PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 10 Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

gordrob
04-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Has Gordon received those which have been sent already? I sent one, but could send another if it was lost.

cheers
Pete

So far I have received 4 postcards - all really greart cards - from Mick, Mark_S, Rudiger and Buster 6x6. I'll keep you posted as they come in.

Regards
Gord

Black Dog
04-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Double Feature/Ingo and Rudiger-you crazy ass Germans man. Ich liebe die Deutsche richtung der stimmung

Moose Calf by LingJon-lovely subtle tones and vvg for first serious printing attempt.

Billilla House by Mick Fagan-like the contrast between the darker toned foliage and the lighter toned building. The lighting gives the whole image a slightly surreal quality.

Boat Repair by Mark_S-reminds me of those 19th/early 20th century survey photos, with that pale sky and tonality.The windows seem like eyes looking out from the past.

Mick Fagan
04-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Gordon, your neighbours will certainly get an interesting array of personalised cards from around the world, they really are lucky neighbours.

As you have my card, I will not send another.

Mick.

Buster6X6
04-20-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm new at this so I promise to be more informative next time around. That's a 90mm Super Angulon on a Zone VI 4x5, using FP4+ and 510-Pyro 1:500 for 50 minutes with 30 seconds initial agitation and four inversions at 12.5, 25 and 37.5 minutes. The paper developer is Zone VI, 1:3 for 2 minutes. The print was made with split grade filtration.

Thanks Michael With the original in my hand it make it much easier to see how different developers or toners affect the print. It is a learning process. :)

Greg

jstraw
04-20-2007, 11:10 PM
You're welcome, and thanks for the nice picture of you and your ugly brother. ;)

Easy to see that you got all the looks in your family....

Buster6X6
04-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Thanks Michael , is it that obvious ? :o

Greg

gordrob
04-21-2007, 12:53 AM
Gordon, your neighbours will certainly get an interesting array of personalised cards from around the world, they really are lucky neighbours.

As you have my card, I will not send another.

Mick.

Mick - yours was the first to get here - it seems that the mail moves quite quickly between the north & south hemispheres. It is a beautifully printed postcard and I love the contrast.

To the rest of the group - please don't mail a second card - I'll let you know when they come in. The postman should pick up on where the cards are destined as more start to come in. The postal code is correct so that should direct them here as well.

Thanks to everyone for their concern

Gord

gr82bart
04-21-2007, 07:25 PM
OK so this week, I got 8 fantastic postcards. In no particular order:

Black Dog sent a postcard that had a cryptic description
A very nice image of a leaf on a wood board from PeteH unfortunately had two scuff marks made during transit
Greg, you and your brother don't look alike at all! :p
I really like 20 104 from Michael
Mick sent a nice pic of a castle/masion
Rudiger definitely sent a far out postcard - like a story board
Now I really like Mark_S' postcard - I think I will definitely head up there some time
Now the moose calf was AZO like from KingJon

Great images again all around. I sent mine this week, so I hope they all make it to their destinations intact. Sent one to Sean again anyway.

Regards, Art.

Don Grindstaff
04-22-2007, 03:08 AM
Printed, toned, sent.

Note to self and others do not use your hands in berg sepia my fingernails are a very strong brown that will not come off I look like a freak :(.

Mick Fagan
04-22-2007, 03:46 AM
Or a failed bank robber!

Mick.

reellis67
04-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Hey all!

I just got another nice pile of postcards in the mail today - thanks to everyone who has sent theirs so far! There have been a lot of great cards again this round. I also wanted to say that I got a note from someone about Jake's (Black Dog) mailing address being incorrect. His country of residence should read Scotland, so if you have an address that is another country, please let me know.

Thanks!

- Randy

HowardDvorin
04-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi All,
A wonderful batch of postcards are on my desk.

Thanks to Kingjon,Mick Fagans,Mark Fisher,Mark S, Ingo and Rudiger,Michael Newman,Art,Pete and Greg

I thank each and everyone for the cards.

I have finally made a choice for my own card and I will start printing on the next rainy day,

HowardDvorin:)

jstraw
04-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks for great postcards today from Mark Fisher and Black Dog, the former scary, the latter enigmatic.

Buster6X6
04-23-2007, 11:16 PM
One more.Thanks to Black Dog I received a nice abstract image of" Lone and level sands1 Utah Beach" Very nice paper and interesting reflections. I just wish post office would not plaster bar code all over the front of the image :mad:

Cheers Greg

Salmonoid
04-23-2007, 11:18 PM
I've gotten a whole pile of postcards so far. From: Mike Wilde, Rudiger, Ingo, Mick, Michael, PeteH, Mark, Robert, and Jake. Great work everybody! This more fun than I thought it would be.

I've got 16 cyanotypes printed so far. After seeing that 5x7 postcard arriving, I decided to send 5x7's this time. I toned a couple but wasn't happy with the results. When toning with coffee, you need to keep the pictures imersed for over 30 minutes. Not an easy task if you don't have the time. Most of you will be getting the raw cyanotype. If you prefer it toned then my postcards are interactive! Fill a tray with tea or coffee and simply soak (keeping it imersed!) until the desired tone appears. 15-45 minutes. You will all be getting one this round.

We expect some sun tomorrow so hope to get a bunch more done.

rst
04-24-2007, 01:33 AM
I have finally made a choice for my own card and I will start printing on the next rainy day,
Oh Howard, lucky you, that you have the decision to print on a rainy day. Here where I live we have not had rain for weeks (or should I say months). And if I look into our backyard I would prefer to print on a rainy day soon.

ciao
-- Ruediger

reellis67
04-24-2007, 09:52 AM
...If you prefer it toned then my postcards are interactive! Fill a tray with tea or coffee and simply soak (keeping it imersed!) until the desired tone appears. 15-45 minutes. You will all be getting one this round...

Great idea you have there. Everyone could tone theirs and we could compare the results. Might be the basis of a new exchange eh?

- R

Black Dog
04-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Rudiger-you asked about Presycycol. Well I've just printed up a whole load of images for the next round shot on ClassicPan 100 and devved in Presycycol, so I'll make sure you get one. IMO this brew is vg with all 3 speeds of Classicpan, especially the 400 which can be on the grainy side (it is Forte 400 after all).
Greg-maddening, isn't it?:(:(

PepMiro
04-24-2007, 01:03 PM
My cards are already sent. They are a photo of the ruins of a city (Belchite) that in the Spanish civil war, in 1937, was intensivelly bombed and most of unhabitants were killed.
After 70 years, ruins remain nearly in the same situation.
I hope you'll like it!

Jim Bradley
04-24-2007, 05:06 PM
I mailed all of mine today...
and to reiterate what has been said already I have been very impressed with the ones I have received already.
JGB