PDA

View Full Version : A Thornton Picard and a Saunderson...

steven_e007
03-15-2007, 04:34 AM
Whislt searching my hard disk for pics of the huge century process camera mentioned in the post about bellows, I came across these pictures of a few of my other LF cameras. I thought they may be of interest.

There is a Saunderson whole plate. This is a lovely camera, but the belows are on their last legs. I repaired them with tape, but this wasn't a smart move as the camera doesn't close any more (the bellows are too bulky, now). I could replace the bellows, but then the camera is no longer authentic. I'm still undecided what to do about this...

There is also a Thornton Picard half plate. This is a beautiful and thoroughly usable camera, all original and in perfect working order. I have taken this out into the field and used it succesfully. It is only the fact that it is in such good condition and that I don't want to damage it that I don't use it more.

Thirdly, there is a half plate camera that I built myself around a set of modern red bellows. It isn't going to win any awards for craftmanship but it works well and I don't have to worry about it taking a few 'knocks'. It is pictured with three antique lenses.

Steve

jolefler
03-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Nice stuff, Steve!

Please take a suggestion regarding the storage of these pics....get hard copies soon. I speak from experience as I stored pics of eight older cameras I rebuilt/refinished on my hard drive. When my machine crashed they were lost. I was so proud of them, and now can't even remember them all.

Jo