PDA

View Full Version : Irish Apuger's get-together.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

mmcclellan
04-14-2007, 08:56 AM
I wish I could join you guys, but sadly Dublin is in my past, not my future. Good luck getting an Irish group together, though, and best wishes for success!

When you do meet up, do the pub rain or shine. :)

thefizz
04-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi Michael,

Sorry you are not here to join us. If you get back during the summer, let me know and we will meet up. Enjoy your trip next week.

Peter

Fintan
04-14-2007, 10:01 AM
I'll get back on those dates later in the weekend, in the meantime if anyone is stuck for suggestions on the venue ;)

Discover Ireland (http://www.ireland.ie/Result/Attractions.aspx?rbSelect=type&SearchString=&CategoryID=976&CountyID=879&LocationID=879&LocationName=All+Counties&thisPage=1&PageSize=10&Radius=0&SearchByDate=1&FromDate=&ToDate=&SortBy=1&ProductID=&ThemeID=)

Síle
04-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Let me know which date suits you best.

How about Clonmacnoise ?

It would be nice to do this every few months so for those who have to travel the furthest this time, we can pick somewhere closer for you next time.

Peter

Having never been to Clonmacnoise I would love it, and it's only about 2 hours drive from here so no big deal on the travel end.
The 12/13th or 26/27th would suit me best, either the Saturday or the Sunday both weekends.

Hopefully if we get this to work, we'll manage a few more before the year is out!

Síle

Fintan
04-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8707/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

The 12th would suit me best and am happy with clonmacnoise.

thefizz
04-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Great, lets provisionally set the 12th and see if we can rope in a few more people in the meantime.

Fintan, I asked Eddie and he said he would love to join us if he is free.

Hopefully we'll get a few more.

Peter

Fintan
04-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Great, look forward to it :D

Sean
04-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Added the regional group for you guys..

Thanks for the suggestion Peter.

thefizz
04-16-2007, 04:25 AM

That's savage Sean, thanks a lot.

Peter

dferrie
04-16-2007, 05:57 AM
Hi guys,

The 12th looks good for me too. Just took a quick look at the "Heritage Ireland" site to get some get some general information. The normal entrance cost is €5.30 but "groups" get a reduced fee of €3.70.

According to the Heritage Ireland people:

"An early Christian site founded by Saint Ciaran in the 6th century on the banks of the River Shannon. The site includes the ruins of a cathedral, eight churches (10th-13th century), two round towers, three high crosses and a large collection of early Christian grave slabs. The original high crosses and grave slabs are on display in the Visitor Centre. There is an audio-visual show as well as a number of exhibitions. Access for people with disabilities to Visitor Centre. Please note that this is a very busy site and visitors may experience a delay during the summer."

Does anyone have any ideas on a meeting time?

David

Fintan
04-16-2007, 06:50 AM

Thanks Sean:D

Fintan
04-16-2007, 06:52 AM
if its a busy site, perhaps the earlier the better??

thefizz
04-16-2007, 07:03 AM
if its a busy site, perhaps the earlier the better??

Yes and as there is a lot to see and do I suggest we aim for 10am. Would that be too early for anyone? I can be there earlier or later so I don't mind.

Peter

dferrie
04-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Yes and as there is a lot to see and do I suggest we aim for 10am. Would that be too early for anyone? I can be there earlier or later so I don't mind.

Peter

I have no problem with 10am (or earlier) but happy to go along with whatever suits everyone else.

David

Fintan
04-16-2007, 08:22 AM
I'd say the earliest i could manage would be 8am, so anytime after would suit me.

Síle
04-16-2007, 12:18 PM
An earlier time is definitely better, having recently spent a day shooting in Glendalough, sometime around between 11am and 12pm the tour groups began in earnest and the patient tapping of feet until they moved on became harder..
Not that I'm impatient of course .. :rolleyes:
8/9am seems a good start, but I'm happy to go along with whatever you all decide.

Síle

thefizz
04-16-2007, 12:32 PM
An earlier time is definitely better, having recently spent a day shooting in Glendalough, sometime around between 11am and 12pm the tour groups began in earnest and the patient tapping of feet until they moved on became harder..
Not that I'm impatient of course .. :rolleyes:
8/9am seems a good start, but I'm happy to go along with whatever you all decide.

Síle

Well I am very impatient so I have no problem being there between 8 and 9am.

thefizz
04-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Due to the early start, i'm thinking of maybe driving on the Friday night and staying in a B&B in Shannonbridge. If anyone else wants to do that, let me know and we can meet up for a drink.

Peter

Síle
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
I had thought of the same Peter, and am looking into a few options, B&B and hotels in the area.. I'll keep looking, or I could simply get up the night before the day after ... and see you all one way or other!
6am is the day before right??

fluffy_penguins
04-17-2007, 11:37 AM
count me in, too.

i think i'll def. be coming up the day before because, at least according to the bus eireann website, it takes 5 hours from cork. can that really be the case? my geography is a little shaky... please help me out with some travel tips!

:-)

catherine