PDA

View Full Version : UK Print Exchange Round 5

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

bwakel
04-14-2007, 05:03 AM
I received a very nice square format print from Brian Jeffery today. Looks like it was worth the effort clearing the litter from the site, Brian. It's a shame that this seems to be necessary at so many photogenic sites these days.

Anyway, it's a great print of a very difficult subject - silver birches in what looks like direct sunlight. Tough metering and printing and both have worked out well.

I wonder if a little more blank foreground would lend a little more balance to the print or whether it's just me being used to 6x7 rather than 6x6.

Anyway, I'd love to the the IR version and as I can't make the spring gathering is there any chance of posting scan?

Thanks very much

Barry

wiseowl
04-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Only a few days to go.

Brian Jeffery
04-15-2007, 04:12 AM
thanks for the comments Barry.

It's funny, I've only recently purchased my C330 with its square format. Before that I've been used to filling the full frame of 35mm. So, I think if I had taken this picture using my SLR I would have almost certainly have flipped the camera on its side, and as a consequence included more foreground. Would this have been a better shot? I don't know. Perhaps I should revisit the shot with my A1 loaded with SFX :) (Any excuse). My main reason for using the full 35mm frame was the drop off in quality experienced when enlarging only a portion of the negative. However, I suspect this is going to be much less of an issue with 6x6; perhaps I should look at sacrificing some of the negative in some shots...

What upset me about the litter was just the shear amount of it and the fact that it was on MY local recreation ground. I'm seriously considering wandering up there with a big black bin liner once in a while in an effort to clear it up a bit.

If you don't mind an RC print I'll pop the same picture taken with an IR filter in the post later this week?

Brian

bwakel
04-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks Brian, I've no problem with RC and would like to see the alternative take.

And good luck with the black bin liner, we often go on a litter-picking walk round our area which is out in the sticks but even here people just throw things from their cars. Bizarre.

I shall watch the post eagerly.

Barry

thanks for the comments Barry.

It's funny, I've only recently purchased my C330 with its square format. Before that I've been used to filling the full frame of 35mm. So, I think if I had taken this picture using my SLR I would have almost certainly have flipped the camera on its side, and as a consequence included more foreground. Would this have been a better shot? I don't know. Perhaps I should revisit the shot with my A1 loaded with SFX :) (Any excuse). My main reason for using the full 35mm frame was the drop off in quality experienced when enlarging only a portion of the negative. However, I suspect this is going to be much less of an issue with 6x6; perhaps I should look at sacrificing some of the negative in some shots...

What upset me about the litter was just the shear amount of it and the fact that it was on MY local recreation ground. I'm seriously considering wandering up there with a big black bin liner once in a while in an effort to clear it up a bit.

If you don't mind an RC print I'll pop the same picture taken with an IR filter in the post later this week?

Brian

Jack Lusted
04-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Received an excellent print from Ian Leake this morning.

wiseowl
04-16-2007, 01:26 PM
To my reckoning there are 7 prints outstanding.

simulatordan
04-16-2007, 05:27 PM
My print is waiting for a stamp and will be in the post tommorow.

Regards Daniel

wiseowl
04-18-2007, 12:27 PM
OK, Times up. Let's try and get the remaining prints sent out ASAP.

Cheers

Martin

Black Dog
04-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Sent mine to Carl Radford 1st class yesterday.

CarlRadford
04-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Print arrived from BlackDog today! Great image - well printed with great detail and tones as well as a stone :) Well pleased!

wiseowl
04-19-2007, 12:07 PM
6 prints to go.

wiseowl
04-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Should I name and shame those who haven't sent a print on time, nor had the decency to offer an excuse or appology?

Bob F.
04-19-2007, 12:33 PM
I seem to have missed the post near the beginning that says the closing date was the 18th. I was assuming it was the end of the month. Whoops. Sorry 'bout that... I'll get mine sorted at the weekend.

Cheers, Bob.

simulatordan
04-19-2007, 05:40 PM
My print has gone the recipient should have it in the morning.

Regards Daniel

Dave Miller
04-20-2007, 01:12 AM
A verbal whipping is certainly in order; in fact several.

vincedixon
04-20-2007, 04:49 AM
I would appreciate any info from the person who has my name to send a print to - such as "The print was posted .......
" The print will be posted on........
or " Sorry I can,t be a....d !!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
Vince

Leon
04-20-2007, 05:26 AM
sorry vince, but I cant be a***d - ONLY JOKING!!!

I was going to hand my print over at the meet up tonight, but as they are not coming now, it'll be in the post next week.

cheers

Leon

mikeg
04-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Sorry about the delay. I too was caught out by the short time, compounded by being away for a week over Easter.

It will be in the post this week, either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Cheers

Mike

Rlibersky
04-22-2007, 05:30 PM
I was contacted by the sender of my print. He had received my old work address and sent it there. He graciously is sending another print. Please don't put to much shame on him, he did send it on time.

It has been over a year since I worked for the last company. They usually throw any mail away assumng it is junk mail.

Randy

wiseowl
04-23-2007, 03:00 PM
I don't have you for round 5, would I be correct in assuming that "MN" is Minnesota, if so then this is the UK exchange. If not, then have you changed your handle?

cheers

Martin

I was contacted by the sender of my print. He had received my old work address and sent it there. He graciously is sending another print. Please don't put to much shame on him, he did send it on time.

It has been over a year since I worked for the last company. They usually throw any mail away assumng it is junk mail.

Randy