PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 10 Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

jstraw
04-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I recieved cards from both Ingo and Rudiger today but I won't let on who's I like better. :p

I really enjoy them both.

A lovely card from Mike Wilde arrived as well.

Thank you all!

BWKate
04-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Received Ruediger's (rst) card yesterday and I laughed so loud my neighbours think I'm weird! Absolutely fantastic! Great idea and looks awesome! Thanks for the kind comments about my previous postcard. Also got Mick Fagan's gorgeous shot of the Billilla House. What council are you on Mick? That sounds interesting.

As far as who is Ingo and who is Ruediger? My guess is that Ingo is the person on the right in the lighter striped shirt and lighter hair while Ruediger is the person with the dark striped shirt and dark framed glasses. Am I right?

Today received Ingo's [B] card and another full scale laugh out loud scenario for my housing complex. How could you do these photos without alot of laughter and hilarity which I am going to assume happened especially when any of your neighbours caught a glimpse. Good show guys, most enjoyable!!!

[B]Kingjon's nice shot of a moose who happened to be strolling down his street made it's way to me today as well as Mark_S's 4X5 shot of a boat repair facility that is no longer there. Well done and thanks!
Mark_S's image reminds me of the importance of shooting anything you see now in case tomorrow it's gone. I guess just carry your camera with you all the time or just more often.

PepMiro
04-17-2007, 06:44 PM
I've received the cards from Ingo and Ruediger. What a great and original idea! and they look terrific. Congratullations for your great work!

Buster6X6
04-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Cards are trickling in. Mark_S send a card of derelict boat repair facility. As BW Kate said I am always on a look out for areas where developing might be happening. For two years I have been driving along a road and always said I will take picture of that old barn. Well one weekend I decided to go and take some pictures. Two days later coming home from work the farmer had bulldozed the buildings that were about 120 years old.Call it lucky.
Mark the image is sharp and represents a building that has been used for many years. What a wonderful memory shot for generations to come.Well done.

Cheers Greg

Pete H
04-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Two cards arrived yesterday: Moose Calf from Kingjon and 209 104 from Michael Newman. Thanks to you both!

reellis67
04-18-2007, 08:30 AM
I've gotten six cards so far, and I won't have time to print my own until Sunday! Great cards from everyone so far though, very nice work. Also, did everyone see the post that Simon started (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/38422-postcards-arrived.html)? He was very appreciative of the cards he found when he got back from vacation.

- Randy

Pete H
04-18-2007, 01:08 PM
The other half of the Ruediger/Ingo duet arrived today - thanks Ruediger! It looks as if you both had a great time and the results are superb. :D

rwyoung
04-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Finally got cards in the mail to names on my list and two extras, one for Simon and one for Sean. If anybody is looking for Sean's address, I used the one found through the Subscribe/Donate tab.

Almost made the mistake of trying to buy stamps yesterday, "tax day" here in the US. Gee, why is the parking lot full... Oh, yeah! (Mine done weeks ago).

Black Dog
04-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Posted all my remaining cards yesterday-looking forward to recieving some soon:):)

Buster6X6
04-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Mick You did it again with Billilla House. What a wonderful shot. I said couple a months ago I am going to use filters and I did not ( I bought in the mean time some large ones 104mm :o ) Next time I will use them.
I think the orange filter did the trick.

Thanks again

Greg

Samad Asad
04-18-2007, 11:01 PM
I received 5 cards over last week and have start making mine. The first lot will probably go out this weekend.

This is my first time participating and I never expected that it would be this fun - to receive postcards in the mailbox (in this time and age.)

Thanks for the cards. :)

Samad

Mick Fagan
04-19-2007, 04:56 AM
Well I finally received my first cards today. Who's Rüdiger, who's Ingo x 2. Great cards, great imagination.

Kate, I think you have it back to front, as to who is whom!

Greg, you are correct, the orange filter with this film and that angle of light, did do the trick. That was the third time I have shot that house with this camera, film and filter. I was happy with the end result.

