PDA

View Full Version : Current ILFORD ULF Make 'The Solution'

Pages : 1 [2] 3

eddym
03-21-2007, 07:02 PM
You people are unbelievable! I don't shoot ULF, but damned if this doesn't make me want to try it!
Bless you Simon, and your partners, your employees, their spouses and children, their dogs and cats....
Maybe I could find an 11x14 camera I could afford before next year's order time...?

Rob Skeoch
03-21-2007, 09:37 PM
This is great news... of course I just emailed all of my clients and asked if they would up their orders. Should have read this first.

SchwinnParamount
03-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Dear All,

ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited will manufacture all orders received REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY REACH THE MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITY OR NOT : So if you have an order placed with any of our ULF partners IT WILL BE SUPPLIED.

Damn. I think I'll order a box of 7x17. I don't even have a ULF camera but I'm so carried away with emotion, I might just buy a bunch. Way to go Ilford! You guys rock.

bdial
03-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Simon;
Ilford's commitment to the community is astounding, especially in this era of profits first, customer service last. Though my biggest camera is a mere 4x5, Ilford products have just become my first choice. Thank you!

Barry Dial

david b
03-21-2007, 11:21 PM
This is exactly why all of my money goes to Ilford.

PHOTOTONE
03-22-2007, 12:31 AM
You people are unbelievable! I don't shoot ULF, but damned if this doesn't make me want to try it!
Bless you Simon, and your partners, your employees, their spouses and children, their dogs and cats....
Maybe I could find an 11x14 camera I could afford before next year's order time...?

Were you aware that at least in HP5+ 11x14 is a stock item? No special order needed.

kraker
03-22-2007, 03:54 AM
Just a note from another non-ULF shooter: Well done, Ilford/HARMAN. This more than shows the true commitment of Ilford! Great! I'll continue supporting Ilford by buying your 35mm and 120 format films, paper and (some) chemicals. You guys and girls rock!:cool:

doughowk
03-22-2007, 06:17 AM
Simon, after reading your post, I felt compelled to place an order for your 7X17 film. I'll be doing the same for my other formats. Such a noble commitment to the film & especially ULF community deserves a reciprocal response. Cheers & Thanks!!

eddym
03-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Were you aware that at least in HP5+ 11x14 is a stock item? No special order needed.
No, I wasn't, thanks!
Now if I could just pick up a camera, lens, and holders for a song... :)
Seriously, I'm going to start looking.

Simon R Galley
03-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Dear All,

Thanks for all the positive feedback......it certainly makes it all worthwhile.

Kind Regards

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Krockmitaine
03-22-2007, 09:14 AM
I will add my voice to the chorus and say a big Thank You Simon!

Although I don't have a ULF, I do have a 4x5 and a box of FP4. Once my reserve of 120 and 35mm B&W is used, I will switch to Ilford because you offer such outstanding support to the community. I know it's an investment for the future because if (or shall I say when?) I ever go ULF, I will have a supplier of film.

Marc

Colin Graham
03-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Many thanks Simon, you guys are the greatest. You've definitely made a lifetime customer out of me.

gr82bart
03-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Wow! Thanks, and I don't even shoot ULF.

This action by Ilford is a great example of where film and paper manufacturers should go in the future. Small, flexible, robust, boutique manufacturers that are in tune with their customers. It's a great business model.

Regards, Art.

Chazzy
03-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Wow! Thanks, and I don't even shoot ULF.

This action by Ilford is a great example of where film and paper manufacturers should go in the future. Small, flexible, robust, boutique manufacturers that are in tune with their customers. It's a great business model.

With all this flexibility and good will, I'm sure that the return of 220 is just around the corner! :)

Terence
03-26-2007, 03:53 PM
I ordered some 8x20 FP4 during the current round, back in mid-February. It just showed up (3/26/07). I guess there was still some in stock. As others have stated before me, I'm guessing this may be why the "current" order is smaller than expected. There was still some from the last make that none of us knew about.

I'm thrilled to get the film early, but concerned that it might have jeopardized the current run.

Now I just need to pull some more food out of my freezer . . . who knew photography could make you fatter?

TheFlyingCamera
03-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I just ordered 4 boxes of 6 1/2 x 8 1/2, in part to show my support for this, and in part in an act of faith that Paul Droluk will be able to come through with making the new 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 film holders, and I won't have to wait until the film is well past expiration to get some holders to fit it.

Simon, a big thank you for doing this, and congrats on having the courage to go forward with something as risky a proposition as this. May your courage be rewarded!

Terence
03-26-2007, 04:07 PM
I actually just ordered 3 boxes of 6.5x8.5 today after "winning" a whole plate Ansco with two holders on eBay the other day. This place is baaaaaaaaad for my GAS.

Petzi
03-26-2007, 08:24 PM
If anybody wants to order the Ilford ULF film in Euro-Land, I can sell it. Send me a PM soon. The film will be shipped from Germany.

Simon R Galley
03-27-2007, 03:31 AM
Dear Petzi

Good for you....well done !

Simon.

gr82bart
03-27-2007, 07:48 AM
With all this flexibility and good will, I'm sure that the return of 220 is just around the corner! :)LOL. Yeah, I should have added profitability too. It's the one factor many people often forget about! :p

Regards, Art.