PDA

View Full Version : Alt Exchange Round 5 - August 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

FredW
09-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Arrived home from work to find Art's wonderful cyanotype of the Metropolitan Hotel in the mailbox. I love the feeling of depth in the print, and I really do not find the print color to be a detriment as I always thought I would. I really must give it a try myself.

Fred.

UKJohn
09-24-2007, 03:47 PM
I've been away 'up north' for the past week or so and also have arrived home to find a beautiful cyanotype from Art. I would agree with Fredw, great depth and sparkling highlights all set off in a real nice mount. 5 x 4 contact negs do have a quality of their own. Oh yes, the polaroid of the fresco was an added bonus. Many thanks.

John

philldresser
09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm tempting fate here I know but I am hoping to have a printing session tomorrow night, which means I will hopefully have my prints in the post by the end of the week.

Thanks to all of my group for their patience

Cheers

Phill

philldresser
10-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Diane, Geoff and Heather

I finally managed to get some kallitypes printed for my way overdue exchange submission. They are busy drying now and I will mount them tomorrow and post off on Monday (Post Strike permitting)

Again , thanks to all for your patience, I hope it is worth the wait.

Cheers

Phill

Anke Drewitz
10-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Hi Folks,

OK, I managed to make it to the post office today and my prints are on their way.

Hi Art,

your print finally arrived here last weekend and I want to thank you for this nice print. Sometimes I think there are art loving people at the customs, so they want to have a closer look at the prints and I have to wait for 8-)

Regards, Anke

philldresser
10-10-2007, 10:48 AM
I might be the last one to complete this round but I finally got them posted today :)

I must confess to feeling guilty about the delay as I usually dispatch my prints on or before the submission date, however this round got the better of me.
Question is....do I sign up for the next round?

Cheers

Phill

colrehogan
10-10-2007, 12:48 PM
I might be the last one to complete this round but I finally got them posted today :)

I must confess to feeling guilty about the delay as I usually dispatch my prints on or before the submission date, however this round got the better of me.
Question is....do I sign up for the next round?

Cheers

Phill

Phill,
Yes, you should sign up. It's not whether you got your prints done on time, but you were very conscientious in keeping us informed on what was going on at your end. It's fun to get out and make new work for the exchange, though I don't always have the time do do that.

Diane

Akki14
10-12-2007, 05:58 PM
The Kallitype that Phil has sent is beautiful. I love it :) Well worth the wait!

philldresser
10-13-2007, 05:39 PM
The Kallitype that Phil has sent is beautiful. I love it :) Well worth the wait!
Heather

Glad you like it. Thanks for the kind words.

Phill

colrehogan
10-16-2007, 07:43 AM
I received Phill's lovely print yesterday. Thank you so much!

gwatson
10-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Phill, I'm still waiting with bated breath. I think it's about 2 weeks since I saw a postman around here (they're out on strike for those outside UK). I am just concerned that you thought I'd not bothered to acknowledge receipt (which I think is more insulting than not receiving one at all).

Cheers

Geoff

Akki14
10-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Wow you still don't have post? That's awful.
We bought some stuff off of ebay that was suppose to come slowboat from netherlands and that stuff hasn't showed up.. but that might be down to customs or whatever. Probably can't believe 3 cameras cost 99p.

philldresser
10-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Geoff,

Shows you how bad it is when Diane got hers in Granite City, IL,USA before you. Makes me laugh as the post office has an ad campaign at the moment telling us how much they value us and how proud they are to serve us.

Hopefully it will turn up soon, better still, you might even like it.

Cheers

Phill

gwatson
10-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Hi Phill

After spending 9 days being booted around the postal system, the print is finally in my hands. It is stunning (and well worth the wait). Thanks very much. A very good conclusion to a very good round (first 100% success for me as well :-).

Cheers

Geoff

philldresser
10-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Geoff

Glad you like it :)

Phill