PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 10 Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

Allen Friday
05-01-2007, 10:52 AM
A day late and...

I finished addressing my cards a few minutes ago and they will be in the mail before noon today.

Thank-you all. I have very much enjoyed finding little treasures in the daily mail. My secretary (who pretty much ignors my photography) is even getting into the spirit of the exchange, commenting on how wonderful the cards are.

Allen

bmccarthy007
05-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I have received about 12+ cards to date - (including the mystery card from the prior round!) very enjoyable and inspiring as usual. I'll provide details in a few days.

As for my cards . . .

Finally got some printing done last night. I need to do a bit more and will try my best to get them in the mail before the weekend. I appreciate your patience.

Brian

simulatordan
05-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Hello All,

My printing is now complete. The postcards will be addressed and sent out over the next few days. Sorry for the delay.

Regards Daniel

Dietmar Wolf
05-01-2007, 02:39 PM
You inspired me. Last week I posted a pack Ilford postcards, today I printed 6 pieces. My wife loves them,too! Next round I join :-)

One question: with what pencil do you sign them? I used marker and that was no good idea. Now I can see it on the other side, too :-(
Should I use a ball pen? Thanks.

gr82bart
05-01-2007, 05:02 PM
One question: with what pencil do you sign them? Should I use a ball pen? Forget about a pen or pencil. Use labels - http://www.avery.com/ So much easier on the hand.

Regards, Art.

BWKate
05-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Mine are printed. Just need to be written on and addressed. Oh yeah, just have to buy the stamps.

diwolf: I use an ultra fine point Sharpie to print on the back of my postcards but then again I'm a bit of a talker. It is a bit of work to print on every card but I find it enjoyable and personal.

gr82bart
05-02-2007, 06:30 AM
It is a bit of work to print on every card but I find it enjoyable and personal.Kate,

I am always amazed and honoured you write up each postacrd with individual comments. It's very much appreciated.

Regards, Art.

hal9000
05-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi folks, just wanted to let you know that I sent my cards out today. I have enjoyed the ones I received so far, especially from Ingobohn, Mark Fisher and Gary.

brchambe
05-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Folks, wanted to let you know I mailed my postcards on Monday. 41 postcards plus one to Sean.

I've received 19 so far (three today!) and they are all fantastic.

Thanks Brian C.

rmartin
05-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Just sent mine off, the cards that I have recieved so far have been wonderful, leaving me a little anxious about mine meeting the standard! This is tons of fun, even my husband likes them.
Lynda

No worries on meeting a standard, Lynda. Received your card today. I was blown away. The depth that you captured and then were able to get across on such a small format is truly amazing.

-Rob

jstraw
05-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Two more! Number's 18 and 19...Timothy's lovely cyanotype and Lynda, your first snowfall absolutely meets the standard. Well done.

Tom Kershaw
05-03-2007, 11:18 AM
I sent my cards off this afternoon.

Tom.

Pete H
05-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Number 15 arrived today:
Brian Jeffery (Jeffb) has a great capture of a family moment in Budapest. Wonderful!

Buster6X6
05-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I received two more cards today thank's to rmartin A well done sand castle image with brown toning giving the picture certain surreal value. And Pep Miro's Belchite ruins . Very nice ,just wish post office would not plaster codes all over the front. Was that 4X5 image? Has a lot of detail.That must be only part of the ruins,No?
Thank you all it has been fun.

Greg

jstraw
05-03-2007, 08:29 PM
I received really excellent photographs from Tim Gray, Allan Friday and Scott H today. I'm really blown away by the quality of the whole pile of cards so far.

gordrob
05-03-2007, 11:03 PM
I received another postcard today of a neglected barn from Mike Wilde - very nice print and I love the old barn pictures. I see Canada Post didn't try to deliver to the right postal code -I don't know how many more they may have sent back to sender as this is the only one I have received in the last week. Thanks for resending it Mike.

