PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 10 Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

gr82bart
04-29-2007, 10:16 AM
And the mystery secret Santa is indeed coriana6jp. He just PMed me and I think his postcard is from Round 8! BTW his name's Gary. Must be a doctor - hehehe ....

Regards, Art.

Pete H
04-29-2007, 12:40 PM
It's great getting home after a week travelling: 4 postcards waiting for me :p

A beautifully sprung IR shot from Jacco de Kraker
The desolate ruins from Pep Miro
Another great face from Mark Fisher
Art's wonderful cyanotype

Thank you all!!

cheers
Pete

Tom Kershaw
04-29-2007, 01:52 PM
I've just finished printing my cards, and they'll hopefully find their way into the postal system in the next few days.

matti
04-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Finally printed all 42 of them. Hope you don't mind that everyone has different weather.
Will go in the mail tomorrow.

/matti

KingJon
04-29-2007, 03:27 PM
After a week or so dry spell, I received 8 cards in the past 3 days! They are all superb. So much in fact, my wife says I need to spend a lot more time in the darkroom practicing for the next round.
Thanks to:
PeteH for his leaf print,
rwyoung the doppler radar,
Mark Fisher and his scary picture,
Blackdog's nice composition of a woodland scene,
Rlibersky for his excellent portrait, has a very 30's feel,
MattKing for his excellent card "can you guess",
jmontero and his palms-the shadows really make it,
gr82bart his fantastic cyanotype, the first I've ever seen other than as a picture in a book- truly stunning.

Jon

coriana6jp
04-29-2007, 05:21 PM
I too got the same card, very nice too -- so thank you to the mystery person.

It can't have been the last round as I skipped that one.

I've just looked back through my records from previous rounds and it looks like it could have been meltronic or coriana6jp. Looking at the signature on the card, I'd say it was coriana6jp. Not sure what round it was from though!

Cheers

Mike

Hi All,

Yeah, the mystery card sender is me. I had printed them out a while ago, and set them aside, thought I had sent them though. About two weeks ago my wife found them in the desk and said "I think you forgot something". So I quickly rushed and got them mailed last week.

Sorry for the delay!

Gary

Buster6X6
04-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks Gary Better late the never ;) Mystery solved !

Greg

blackmelas
04-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Just finished printing mine. I tried lith and it has taken me longer (three printing sessions) to gather a pool of successful prints. I should be able to assemble them and send them by next weekend (perhaps Tuesday on May Day but no promises). Sorry for the delay. All the cards that I've received this round have been great.
James

reellis67
04-30-2007, 07:26 AM
I've got half of mine printed and addressed so far. The other half should get done and mailed by next weekend. I tried bleaching and toning this time and MAN does it take time! Thanks to all who have sent cards already - they have all be fantastic. Even my wife looks forward to them now, and I can barely get her to look at my own work :P

- Randy

HowardDvorin
04-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Well, I am running late. I will need another week to ten days. Unlike Randy, I don't have a wife and I still can't get anyone to look at my work.

Howard

Tim Gray
04-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Just mailed mine out today. Thanks for all the great cards from everyone and really looking forward to the next 25!

Lynda
04-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Just sent mine off, the cards that I have recieved so far have been wonderful, leaving me a little anxious about mine meeting the standard! This is tons of fun, even my husband likes them.
Lynda

kraker
04-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Well, I am running late.

So am I... I've mailed roughly half of the cards, but I still need to write the other half. Surely it will happen within the coming week...

Salmonoid
04-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Finished my last 13 cyanotype sun prints this morning, and got all 41 in the mail just under the wire. I sure learned where my process inadequacies are. I tried 5x7 prints this time, and learned when I got the post office that they cost a bit more to mail. Hope you enjoy them. BTW I didn't scan them before sending them so if someone would like to add theirs to the gallery I would appreciate it.

Buster6X6
04-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I could not believe today when I opened my mail box I got SIX !! cards.
1.) A hart worming sepia toned little cat and a bunny from Donald W. You can tell they are having fun.
2.) "Swan Lake" from Kraker I have not used the SFX-200 film but it looks great.Last month I bought some IR film so as soon as leaves come I am going to try it.
3.) Pete H This image looks great especially how leaf embraces wood knot on the table.
4.) Valentine's Day Orchids" fromJim Bradley I assume it is only a portion of the image but is very sharp and tonal values are right on. Nice.
5.)Randy Libersky's She must be into wood working?Or grinding? ;)
Very nice retro shut.
6.) Art I have never seen cyanotype before, it looks like it has been painted with water color. Very unique. Thanks

Keep them coming

Cheers Greg

jstraw
04-30-2007, 08:58 PM
I got orchids from Jim and the light pole from Matt today...excellent stuff!

That makes 17 for me so far.

Pete H
04-30-2007, 11:04 PM
I received Jim Bradley's orchids yesterday. Delicious tones!
Also Rob Martin's drip sand castle. The brown/copper toning is very effective.
And Randy's card: a real beauty in every sense. Your lighting setup works extremely well.

This is another great round :)

cheers
Pete

rst
05-01-2007, 02:17 AM
... Unlike Randy, I don't have a wife and I still can't get anyone to look at my work.
Howard, I will look at your postcard, and my wife will ... promised! ;)

ciao
-- Ruediger

rst
05-01-2007, 02:21 AM
... Even my wife looks forward to them now, and I can barely get her to look at my own work ...
Same situation here, my wife is not interested in photography, but the postcards seem to be interesting. Well and I must say that she enjoyed watching Ingo and me while doing our short stories ;)

ciao
-- Ruediger

Rlibersky
05-01-2007, 06:18 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments. I've enjoyed all the cards and am looking forward to the rest.