PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange - Round 10 Comments and Results

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

reellis67
04-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Thanks to everyone for being part of this round! I've created this thread as a place to put comments and announcements for this round, so please post here rather than in the sign-up thread. I'll move the posts from there here in a moment. Also, congratulation to those who have already printed their cards! You all are a fair bit ahead of me this time.

A quick note about some extra Postcard recipients:

If you are interested in printing one extra card for Simon at Ilford, I've posted his mailing address in the sign-up post on the last page (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum179/37071-postcard-exchange-round-10-details-sign-up-5.html#post450885). If you would be interested in printing an extra card or two, I have two people that signed up right at the deadline who would love to exchange cards with you. Just shoot me a PM or an email and I will forward your name to them and theirs to you.

Thanks!

- Randy

P.S. Here is the list of people and their APUG handles in Round 10 of the Exchange

Buster6x6 - Greg Dejanovic
jeffb - Brian Jeffery
jmontero - Javier Montero
rst - Ruediger Stobbe
rwyoung - Robert Young
KingJon - Jonathan King
Rlibersky - Randy Libersky
mikeg - Mike Groves
Mike Wilde - Mike Wilde
matti - Matti Palm
Mark_S - Mark Sauerwald
Stan160 - Ian Harding
PepMiro - Josep Miro
gr82bart - Art Liem
HowardDvorin - Howard Dvorin
Tom Kershaw - Tom Kershaw
Pete H - Peter Harris
BWKate - Kate Seymour
kraker - J(acco).F. de Kraker
Mick Fagan - Mick Fagan
Black Dog - Jake Williams
Mark Fisher - Mark Fisher
simulatordan - Daniel J. McNaughton
bmccarthy007 - Brian McCarthy
IngoBohn - Ingo Bohn
blackmelas - James Herbst
Bob F. - Bob
Justin Low - Justin Low
Bastiaan - Bastiaan Spruijt
ozphoto - Nanette Reid
hal9000 - Hal Zabin
Lynda - Lynda Pavek
Anupam Basu- Anupam Basu
Mattg - Matthew Gorringe
brchambe - Brian Chambers
Don Grindstaff - Donald Grindstaff
Tim Gray - Tim Gray
Andrew West – Andrew West
Reellis67 - Randall Ellis
kwadjo - Nick Carpentieri
timeUnit - Henning Sjögren
ScottH - Scott Hamming
Salmoniod - Tim Gordish
Jim Bradley - Jim Bradley
gordrob - Gordon Robinson
jstraw - Michael Newman
Allen Friday - Allen Friday
Samad Asad - Samad Asad
BirgerA - Birger Aune
MattKing - Matt King
rmartin – Rob Martin
SAShruby - Peter Hruby

ozphoto
04-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Just got my list, and apologies to those of you who are on it in advance. I'm currently in Japan on a 6 week photo shoot, so I won't be able to send mine out until early May.
Cheers from Down Under.
Nanette

rst
04-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Just got my list, and apologies to those of you who are on it in advance. I'm currently in Japan on a 6 week photo shoot, so I won't be able to send mine out until early May.
Cheers from Down Under.
NanetteCards coming late are always a nice surprise in the mailbox. I received the last card of round 9 while the cards of round 10 are already arriving - so I think it is important that people send their cards, no matter when. And BTW early May is still in this rounds timeframe.

ciao
-- Ruediger

ingobohn
04-05-2007, 02:01 AM
My 41 postcards are printed, address labels are placed on the back, cards will be sent out right after Easter weekend.

Mick Fagan
04-05-2007, 03:23 AM
Mine have already left, 42 with one for Simon.

Mick.

Pete H
04-05-2007, 06:25 AM
Mine are ready to go when the post office reopens after Easter.

I tried printing the labels directly on the back. This was not an unmitigated success: the wet ink gets onto the paper feed rollers and tracks down the card :confused:

jstraw
04-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Wow, I'm not even sure I'm going to use an existing negative. I might use one I shot yesterday and processed last night. I did order my postcard paper.

Buster6X6
04-05-2007, 11:24 AM
All 41 cards are printed and ready to go after long weekend. If someone that is not on my list and wants a card exchanged I have three more printed. Let me know and we can exchange addresses.

Cheers Greg

jstraw
04-05-2007, 11:51 AM
You know what would be cool? To have specific galleries for each postcard exchange, print exchange, traveling portfolio, etc. They'd have to go up after the fact to avoid spoiling surprises.

rwyoung
04-05-2007, 01:02 PM
You know what would be cool? To have specific galleries for each postcard exchange, print exchange, traveling portfolio, etc. They'd have to go up after the fact to avoid spoiling surprises.

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=512

Not specific to an individual postcard exchange though...

BWKate
04-05-2007, 03:42 PM
There is a postcard exchange gallery and you can specify which round. Nobody seems to post their cards anymore. I will post my Round#9 cards now that the round is over.

ingobohn
04-09-2007, 01:08 PM
... I tried to post my postcard of round 9 in the gallery - but there were authorization problems. :(

reellis67
04-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Yeah, you have to be a subscriber I'm afraid to post in the gallery...

- Randy

rst
04-10-2007, 04:26 AM
So my cards are on their way and should hit your mailboxes soon. I hope you will like it.

ciao
-- Ruediger

jstraw
04-10-2007, 08:30 AM
I've done test prints and my postcard paper is on a Fedex truck for delivery to me today.

Buster6X6
04-10-2007, 08:51 PM
There we go again.My first card arrived today.Thanks to Mike Wilde "Poverty Acres Abandon" arrived today with beautiful tonality and dissolute feeling of time past. Thanks Mike, well done.

Cheers Greg :)

Keep them coming!

ingobohn
04-11-2007, 01:14 AM
My postcards were sent out yesterday evening.

rst
04-11-2007, 03:12 AM
Wow, what a start, today arrived four cards one from Mike Wilde, one from Mick Fagan, one from Ingo Bohn and my own card. I will comment on the cards later en bloc, but so far very nice ...

ciao
-- Ruediger

ingobohn
04-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Heard from one recipient that the stamp got lost on his card. I hate these #@! things... Last time the address labels got lost partly. *grrr*

rst
04-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Heard from one recipient that the stamp got lost on his card. I hate these #@! things... Last time the address labels got lost partly. *grrr*There is always a third try, so let's hope for round 11 ;)

ciao
-- Ruediger