I have to go out of town on short notice so I will be away for the next week
but I should have the postcards in the mail as soon as I am back.

Regards
Gord

rst
05-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Hi,

so far 24 cards arrived at my house, more than the first half of the cards arrived. That is good time to to give some feedback. But first of all, thanks to everyone for sending the cards. I like coming to the mailbox and finding a nice surprise in it.

So the cards which arrived are from:

Mark_S - boat repair facility: Must be a nice place to take photographs.
PeteH - The Heretic: A nicely toned detail of Abbey of St Michel.
Jake Williams - New Leaves: Unbelieveable that this is cool tone.
Mick Fagan - Billilla House: Lots of detail, I like that contrast.
Michael Newman - 209 104: Other than the numbers, what is it? :confused:
Robert Young - Doppler Radar: Or is it a soccer ball for really big players?
Mark Fisher - House of Horrors: The postman must have been scared when putting this card into my mailbox.
Buter 6x6 - My brither and me: Hmmm, I am still curious, is this your brother or how did you do this? Sleepless nights - but wait for the next round, I will take my revenge.
Mike Wilde - Poverty Acres Abandon: This card gets the price for the most interesting story so far, farmers who make more money with billboards than with running their farm ...
Donald Grindstaff - A cat and a bunny: my daughters favourite, what a surprise ;)
Brian Jeffery - Lolka Bolka: Ha, I like it, very nice shot photograph
Randy Libersky - Woman at a workbench: I like this setup and the lighting but I wonder how she is going to write with this pencil?
Art - The polaroid transfer man changed to cyanotypes ... nice, I like it.
Jim Bradley - Valentine's Day Orchids: Very soft and nice highlight detail. Cool.
Josep Miro - Ruins of Belchite: Nice composition, but the post in Andorra uses lots of ink to stamp the cards, so that there is a stamp pattern from another card on the photograph. Well this is also something that makes the postcards exchange so special.
Jacco de Kraker - Swan Lake: Nice composition and interesting to see SFX in reality.
Matt King - Can you guess: Again a card XL from Matt and I guessed right, a lamp pole. Looks good.
Bastiaan - Watching the Show: Now this is (as always) a nice one. We have to meet some time, I need to see more of your work :)
Henning - Stena Slime: It is funny and a good night shot. Detail in the highlighted memorial (?) is great.
Scott Hamming - Chicago: I like these kinds of photographs, expecially because I usually do not realize these situations when oout with the camera. I only know Chicago International airport and the transfer to the domestic terminal ;)
Tim Gray - Ocean City: Nice seaside detail. Scratched unfortunately. Besides Joseps card, this is the most worn out card that arrived.
Lynda - The First Snow: Yes this looks like a cold day. Nice composition.
Ingo Bohn - How can this guy claim I am printing not contrasty enough?
Ruediger Stobbe - Guess what, I know the answer.

That is all so far. I am looking forward to the rest and again thanks to all participants. The whole family enjoys these postcards. Keep them coming ...

ciao
-- Ruediger

Rlibersky
05-04-2007, 12:00 PM
[Randy Libersky - Woman at a workbench: I like this setup and the lighting but I wonder how she is going to write with this pencil?
ciao
-- Ruediger[/QUOTE]

I noticed the pencil wasn't sharpened after printing the picture. Being flexable I decided it was a pointer. :)

rst
05-04-2007, 12:19 PM
... I noticed the pencil wasn't sharpened after printing the picture. Being flexable I decided it was a pointer. :)Well these are the things one always realizes too late. For my cards we realized, that the trumpet does not make noise. Well, so we decided that it is a tube and a small flowerpot ;)

ciao
-- Ruediger

bmccarthy007
05-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Posted mine this morning! 3 different shots - I look forward to your responses.

Another 4 arrived yesteday - I'll run down the specifics in a few days. Great round so far - wonderful array of subjects & themes, executed beautifully!

Brian