PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 10 Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

ingobohn
05-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Got 5 cards today!!! So I have 21 cards now, time for a resumee:
MARK_S: Boat Repair Facility - I like such rotten motifes.
MICK FAGAN: Billilla House - I like the contrasty print, maybe you should have cut off the branch on the right side.
MOOSE CALF: Elk - Saw such an animal once in Norway near Nittedal. I was impressed of the big and huge body but the fragile and thin legs. But what happened at the lower side of the print, seems something went wrong?
PETE: The Heretic - I like the toning, fits quite well to the little sculpture. But maybe some more depth of field...?
BLACK DOG: New Leaves - My first guess was that this is an IR photography. Didn't expect that this was a regular B/W film. The tonality of the leaves is great.
MICHAEL NEWMAN: 209 104 - Strange but nonetheless very interesting picture. Don't know what this is or should be, but does that matter...?
ART: 5 ***** for this great cyanotypie.
MARK FISHER: House of Horror - Great sequel of the "Busy Bee" pic!
JOSEP MIRO: Belchite - Had more luck than Rüdiger, the ink was not that much on my card. Maybe a red filter would have dramatized the heaven a bit more.
JACCO DE KRAKER: Swan Lake - Ha, now that's IR! I didn't know that the IR effect of the SFX200 is that noticeable. The black water and the white dot (i.e. swan) is the eye catcher.
MATT KING: Can You Guess - XXL lamp on a XXL print.
JIM BRADLEY: Valentine's Day Orchids - Fine tonality.
RANDY LIBERSKY: Woman at Workbench - If Rüdiger wouldn't have stated that little "accident" with the pencil during a joint coffee break, I wouldn't have noticed it.
SCOTT H: Stairs and Birds - Hm, to be honest, this pic is a bit hard for me to get access to...
JEFFEB: Lolka Bolka - Great shot, in Germany we say "they are sitting like monkeys on a grindstone".
DONALD: Cat and Bunny - Although I do not have kids I must admit that it is a very cute pic!
BASTIAAN: Watching the Show - Dogs are the better humans...
LYNDA: - The First Snow - As we had a really warm and snow-less winter here in Germany, I love this card!
TIM: Ocean City, MD - Fine print with great details and tonality.
HENNING: Stena Slime - Good idea not to pass by many years but to stop for one shot.
HAL ZABIN: Osthaven - Boomtown Berlin, building sites everywhere...

HowardDvorin
05-04-2007, 01:02 PM
If the photo in the above message is accurate , then the mystery of who is whom, is solved.

HowardDvorin

jstraw
05-04-2007, 01:25 PM
If anyone cares, my photo is of a grain elevator.

kraker
05-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Quick update from me as well... received nine more cards over the last week or so. In random order...

Jeffeb: nice candid shot, and a priceless expression of the kid.
Art: Something special indeed. Love your cyanotype, thanks.
Tim Gray: Nice composition, also love the long shadows. End of the day, or early morning?
Scott H: I get drawn into this picture, a unique location, yet there's thousands similar locations around the world. That's probably why it feels familiar.
Jim Bradley: Here I was, thinking photos of orchids had to be in colour. An amazing B&W photo of orchids.
Samad Asad: Many, many MANY faces indeed. I can almost feel the crowd...
Randy Libersky: Stunning portrait! Hadn't noticed the "flaw" with the pencil until it was "pointed" out in this thread. ;)
Donald Grindstaff (at least, I hope I deduced the correct name from the mentioned location...): Cute! Whereas your cat will be almost black on the negative, one of ours is almost white on the negative. They are not the easiest to photograph, but you did a good job. Love the sepia toning on this one. I have to try that someday... (So much to experiment, so little time...)
Bastiaan: Watching the show; who said that dogs weren't human? :D (again the only fellow countryman? Such a shame, there should be more...)

Thanks to those who said something about my card. Even if only as an acknowledgement that is was received.

I still have to write and post about ten cards... I'll let you know when they are all in the mail.

Buster6X6
05-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Two more cards arrived today. Thank you Tim Gray For a "Fishing Shak" Late afternoon shot with a w i i ide angle lens.Very well done.
And wonderful " Lolka-Bolka" from Brian( jeffeb) Very sharp and contrasty image. Me like this one. Very nice.

Cheers Greg

jstraw
05-04-2007, 08:57 PM
And the hits just keep on coming...

Keepers from Bastiaan and Brian Chambers today.

