PDA

View Full Version : Chicago assignment/meeting- Spring,'07

RobLewis
03-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Hello-
If you're interested, I'd like to get a group together a few times a year.

here's my first idea for a shooting assignment, for those that want to play along...
Chicago (or nearby) landmark (a recognizable building, structure, etc)

I'm open to anything, if anyone has different ideas.

I'd like to plan a little meeting around the end of April, beginning of May- maybe a lunch on a saturday, if people can't get to the city easily.

Again- I'm open to ideas.

Cheers-
Bob

Neal
03-16-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm willing. How about if we start with something near our respective homes? Makes it easy and allows folks to get a flavor of each others areas.

Neal Wydra

RobLewis
03-16-2007, 09:48 AM
good idea, Neal- it's a 'neighborhood' city- maybe we can each bring a piece of our respective neighborhoods to the meeting in print form.
(oops- should have taken my camera to the south-side irish parade last weekend!)

Mark Fisher
03-16-2007, 10:43 AM
My weekend schedule is always a bit iffy (as is my evening schedules!) but I'd be interested. Hopefully, I could attend.

Mark

Markauf
03-16-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm up for joining in.
My weekends in early to mid May are booked. Late April is OK, but on Sundays I'm working as a monitor for the photo lab at the Evanston Art Center.
With the days getting longer, perhaps an early evening would work.
Mark

light leak
03-19-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm in. Weekends are usually pretty good for me.

RoBBo
04-07-2007, 11:52 PM
I'd be down, if you can get over the fact that you all are probably old enough to be my father.
Weekends are decent, Sunday evenings are usually best.
I live in the city, and thus, can get there easily, however, am limited by the CTA quite a bit.

Mike A
05-12-2007, 02:57 PM
I like the idea, what exactly does this entail? Are we bringing prints of the assignment we are shooting?

spiralcity
10-14-2007, 04:08 AM
What ever became of this idea?
Have you been able to pull this off?
I would be up for this. I live in the Logan square area which is central Chicago.

organicphoto
01-02-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm in the NW burbs, but wanted anyone here to know they're most welcome to join me and others in a new photography group. Our site is http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Photographers