I will say, if you think the postcard print is quite good, then a carefully printed 12x16" print is stunning, according to my friends who have seen this now mounted and matted print. The really interesting thing about this picture is that it was taken with a very worn Calumet 4x5" early sixties camera and it's original 215mm lens. Took me a while to figure out how to get the best out of it, I only bought the camera last October/November.

You may also think of using a yellow/green filter for some applications.The yellow/green filter works exceptionally well with Fuji Neopan 400 in 35mm size. It doesn't work as well with Tmax100 sheet film, although it does work.

The third card I received was stamped all over with Postage Due in red ink. I get the feeling the postage stamp wasn't expensive enough. Anyway it's a picture of a Moose eating a tree branch behind a snow drift, very interesting, especially as we don't have Moose or anything like it in this country.

Mick.

Pete H
04-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Two riddles arrived today:

Jake (Black Dog) sent a nicely printed and toned picture of some reflections in a building, titled "The Lone and Level Sands 1, Utah Beach". It's a good abstract, and I'm puzzled by the connection to the title ... Well, I'll mull it over.

Then there's Greg's (Buster 6x6) "My brother and me" Again, beautifully printed. Identical twins wearing identical clothes? Or a double exposure? Another puzzle.

Thank you both. This is shaping up to be another great round.

Black Dog
04-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Pete-It's a quote from PB Shelley's poem'Ozymandias', about the remnants of a tyrant's works (Hitler's thousand year Reich in this case). The reflections are of the US 4th infantry division memorial and seating for the 60th anniversary D day celebrations which were due to be held the day after I took this picture.

kraker
04-19-2007, 03:12 PM
I've received quite some cards already, time to catch up and give some comments. First to arrive were the cards of Ruediger and Ingo, and then Ingo and Ruediger again. Together, you came up with a brilliant idea!

Then there's cards from Mick Fagan: nice details, Michael Newman: great structures, although it's a bit of a puzzle what it is ;), Mark_S: why don't I ever encounter such buildings?, BlackDog: subtle tones indeed, KingJon: you caught the action, PeteH: you are tempting me to move into 4x5, what a nice contact print!

Last but not least, Buster6x6 and his.... hm... brother? I wonder... :D Very nice, and you gave me a last-minute idea before heading off to the darkroom to print my cards. I already had an idea which negative I was going to print, but I wasn't sure how to frame or crop it yet. After a few attempts I had another look at your card, Greg, and I made a decision.

So... My cards are all printed. Because I choose to do this 100% analogue (purist! :p ), it is going to take a few days to write them all, but I guess I will send them all between now and 1-2 weeks from now.

Buster6X6
04-19-2007, 09:21 PM
One more card arrived today.Thanks for a very nice abstract and symmetrical image byMichael Newman.It would be nice to find out what camera did you use and what film and developer you have used for both film developing and paper?
Thanks Kraker and Pete Hfor nice comment on my contribution.
Greg

jstraw
04-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm new at this so I promise to be more informative next time around. That's a 90mm Super Angulon on a Zone VI 4x5, using FP4+ and 510-Pyro 1:500 for 50 minutes with 30 seconds initial agitation and four inversions at 12.5, 25 and 37.5 minutes. The paper developer is Zone VI, 1:3 for 2 minutes. The print was made with split grade filtration.

reellis67
04-20-2007, 11:59 AM
I have a correction for the mailing address of Gordon Robinson. Since I don't know who has already mailed a card to Gordon and who has not, please PM or email me if he is on your list and I will give you his proper mailing address.

thanks!

- Randy

Pete H
04-20-2007, 01:22 PM
I have a correction for the mailing address of Gordon Robinson. Since I don't know who has already mailed a card to Gordon and who has not, please PM or email me if he is on your list and I will give you his proper mailing address.

thanks!

- Randy

Has Gordon received those which have been sent already? I sent one, but could send another if it was lost.

cheers
Pete

reellis67
04-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm not certain which cards he has gotten, but I will ask. I *think* I can put the correction here since it will not reveal his entire address - only the street number is incorrect. It *should* read 6123 rather than 123. The street name and the rest of the address are correct.

- Randy