com/ian.wigg@btinternet.com/Picture_31/IMAG005.JPG

Valerie
04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Trail riders on thier way to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.

John Bartley
04-14-2007, 07:07 AM
Thank you for posting Valerie. We now have two entries, so at least George will have to do some judging :p .

cheers

copake_ham
04-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Thank you for posting Valerie. We now have two entries, so at least George will have to do some judging :p .

cheers

I'm hoping for a flurry of last minute entries - pehaps even one from John?

Sanjay Sen
04-15-2007, 12:01 AM
I had a couple of ideas, but so far have not been able to execute them. I am a weekend warrior and the past few weekends have been hell, not to mention the weather....

I am still hoping to get something in before the deadline.:)

Best wishes,
Sanjay

John Bartley
04-15-2007, 05:20 AM
Well, I had a good one planned .... unfortunately you need snow in order for the horses to pull the sap bucket sleigh around the sugar bush ... there's no snow .... I contacted a friend who's a horse person to see if there's any selective logging happening around here .... same deal .... no snow in the spring = mud in the bush = dirty saw logs = hard sawing (tough on mill bands) = no activity until it dries up.

I'm thinkin' but not gettin' any answers ... sorry George ... I may have to find a plastic horse in a shopping mall and get a picture of a kid riding it ...

Thomas Bertilsson
04-20-2007, 02:08 PM
I have something that I'll post later this weekend. Tough assignment. First one I tried.

John Bartley
04-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Just a week left folks. Anyone with a "working horse" photo that they have or can take would be very welcome here in the Monthly Shooting Assignment gallery.

cheers

waynecrider
04-24-2007, 09:00 AM
It was a tough category for me to enter in as it required a lot of travel, gas money, time and some luck beyond the darkroom setup and printing. It really wasn't worth spending the time and money so no entry. I think some of us would appreciate an assignment that could be fulfilled a little easier and be more, so to say, appropriate for all to enter in. I'm not necessarily looking to just walk to the corner to take the picture, but at least having some choices of where I can go to get a picture that is available.

Sanjay Sen
04-24-2007, 07:29 PM
I think this month's topic is a good one, but maybe it's not possible for a lot of the folks to actually get around to shooting something interesting that fits the subject. Consequently we may have very few entries.

I shot a couple of frames last weekend, and am hoping for some more this weekend, weather permitting - hopefully there will be one shot worthy of posting.

MLSullivan
04-27-2007, 01:35 PM
This horse was in a small town called Fly, Tennessee. Harnessed to a buggy and tied to a tree after a long ride.http://photos-747.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v79/211/69/67000446/n67000446_30186747_1382.jpg

MLSullivan
04-27-2007, 01:43 PM
I think I have to clarify my photo. It is actually a few years old, but I don't have a darkroom, so this is the best I have. So it's probably doens't qualify for the monthly assignment, but maybe it will spark a few more people to submit photos.

copake_ham
04-27-2007, 02:35 PM
I think I have to clarify my photo. It is actually a few years old, but I don't have a darkroom, so this is the best I have. So it's probably doens't qualify for the monthly assignment, but maybe it will spark a few more people to submit photos.

Nice photo. MSA rules are only carved in silicon and are rather flexible too. ;)

Please remember folks, time is running out! But there's a weekend to go yet. So saddle up and round up some oater pics! :D

John Bartley
04-30-2007, 05:35 AM
Today is the last day for entries, so those who are holding off until the last minute .... this is it!! Those who have entered, please have your ideas for the next session ready as George is going to be picking the next victim tonight ...

cheers

John Bartley
05-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Ok Folks,

This session of the Monthly Shooting Assignment is over and George has advised me that he has picked the next victim to choose a topic for the next session. He will be announcing the "winner" :) shortly.

Thank you to those who posted in this session and many thanks to George for assuming the burden of choosing the last topic.

Let's look forward to the next one and get out there with those cameras once the topic is posted!!

cheers

Sanjay Sen
05-02-2007, 12:49 AM
I tried, but couldn't make it for this assignment. I am hoping to make the next one.

copake_ham
05-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Ok Folks,

This session of the Monthly Shooting Assignment is over and George has advised me that he has picked the next victim to choose a topic for the next session. He will be announcing the "winner" :) shortly.

Thank you to those who posted in this session and many thanks to George for assuming the burden of choosing the last topic.

Let's look forward to the next one and get out there with those cameras once the topic is posted!!

cheers

Okay folks, here's the big announcement.

The winner is......Sparky - for the racehorse shot.

When I came up with the assignment I guess I though it would be fairly easy. But sadly, horses are less and less part of our modern life. On the last day of the contest, unbeknowst to me (or anyone else) beforehand, the famous Claremont Stables in New York City abruptly closed for good. It was the last riding academy and stables in Manhattan. No more horse riding in Central Park on the once famous Bridle Path. :(

Anyway, I'm gladly passing the MSA baton off to Sparky. I'll go back to being a paricipant in MSA and look forward to the subject he chooses.

Take it away Sparky!