Pete H
05-05-2007, 04:37 AM
What a great day - 6 cards arrived yesterday :)

Bastiaan - It msut be an enthralling show!
Samad Asad - This evokes Singapore quite nicely -both the harsh light and the cyclist.
Tim Gray - It's nice the way the clouds work with the leading lines of the fence
Scott H - My first thought was nice tones. The effect of the KRST is subtle but worthwhile.
Henning - Corporate symbolism subverted by a bored graffiti artist.
Donald - I like the toning, and it's very well composed.

Thank you all.

Black Dog
05-05-2007, 12:46 PM
More cards arriving:...
JF De Kraker-Swan Lake:lovely dreamlike quality.The swan is so small in the frame but so crucial to the image.Must get some more SFX!

Jim Bradley-Valentine's Day Orchids:Very subtle,especially the details in the petals. maybe there is something to this vintage lens schtick after all!:)

Rob Martin-Drip Sand Castle-otherworldly;the toning has really added something extra here. Reminds me of the Trotternish area on Skye, or maybe Middle earth.

Bastiaan-watching the show:do dogs look like their owners LOL?:)Like the way you've left the dog sharp and the woman out of focus.

Mark Fisher-a good followup from your last card........an APUGGER struggles to get all his cards printed in time....:)

Michael Newman-209 104:enigmatic and Siskinesque

Art-cyanotype-mysterious and atmospheric. Makes me want to try cyanotypes again!

PeteH-The Heretic:same goes for this one. Possibly it would be nice to have a bit more of the subject in focus, but the shallow depth of field does enhance the mystery.
Thanks for all the lovely cards!:)

gr82bart
05-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Another awesome week. 9 more fantastic postcards.

Lynda's first snow is tranquil and I actually wish I was there. I know you wrote it was freezing, but it looks so peaceful.
Brian's tent frame is an interesting angle and subject
Lovely orchids from Jim Bradley
Very powerful ruins from Pep Miro
I really love the "Lolka Bolka" image from JeffB
Allen's inside sepia toned snap of a castle great hall in Prague is simply gorgeous
The Ocean City image taken by Tim reminds me that I have to do a road trip down the eastern shoreline this summer
Bastiaan's dog watching the show is fantastic
The coffee toned cyanotype from Timothy is also wonderfulKeep it coming people. This round, like previous rounds, is simply fantastic.

Regards, Art.

Pete H
05-06-2007, 03:50 AM
And another three !

Tom Kershaw: Moons of Suffolk. Rocky textures & long shadows certainly make it lunar.
Lynda: Very cold! The water has that "just about to freeze" quality and I like the double archway composition.
matti: A lovely lith print. It sounds like a lot of work to make lith prints for all of us, but I'm glad you did! It hasn't curled too much in the mail.

Another great round.
cheers

Pete

blackmelas
05-07-2007, 08:02 AM
sent mine today! whew!

reellis67
05-07-2007, 12:47 PM
sent mine today! whew!

Mine are going out today as well, so don't feel bad!

- Randy

kraker
05-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Mine are going out today as well, so don't feel bad!

- Randy

Okay, I've also addressed and written the last batch, they will be sent out tomorrow. Pfew, maybe I should reconsider writing them all by hand... :p

mikeg
05-07-2007, 03:12 PM
I've addressed mine and they'll be going out tomorrow as well.

Thanks for all the excellent cards so far.

Cheers

mike

Buster6X6
05-07-2007, 09:25 PM
"First Snow" Arrived today. Thanks Linda I like the composition as well as contrast of the lens. Very nice indeed. I think you bought your self a winner.

Cheers Greg

jstraw
05-07-2007, 09:32 PM
SIX cards arrived today...

Henning Sjogren's, Brian Jeffrey's, Brian McCarthy's, Tom Kershaw's, Ian Harding's and Matti Palm's...as a group, so diverse and so great.

jmontero
05-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Hello,

I have received 5 cards so far from John King, Mike Wilde, Matt King, Robert Young and Hal9000. All fantastic. I am enjoying a lot the postcard exchange.

I sent my 10 postcards on 11th April.

Regard
Javi

BWKate
05-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Almost done writing on mine and will send by Friday when I have money to buy stamps. It will cost me over $4o which I don't mind but I'm a little broke right now.

Will comment on the fantastic cards I have already received soon.

Matthew Gorringe
05-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Mine went out on the 3rd of May. I didn't write a lot on the back so here are some details:

The photo was taken about a year ago in Korea at the end of a very long, cold winter. The tree itself is in bud and looked completely different a week later.

I used an Ebony 23 with a 65mm lens and PanF+ in D76. The print was processed in Dektol 1:3.

Hope you like it.

I'm still getting lots in the post and am really enjoying every one of them, Thanks very much to everyone who has sent me one.

Matt.

jstraw
05-08-2007, 08:27 PM
I received Samad Asad's ghosts today...that's number 31. Thanks Samad.