PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 10 Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14

Justin Low
05-23-2007, 09:13 PM
I received one from Singapore. I building reflected in a building. There is basically no information on the card except the postmark.

I think that should be mine. Didn't have the time to write on all the cards. ;)

jstraw
05-23-2007, 09:27 PM

Just a name or something would be good. Nice photograph.

BWKate
05-24-2007, 03:26 AM
Randy,

I received your beautiful postcard today! Eveyone I've shown it to loves it!

Tim Gray
05-24-2007, 09:58 AM

Yeah, I got your card last week.

Buster6X6
05-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Three more cards arrived today.
A "Fishing boat ,Lofoten" From Birger Looks very untouched and wast.Very nicely done.
Justin Low's Building in Singapore .Good tonal values and Looks good borderless.
Randy Ellis " Nature's Face" Sharp, nice and to the point.

Thanks to every one who made the effort.
I am disappointed that Simon and Sean did not receive my card :(

Cheers Greg

BWKate
05-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Finally!!!! I have finished writing on all my postcards and mailed all 42 of them today. Boy does that feel good!

I have received some amazing postcards during this exchange and neglected to mention when I received them. I have received 37 so far and thank you very much for sending them.

kraker
05-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Finally!!!! I have finished writing on all my postcards and mailed all 42 of them today. Boy does that feel good!

Great! I'll be waiting for the mail ;) .

I have received some amazing postcards during this exchange and neglected to mention when I received them.

It's not too late yet :o !

gordrob
05-25-2007, 10:30 AM

I agree - it does feel good to finally get them away. When I got back from the US last week there was a large batch of postcards in the stack of mail waiting for me. looks like the post office got over the addressing error and I think that most of them have reached the right destination. I really enjoyed going through them and they all were really good. Had to fight my way through 5 inches of heavy wet snow yesterday to get to the post office but at least this morning it has almsot all melted.

Regards
Gord

gr82bart
05-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Holy cow! Came back today to a bonanza of stuff in the mail First off are the postcards - 7 of them this time.

Simulatordan used a Pentax ME Super which is one model 'younger' than my very first camera. It brings back some nostalgic memories. And I like the image too.
Bob F's tulip on fibre paper is beauty in simplicity
Seems to be a boat theme here as Birger A sent a boat image - set against Norwegian Fjord background though. Just beautiful
An anonymous postcard of a building in Singapore must be Justin Low's
I really like Kraker's infrared image
Nick's image of the St Basil's cathedral in Moscow is amazing.
A fantastic lith from Blackmelas of a jar full of centipedes was the talk of my GF so farSimply wonderful to return to these postcards. Keep them coming!

Regards, Art.

bmccarthy007
05-28-2007, 08:01 AM
What a round! I have received these wonderful cards:

Bob F's Tulip
Daniel's Leaving Newlyn
Birger's Fishing Boat
Jacco's Swan lake
Nick's St. Basils Cathedral
Samad's Shadow Queens
Mike's The Long Mynd
James' Jar 7207
Rudiger's Double Feature
Ingo's Double Feature
Pete's The Heretic
Mick's Billilla House
Art's Cyanotype
Tim Gordish's Gimore Idaho
Brian C's Floating Bridge
Brian J's Lolka Bolka
Bastiaan's Watching the Show
Hal's Near Osthaven
Josep's Belchite
Tim Gray's Ocean City, MD
Tom's Moons of Suffolk
Matt's Tree Skeleton
Matti's Farm
Henning's Stena Slime
Allen's Castle Great Hall
Scott's Chicago, IL
Lynda's First Snow
Jonathan's Moose Calf
Mark's House of Horrors
Michael's 209 104
Donald's Cat & Rabbit
Ian's Slopes of Snowdon
Mark S's Boat Repair Shack
Randy's Model
Jake's New Leaves
Jim's Orchids
Gary's Bange Shrine

Bravo! I'm always amazed at the range of techniques, emotions, and subjects that show up in my mailbox. Long live snail mail!

Brian

BWKate
05-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Received GordRob's postcard from Calgary! Great shot of a beautiful area!

Thanks!

Black Dog
05-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Castle Great Hall Prague-Allen Friday:worthy of the great JS himself

Stena Slime by Henning-darkly atmospheric image of a moody cityscape.

Berlin by Hal-complements the previous image very well and reminiscent of the work of photographers like Robert Adams.

Ocean City by Tim gray-love the dramatic sky and the way this works together with the shadows and lines in this image.

Pyg track by Stan160-another atmospheric image. The patches of light in the left and distance are especially well caught.

Cat and Rabbit by Donald-Glad to hear it:) and hope they enjoyed themselves!
Nice toning btw.

Ven by Matti-A timeless atmosphere and a lovely print. I'd stock up on the Bromoforte now while you can before it's all gone.

Thanks again for all the lovely cards!

jstraw
05-30-2007, 05:22 PM
I haven't gotten any new cards in a while. *sigh*

BWKate
05-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Michael,
I did send you one !!! Should be arriving soon, I hope!

jstraw
05-30-2007, 11:05 PM
That's great news because I'm going through postcard withdrawals. When does the next exchange start??

Buster6X6
05-30-2007, 11:19 PM
I received two more cards today. This is the BEST post card exchange ever :D .
Beautiful rocky mountain vista by gordrob. I will go and visit in a near future. So beautiful.
BW Kate thank you very much for the compliment on my card. This image you have send is extremely sharp and I do like contrast and composition.Well done. My image was done with double exposure attachment in front of the lens. you set everything up all three cameras and run to be in the position within ten seconds. Flip the screen recock the camera and run again. You just have to remember which camera did you stand at. You probably guessed how I found out ;) .

Thanks again Greg

gordrob
05-31-2007, 02:37 AM
Received GordRob's postcard from Calgary! Great shot of a beautiful area!

Thanks Kate - received your postcard in the mail this morning - another lovely shot - keep up the good work.

Regards
Grod

gr82bart
05-31-2007, 05:48 AM
When does the next exchange start??I'm with you on that question. I've already made my next batch!

Regards, Art.

kraker
05-31-2007, 06:54 AM
You've saved the best for last. Received two beauties, from Randall last week, and from BWKate yesterday. Both very nice photos, thanks, I like 'em a lot!

I haven't kept count, but I think this is almost the end of this round; quite a stack of cards again.

BWKate
05-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Kraker,
I had to save an infrared for you! I loved your infrared shot from this exchange. It's such a little jewel of an image. Your IR images are so sharp and imaginative. Don't forget to enter the Ilford SFX contest. Info is on the Ilford web site. I already entered the HP5 contest which closes today.